PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Race has Globetrotters

Doug Bowe
09-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Harlem Globetrotters

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090909/ap_on_en_tv/us_tv_amazing_race15

enalzi
09-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Wow, 7 of the 12 teams are couples, one of which is newly dating and one that have broken up three times. That'll be a hoot.:rolleyes:

Dolores Reborn
09-10-2009, 07:11 AM
You don't like the drama of fighting couples? That's half the fun! ;)

The Globetrotters should be fun, too. Wait until they get to the Asian countries where they will look like giants! They might have trouble in taxis or other modes of transportation.

notfrommensa
09-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Wasn't there quasi "little people" in last seasons TAR?

mobo85
09-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Wasn't there quasi "little people" in last seasons TAR?

There apparently was, although they're probably not as famous as Charla Faddoul, the now-famous little person who appeared a few years ago.

Too bad the Harlem Globetrotter contestants won't do the silly tricks the Globetrotters are known for. That would make me watch it. (And having Sweet Georgia Brown play every time they are on screen.)

fiddlesticks
09-10-2009, 04:57 PM
There apparently was, although they're probably not as famous as Charla Faddoul, the now-famous little person who appeared a few years ago.

Mark & Michael, the stuntmen brothers (standing in for kid actors). If they weren't around other people to judge how short they were, their little person-ness wasn't nearly as apparent as Charla's.

enalzi
09-10-2009, 06:09 PM
You don't like the drama of fighting couples? That's half the fun! ;)

I don't mind a little couples drama. I hate when it takes over the show though.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.