PDA

View Full Version : MS Outlook - print e-mail w/o To: names

zoid
02-11-2010, 02:26 PM
I get e-mails with tons of names in the To: field, pages sometimes.

Can I print these in Outlook without the names of all the people the e-mail is adressed to?

Arnold Winkelried
02-11-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm assuming you don't want to do a "Save as", create an HTML or TXT document, and then edit the document before printing?

Dusty Rose
02-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Highlight the body of the email. Then go to Print and there should be a spot called "selection." Pick that, and just what you have highlighted will print.

zoid
02-12-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm assuming you don't want to do a "Save as", create an HTML or TXT document, and then edit the document before printing?

Not really - I was hoping to print directly from Outlook but just suppress the To: field.

Highlight the body of the email. Then go to Print and there should be a spot called "selection." Pick that, and just what you have highlighted will print.

Unfortunately that also prints all the names in the To: field.

SOL I guess :(

Vorpal Blade
02-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Not really - I was hoping to print directly from Outlook but just suppress the To: field.

Unfortunately that also prints all the names in the To: field.

SOL I guess :(

Cut-and-paste?

tallcoldone
02-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Forward the email, but don't click Send - all the stuff in the original email is now editable. Delete all the stuff you don't want, then print.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.