PDA

View Full Version : No More ER on Television??!!!

Sateryn76
04-05-2010, 11:22 PM
I just noticed this evening that my DVR hadn't recorded ER since last week. So I checked my Season Pass, and it turns out that they're no longer showing the reruns on TNT, or anywhere else!!:(:(:(:(:(

Maybe I'm weird, but I've seen every episode several times, and have been more or less regularly watching them since I was home with my son in 2004. I can honestly say that I think it's one of the finest dramas to ever be on television. And the rewatchability, even the episodes in the last few seasons, is excellent.

I have no idea what I'm going to watch now! :(

In Winnipeg
04-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Go to Wal-Mart. You can pick up the first six (and maybe more) seasons for around $19.00 each. Then you can watch ER again, if you like.

salinqmind
04-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Well, there goes a big part of my life. I guess ER followed Northern Exposure into the void. To make more room for 'reality shows', I guess.
Buying the episodes on DVDs is a good idea, but I have a bad habit of doing so, and then they just sit there on the shelf forever.

I loved every episode Dr. Carter was in, including the ill-fated African ones. For as long as it's been on, and as uneven as it has been, it truly was one of television's finest dramas. Watching the early episodes - it was so long since I saw them, it was as if I was watching brand new episodes. Shame they aren't broadcast any more.

Sateryn76
04-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Well, there goes a big part of my life. I guess ER followed Northern Exposure into the void. To make more room for 'reality shows', I guess.
Buying the episodes on DVDs is a good idea, but I have a bad habit of doing so, and then they just sit there on the shelf forever.

I loved every episode Dr. Carter was in, including the ill-fated African ones. For as long as it's been on, and as uneven as it has been, it truly was one of television's finest dramas. Watching the early episodes - it was so long since I saw them, it was as if I was watching brand new episodes. Shame they aren't broadcast any more.

Absolutely! Every time TNT reached the end of their syndication episodes, and I would see "Pilot" on my Tivo, I would get a little thrill that I got to see everyone again!

Bryan Ekers
04-06-2010, 01:59 PM
"Dammit, Doug, I'm as sick of your care-too-much cavalier approach to healing getting you in trouble as I was the last six times it happened!"

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.