PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else heard the Geico rhetorical question radio commercials?

Annie-Xmas
10-25-2010, 08:40 AM
I've been hearing these on our local news station 1010 WINS. The first two asked "Is sneaking out of a boring meeting while wearing tap shoes a bad idea?" followed by the sound of a good tap, tap, tapping. and "Would the use of helium make opera less boring?". Some opera sounds, followed by a chimpmunk style ending of "Figaro."

The latest two came on this morning: "Is a mime any more boring when you can't see him?" followed by running comentary on the typical "mime-trapped-in-a-box. Does a rolling stone gather no moss?" followed by the sound of a stone rolling. At the end the guy says "No moss. You'll have to trust me on this."

Good stuff.

Onomatopoeia
10-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Is the narration done by the same guy on the TV commercials? If so, I don't even need to hear the actual radio spot to be amused; his voice is so distinctive that all I have to do is read the lines as he would say them. :)

AuntiePam
10-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Haven't heard the radio spots, but I love the TV ads. Our favorites are the therapist -- "Suck it up, you jackwagon!" and the little piggy going "wee wee wee" all the way home.

Helena
10-25-2010, 10:33 AM
I heard the mime one the other day. (Yep, same guy.)

Skywatcher
11-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Does a rolling stone gather no moss?" followed by the sound of a stone rolling. At the end the guy says "No moss. You'll have to trust me on this."Heard that this morning. What they should have done is use the sound of a shower running, followed by Mick Jagger yelling "Get out of here!"

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.