PDA

View Full Version : Best Weird Al Yankovic song

fusoya
10-28-2010, 05:04 PM
I already know White & Nerdy's gonna win this by a land slide, but lets make it official. I took the top song from each of my album polls.

TBG
10-28-2010, 06:00 PM
And so it ends...

It was a nice run, tho.

Jman
10-28-2010, 07:53 PM
I voted for Hardware Store, which is just all sorts of awesome, but White and Nerdy is quite sweet too. I'm also a big fan of It's All About the Pentiums, though it didn't make the final cut here. Oh, and about 85% of all his songs.

Crafter_Man
10-28-2010, 07:54 PM
I like his originals. Like Happy Birthday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNNkXPGLC9o) and Mr. Frump in the Iron Lung (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AKRqDtzOlQ)

Darth Nader
10-28-2010, 10:22 PM
White and Nerdy, but only half a length ahead of Amish Paradise.

pulykamell
10-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Where the hell is "It's All About the Pentiums"? Or "Like A Surgeon"? "Dare to Be Stupid?" "I Lost on Jeopardy"? "Nature Trail to Hell"? At least give me an "Other" option.

Well, of the ones on this list, I went with "Hardware Store."

fusoya
10-28-2010, 11:06 PM
They all got outvoted already. I really wish When I Was Your Age, Everything You Know Is Wrong and Generic Blues made the cut too

Bosstone
10-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Heh. That seems to be a running theme in these poll contents. Folks miss the specific polls, then turn up in the overall poll and wonder why X isn't on it.

Dread Pirate Jimbo
10-29-2010, 10:17 AM
I'd also put "Melanie" and "Good Old Days" right up there in my all-time Al faves, along with "All About The Pentiums," but "One More Minute" is still the song I think of when it comes to his pure, unmitigated genius.

cmkeller
10-29-2010, 10:19 AM
"One More Minute" for me as well.

pulykamell
10-29-2010, 11:13 AM
They all got outvoted already. I really wish When I Was Your Age, Everything You Know Is Wrong and Generic Blues made the cut too

Ah, I didn't know that.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.