PDA

View Full Version : Republicans admit to voter fraud...

yanceylebeef
11-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Here (http://jezebel.com/5691445/how-palin-conservatives-are-cheating-the-dwts-voting-system)

It's only for the show Dancing With The Stars, but the glee that some are taking in the comments is awesome!

"I'm voting like a Democrat today!"

Mods, wasn't sure where to put this, but since it's about a bad reality tv show, I figured Cafe Society was the best bet.

twickster
11-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Here (http://jezebel.com/5691445/how-palin-conservatives-are-cheating-the-dwts-voting-system)

It's only for the show Dancing With The Stars, but the glee that some are taking in the comments is awesome!

Mods, wasn't sure where to put this, but since it's about a bad reality tv show, I figured Cafe Society was the best bet.
Works for me. Great link -- I posted it in the multi-page DWTS thread as well. :D

njtt
11-16-2010, 02:50 PM
One site wants to "make liberal heads explode" by urging Tea Partiers to vote for Palin, even saying that they "don't need to watch" DWTS as long as they vote.

Wow these people are dumb! Do they seriously think any liberals will be in the slightest bit upset if Bristol wins a dance contest?

I do not watch the show, but, although I am well to the left of President Obama and most U.S. Democrats, I am (very mildly) rooting for her. I feel sort of sorry for her. (Also, I have no idea who else is competing!).

joebuck20
11-16-2010, 04:11 PM

Damn, these people are dumber than shit. Please, please tell me where and how I can vote multiple times (in a real election, not for DWTS) and even more importantly how I can get paid for it.

Death of Rats
11-16-2010, 04:14 PM
According to the comments, by working for ACORN.

I so want to build a bot to vote thousands of times for everyone but Bristol just to wtch these peoples head explode, but I just can't bring myself to care that much about DWTS.

Chronos
11-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Wow these people are dumb! Do they seriously think any liberals will be in the slightest bit upset if Bristol wins a dance contest?Yeah, I don't like her mom, but I don't have anything against her personally.

Incidentally, is Sarah still trying to claim that she's protecting her family from the limelight?

kaylasdad99
11-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Well, not wrt DWTS. She's protecting her family from the limelight by having them on the Alaska show (or whatever it's called).

astorian
11-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Speaking as one of the SDMB's token right wingers...

I wouldn't WATCH "Dancing With the Stars," much less vote for any of its contestants, if Ronald Reagan was dancing with Jeane Kirkpatrick.

control-z
11-17-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm a Republican and I couldn't give a rat's ass whether Palin wins or not. That just shows you douchebaggery occurs in all political parties.

antonio107
11-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I don't like her mom, but I don't have anything against her personally.

I dislike her simply by the fact that she became famous for getting knocked up and doing the "right thing," and now she's a TV celebrity, supposedly leaving her child at home while she galavants around. Is that still the right thing? I'm sure I'll find 20 examples of single mothers who are also celebrities, but that doesn't mean that I like it one bit.

sqweels
11-18-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm a Republican and I couldn't give a rat's ass whether Palin wins or not. That just shows you douchebaggery occurs in all political parties.
False equivalence. There was no voter fraud on the part of Democrats, there was plenty of voter suppression (http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/10/republican_voter_suppression_a.php) on the part of Republicans. Thousands at a time as opposed to one at a time.

twickster
11-18-2010, 03:58 PM
False equivalence. There was no voter fraud on the part of Democrats, there was plenty of voter suppression (http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/10/republican_voter_suppression_a.php) on the part of Republicans. Thousands at a time as opposed to one at a time.

This is, despite the title, a thread about a TV show. If you want to talk politics, take it to Great Debates.

Thanks,

twickster, Cafe Society moderator

EvilTOJ
11-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Oooh look at all the pretty little Tea Partiers! Bless their hearts they think they're making such a difference in life, cheating at games that don't matter. It's just like cheating at Monopoly, and then gloating over your opponents saying "Now imagine if I had REAL money and property! I would be winning so hard right now!"

El_Kabong
11-19-2010, 09:09 AM
So if Bristol wins, is that supposed to demonstrate the innate superiority of conservatism, or what?

Seems kind of like those stories that Kim Jong-il scored five holes-in-one the first time he ever played golf.

Blank Slate
11-19-2010, 09:46 AM
This is, despite the title, a thread about a TV show. If you want to talk politics, take it to Great Debates.

Thanks,

This is a thread about teabaggers manipulating a reality show's voting system. How can it not be political?

Biggirl
11-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Ah hah! Now we know who was behind the Master P debacle.

twickster
11-19-2010, 06:44 PM
This is a thread about teabaggers manipulating a reality show's voting system. How can it not be political?

If you want to talk about their activities with regard to the TV show, you may do so here. If you want to talk about broader political issues about real votes in the real world, please start a new thread in GD and link to it from here.

Evil Captor
11-19-2010, 11:38 PM
If we care about Dancing with the Stars, that means the terrorists have won!

CJJ*
11-19-2010, 11:58 PM
So if Bristol wins, is that supposed to demonstrate the innate superiority of conservatism, or what?

Seems kind of like those stories that Kim Jong-il scored five holes-in-one the first time he ever played golf.
Yeah, I chalk this up as the latest desire of a small group to find pop-culture validation for their ideology. This is little different than the folks who picked apart the various film-awards voting the year after the release of The Passion of the Christ (on the right) or Brokeback Mountain (on the left).

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.