PDA

View Full Version : Treme returns on Sunday

Chefguy
04-22-2011, 09:33 AM
This completely underrated show is coming back this Sunday for a second season on HBO. We rewatched the first season this week and I found myself enjoying it more than the first time through. I doubt that it can be sustained for more than one more season, however.

GrandWino
04-22-2011, 09:47 AM
One of the best series on television right now. Can't wait for Sunday night!

Chefguy
04-22-2011, 11:36 AM
The only problem I have with the show is that I tend to talk like I'm from New Orleans for two days after watching an episode. Not that I'd want to live there, me.

Anamorphic
04-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Agreed, it's a completely underrated show, and I can't wait for it to start up again. I see the first season is out on dvd... I need to pick that up!

mhendo
04-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Woohoo! Great show. We've really been looking forward to its return. Be interesting to see where they take it after last season's ending.

Chefguy
04-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Woohoo! Great show. We've really been looking forward to its return. Be interesting to see where they take it after last season's ending.

They were probably not counting on a second season and did a nice wrap-up in the final episode last time, but left just enough room for some story arcs to play on. Hopefully they snagged Melissa Leo for the second season before she went all Oscar on us.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.