PDA

View Full Version : Who would "ride the tricycle" with

etv78
04-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Which "How I Met Your Mother" characters would you have a threesome with?

Indygrrl
04-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Marshall and Lily--they're kinky as all getout and I know for certain he's hung.

etv78
04-22-2011, 11:36 PM
I'd pick: Trudy and Robin. (what can I say, I dig brunettes!)

zoid
04-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Holy shit, "Ride the tricycle" has really changed meaning.
I feel old :(

etv78
04-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Holy shit, "Ride the tricycle" has really changed meaning.
I feel old :(

Now get off his lawn! ;)

Indygrrl
04-23-2011, 12:07 AM
Also, who in the heck is Trudy? I remember Stella (yikes), but Trudy's a mystery.

etv78
04-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Also, who in the heck is Trudy? I remember Stella (yikes), but Trudy's a mystery.

From the "Pineapple Incident" (Winnie Cooper)

Monkey Chews
04-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Barney and Ted.

But if I could replace Ted with the doppelganger of Barney, and make it Barney and Barney, then that would be - what's the word I'm looking for? Fantastic? Mythical? I don't know, I'm sure a word would come to mind in the moment.

enalzi
04-23-2011, 12:34 AM
From the "Pineapple Incident" (Winnie Cooper)

Also from the episode that was all about riding the tricycle.

tr0psn4j
04-23-2011, 03:02 AM
Can I just have my way with Robin twice? I'd like that instead.

EvilTOJ
04-23-2011, 03:36 AM
Robin and Lily. Or Lily twice. mmmmm.....

Turek
04-23-2011, 05:51 AM
I can't answer because you left Victoria off the list.

etv78
04-23-2011, 11:09 AM
I can't answer because you left Victoria off the list.

I could've gone nuts with names, but chose to stick with significant characters. Who would join you and Victoria on the tricycle?

etv78
04-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Barney and Ted.

But if I could replace Ted with the doppelganger of Barney, and make it Barney and Barney, then that would be - what's the word I'm looking for? Fantastic? Mythical? I don't know, I'm sure a word would come to mind in the moment.

legen- wait for it, and I hope you're not lactose intolerant, because it's -dary. :D

bouv
04-23-2011, 11:26 AM
I could've gone nuts with names, but chose to stick with significant characters. Who would join you and Victoria on the tricycle?

Although Trudy was in the tricycle episode, I'd say Victoria is more significant...she was one of Ted's longer girlfriends (compared to most that were one-episode ones.

I said Robin and Lily, but if Victoria were on the list it would be VERY hard to decide between two of them...I'd probably go Lily and Victoria, cause as said earlier, we know Lily is pretty kinky.

etv78
04-23-2011, 11:35 AM
I think I read that if the show wasn't renewed Victoria would've been the "mother".

etv78
04-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Tip for all you Lily fans: keep her away from a flute!

zoog
04-23-2011, 11:59 AM
I've never watched the show, but it has Alyson Hannigan in it, right? Just sign me up for two of her.

etv78
04-23-2011, 12:09 PM
I've never watched the show, but it has Alyson Hannigan in it, right? Just sign me up for two of her.

she plays Lily

tripthicket
04-24-2011, 12:26 AM
Gotta go with Lily and her doppelganger, Stripper Lily.

Extra flamey! :D

etv78
04-25-2011, 11:37 AM
The episode is on right now!

silenus
04-25-2011, 11:52 AM
I'll take a double-dip of Robin: one as she is now, and one as Robin Sparkles.

Darth Sensitive
04-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Major characters: Lily and Victoria
Minor characters: Coat Check Girl and Trudy.

There are many good choices here.

(Yes, I am in the middle of rewatching the first season)

Skald the Rhymer
04-25-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm against threesomes, but if I must it would be Robin & Lilly. Is Trudy Ted's current girlfriend? The one played by the House alum whose name I'm too lazy to google?

ETA: I see from the thread that Trudy is the Danical McKellar character. That changes everything. Definitely her -- but it'd have to be the real her, because she's quite intelligent and that's sexy. I don't recall if the character was smart.

Skald the Rhymer
04-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Major characters: Lily and Victoria
Minor characters: Coat Check Girl and Trudy.

There are many good choices here.

(Yes, I am in the middle of rewatching the first season)

Is Victoria really a major character?

She doesn't even last a season and spends much of her story time in Germany. She's mostly a device to simultaneously keep Ted & Robin apart for a while.

Mtgman
04-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Cindy(Rachel Bilson (http://www.google.com/search?q=rachel+bilson&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=4JQ&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivnsulo&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Fa21Tby3B9OE0QH7yZWGCQ&ved=0CFoQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=893)) and Lily. It helps that Cindy has experience with both genders, and you just know that Lily would be GGG about it.

Enjoy,
Steven

Skald the Rhymer
04-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Cindy(Rachel Bilson (http://www.google.com/search?q=rachel+bilson&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=4JQ&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivnsulo&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Fa21Tby3B9OE0QH7yZWGCQ&ved=0CFoQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=893)) and Lily. It helps that Cindy has experience with both genders, and you just know that Lily would be GGG about it.

Enjoy,
Steven

Maybe so; she's kind of unpredictable. But I think it's fair to say that if Robin were the third ingredient in the sandwich, Lilly would strip so fast her clothes would catch fire from friction. The fact that she, Marshall, and Robin haven't had a threeway is not her doing in any sense; it has to be because one or both of the other two isn't game.

I seem to recall Lilly enthusiasically approving of Barney's accomplishment when he wore the three-way belt.

kunilou
04-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Gotta go with Lily and her doppelganger, Stripper Lily.

Extra flamey! :D

Nah, Stripper Lily would want me give her money for shopping.

Cluricaun
04-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Well since you asked......Robin and Stella.

I'll be in my bunk.

Wheelz
04-26-2011, 08:25 AM
It's a no-brainer for me: Lily and Robin.
Dr. Elliot Reed might have figured in there, but not Stella. There was definitely some repression in that character. Whereas, we know both Lily and Robin enjoy their... adult activities... and aren't too shy about the fact.

Robin would almost certainly be into it. The trick would be getting Lily on board without Marshall. Perhaps we need to design an lengthy and elaborate death scenario for him.

Darth Sensitive
04-26-2011, 04:44 PM

She doesn't even last a season and spends much of her story time in Germany. She's mostly a device to simultaneously keep Ted & Robin apart for a while.

I say yes. There was a chance that she would have been the mother depending on season cancellation issues. She wasn't as big as Stella or Robin, but she's higher than just about everybody else he went on dates with.

Edward The Head
04-26-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't remember this episode, which season was it in? I thought I had seen most of them but I guess I haven't. I might just have to go back and watch some of the older ones now.

I forgot to say Robin and Trudy.

Skald the Rhymer
04-26-2011, 05:12 PM
I say yes. There was a chance that she would have been the mother depending on season cancellation issues. She wasn't as big as Stella or Robin, but she's higher than just about everybody else he went on dates with.

Accordin gto imdb, Ashley Williams, who played Victoria, has been in 6 out of 135 episodes. Six. That's fewer than Jennifer Morrion, who plays Trudy (11 episodes); it's fewer than Sarah Chalke's Stella. it's fewer than Wendy or Carl the Bartender or Marshal''s mother. Calling her a major character is just silly. Ranjit has a better claim to being a major character than Virginia.

etv78
04-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Accordin gto imdb, Ashley Williams, who played Victoria, has been in 6 out of 135 episodes. Six. That's fewer than Jennifer Morrion, who plays Trudy (11 episodes); it's fewer than Sarah Chalke's Stella. it's fewer than Wendy or Carl the Bartender or Marshal''s mother. Calling her a major character is just silly. Ranjit has a better claim to being a major character than Virginia.

Danicka Mckellar plays Trudy.

Skald the Rhymer
04-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Danicka Mckellar plays Trudy.

Yeah,you're right. That doesn't change the fact that Victoria, however charming she was (she was much too good for Ted, but who isn't?) was hardly a major charcater.

etv78
04-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Yeah,you're right. That doesn't change the fact that Victoria, however charming she was (she was much too good for Ted, but who isn't?) was hardly a major charcater.

I agree about Vicki, just fighting ignorance about Trudy's actress. :D

MilTan
04-26-2011, 06:38 PM
I'd have to add in Nora -- that accent slays me.

bouv
04-26-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm going to amend my answer...

I'll still take Lily, but with the caveat that it's not season 3 Lily. That's the season that my local Fox affiliate is in for it's syndication run, and I can't believe I forgot how awful the hair and wardrobe people made Allyson Hannigan look that season. The God-awful bangs, too dark hair, and vintage 70's-inspired clothing...blech.

Perfect example of what I mean. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/axpauction/screenshot1.jpg)

etv78
04-27-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm going to amend my answer...

I'll still take Lily, but with the caveat that it's not season 3 Lily. That's the season that my local Fox affiliate is in for it's syndication run, and I can't believe I forgot how awful the hair and wardrobe people made Allyson Hannigan look that season. The God-awful bangs, too dark hair, and vintage 70's-inspired clothing...blech.

Perfect example of what I mean. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/axpauction/screenshot1.jpg)

was she (and Cobie) pregnant IRL that season?

etv78
05-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Just watched the episode that ended with Victoria leaving for Germany. Forgot what a HOTTIE Ashley Williams is!

elfkin477
05-27-2011, 06:17 PM
I can't answer the poll, there aren't two attractive men on the show regularly. How about Ted and Scooby? That could work.

etv78
06-04-2011, 07:37 PM
I can't answer the poll, there aren't two attractive men on the show regularly. How about Ted and Scooby? That could work.

You mean "Scooter", right? BTW, I wonder if there's fanfic out there of Barney and Scooter.

elfkin477
06-04-2011, 09:50 PM
You mean "Scooter", right? BTW, I wonder if there's fanfic out there of Barney and Scooter. I don't think I do. Isn't Scooter Lily's ex? I mean the kid that Robin dated this season that everyone treated like a dog.

etv78
06-05-2011, 12:20 AM
I don't think I do. Isn't Scooter Lily's ex? I mean the kid that Robin dated this season that everyone treated like a dog.

You might be! :smack: Scooter (played by David Burtka, NPH's partner) is Lily's last boyfriend before Marshall.

jackdavinci
06-05-2011, 01:59 AM
In terms of pure physicality, Neil Patrick Harris is the only actor I find sexually attractive in real life.

In terms of general attractiveness, personality and generally visually beautiful-wise I would totally be the meat in a Lily - Robin sandwich. If I was looking for some kind of threeway romantic thing, Marshall and Ted would totally do it for me. On a raw sexual level, Barney would rock my world, assuming we both had our shots first.

Otherwise in terms of purely visual attraction, I liked Robin's dogboy, and Robin's hispanic boy (Enrique).

TriPolar
06-05-2011, 01:02 PM
I didn't notice anybody mentioning this, but one episode revealed that Lily is really into Robin. That's the only clue that any two members of the cast would be good participants in a threesome.

Skald the Rhymer
06-05-2011, 05:58 PM
I didn't notice anybody mentioning this, but one episode revealed that Lily is really into Robin. That's the only clue that any two members of the cast would be good participants in a threesome.

I can think of at least two episodes that indicate that Lily is into Robin; she explicitly says that she's had sex dreams about her in one.

Moreover, she's said on multiple occasions, about hot women, that she finds them attractive, and when Ted is trying to get the three-way belt, she is clearly happy at the idea, and she high-fives Barney when Barney wears said belt into the bar.

The fact that Lily, Robin, & Marshall haven't had a threeway is, due either to Robin not being into Marshall, or Marshall's feeling that his code of friendship (with both Ted & Barney) prevents it.

Justin_Bailey
06-05-2011, 06:31 PM
The fact that Lily, Robin, & Marshall haven't had a threeway is, due either to Robin not being into Marshall, or Marshall's feeling that his code of friendship (with both Ted & Barney) prevents it.

It's a combination of both those things that Robin and Marshall never really became friendly. Marshall calls it The Mermaid Theory: http://how-i-met-your-mother.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mermaid_Theory

But also, Marshall and Lily are both way into marital fidelity and I think both would see a threeway as cheating.

Skald the Rhymer
06-05-2011, 06:39 PM
It's a combination of both those things that Robin and Marshall never really became friendly. Marshall calls it The Mermaid Theory: http://how-i-met-your-mother.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mermaid_Theory

Why are you using the past tense? The show's still airing.

Anyway, I think that Robin & Marshall are genuine friends at this point; they socialize together independent of the others on several occasions.

But also, Marshall and Lily are both way into marital fidelity and I think both would see a threeway as cheating.
I'm not sure about that. But I also think that Marshall simply isn't all that attracted to Robin. He has a wife who has admitted to thinking that she is hot and has encouraged him to admit finding other women hot with what seems to be genuine enthusiasm; I think he knows it'd be safe. He simply doesn't see Robin the way the other three do.

etv78
06-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Why are you using the past tense? The show's still airing.

Anyway, I think that Robin & Marshall are genuine friends at this point; they socialize together independent of the others on several occasions.

I'm not sure about that. But I also think that Marshall simply isn't all that attracted to Robin. He has a wife who has admitted to thinking that she is hot and has encouraged him to admit finding other women hot with what seems to be genuine enthusiasm; I think he knows it'd be safe. He simply doesn't see Robin the way the other three do.

Marshall is incapable of being attracted to women other than Lily, even in the abstract.

kunilou
06-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Marshall is incapable of being attracted to women other than Lily, even in the abstract.

However, after Lily's death, a suitable period of mourning, the establishment of a foundation to cure the disease that killed her, and the explicit permission of Angel Lily, he might go for the hot parcel delivery chick.

Lord Ashtar
06-05-2011, 09:37 PM

I seem to recall him saying once that he found Robin kind of meh. He cited her being "freakishly tall" as the reason.

And I'd have to go for Robin/Stella. Cobie Smulders is a babe, and I've always had a thing for the hot Becky Conner (as opposed to Lecy Goranson, who played more of a brainy one).

etv78
06-05-2011, 10:05 PM
I seem to recall him saying once that he found Robin kind of meh. He cited her being "freakishly tall" as the reason.

And I'd have to go for Robin/Stella. Cobie Smulders is a babe, and I've always had a thing for the hot Becky Conner (as opposed to Lecy Goranson, who played more of a brainy one).

Lord Ashtar, you like FAKE Becky? :eek:

Jaledin
06-05-2011, 11:47 PM
I don't watch regularly, or at all, really, so I think that Freaks and Geeks guy is not supposed to be in to Robin?

Fuck that, giant Freak-man, you got bad taste. I like the stumpy one who looks like a muppet, whose name is Lily, I think, and also Robin, that tall one with the giant head. I might take two of the short ones, though.

TriPolar
06-06-2011, 12:07 AM
I can think of at least two episodes that indicate that Lily is into Robin; she explicitly says that she's had sex dreams about her in one.

Moreover, she's said on multiple occasions, about hot women, that she finds them attractive, and when Ted is trying to get the three-way belt, she is clearly happy at the idea, and she high-fives Barney when Barney wears said belt into the bar.

I was mainly just considering Lily and Robin and me. I really don't care who Marshall has sex with as long as it's not me.

Justin_Bailey
06-06-2011, 04:54 PM

The Mermaid Theory just aired in like March. Robin and Marshall may be "genuine friends" (whatever that means), but I think the show has done a pretty job of establishing why they rarely hang out just by themselves.

Lord Ashtar
06-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Lord Ashtar, you like FAKE Becky? :eek:

I do. Sarah Chalke is a hottie.

Skald the Rhymer
06-06-2011, 05:17 PM
The Mermaid Theory just aired in like March. Robin and Marshall may be "genuine friends" (whatever that means), but I think the show has done a pretty job of establishing why they rarely hang out just by themselves.

I missed it if it was this season. I mostly watch reruns on WGN.

Anyway, as someone wrote upthread, Marshall's not really into Robin.

Darth Sensitive
05-24-2012, 11:30 PM

Recent season finale seems to say so.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.