PDA

View Full Version : Big Bang 4/28--The Agreement Dissection

Annie-Xmas
04-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Sheldon goes dancing with the girls while Priya tries to break down the roommate agreement using legal theory.

silenus
04-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Priya needs to get deported. I'm getting really tired of her.

Hypno-Toad
04-28-2011, 02:38 PM
I think the writing is on the wall: Priya is not the one for Leonard.

PigArcher
04-28-2011, 05:12 PM
I think the writing is on the wall: Priya is not the one for Leonard.

But when will we meet the mother?

Wait, wrong show. Nevermind.

Crawlspace
04-28-2011, 07:30 PM
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

When Amy Farrah Fowler said, "You smell like a sexy toddler" I almost lost it.

notfrommensa
04-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Hilarious episode. AFF is definitely researching both sides of the microscope. Leonard/Priya break-up is definitely germinating.

Loved the Vanity card. Monkey addicted to Heroin and currently in Detox.

Cyberhwk
04-29-2011, 12:15 AM
Yeah, she definitely wore thin awfully quickly.

jackdavinci
04-29-2011, 04:36 AM
Great episode. Priya's lawyering was great, as was Sheldon being forced out of his comfort zone. I don't dislike Priya simply because it's super obvious that most of her flaws were just contrived to make a Penny reunion possible. As soon as I saw the monkey I thought "I bet the vanity card will say no monkeys were harmed..."

Tristan
04-29-2011, 06:45 AM
I am conflicted... I want to see Leonard with Penny.

But Priya may be the hottest girl to be on the show right now. Dang it.

That being said, seeing Sheldon get lawyered was awesome.

Anyone else curious to know what Sheldon meant by "fascinating" when AFF kissed him? I sure am.

Khadaji
04-29-2011, 07:20 AM
This is one of my favorite shows, but some of the on-going jokes have grown old.

The roommate agreement is one of them. I was hoping we would see an end to it.

Morbo
04-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Sheldon and AFF getting busy will be the Moonlighting event of current TV, with alll the inherent outcomes.

GuanoLad
04-29-2011, 07:40 AM
Sheldon and AFF getting busy will be the Moonlighting event of current TV, with alll the inherent outcomes.I think they know that. I think they're having fun playing around with it, with no intention of taking it too far.

Annie-Xmas
04-29-2011, 08:20 AM
Great writing on this one. Jim Parsons can say the most inane lines and make them sound normal: "I'm not in the mood to hear women discuss unicorns, rainbows and menstrual discomfits." And he can also sing and dance reasonably well.

Did anyone get the joke when the hungover Amy told the monkey "Get Off my back!" She's got a monkey on her back, ha! ha!

ETA: I like Priya. It's about time they introduced a character who is as smart as the rest, but relatively normal. Raj comes the closest to it in that bunch, so it makes sense his sister would be smart.

Hazle Weatherfield
04-29-2011, 08:24 AM
Is Mayim Bialik pregnant, or was she just wearing a completely unflattering sweater?

silenus
04-29-2011, 08:31 AM
This episode explains the season finale*, or at least the casus belli.

*Leonard moves out and in with Priya.

gytalf2000
04-29-2011, 08:41 AM
I think they know that. I think they're having fun playing around with it, with no intention of taking it too far.

I certainly hope so!

control-z
04-29-2011, 09:21 AM
"I kissed a girl and I liked it!"

Crawlspace
04-29-2011, 09:24 AM
"What happened to you?"

Annie-Xmas
04-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Sheldon's knock-knock-knock Penny knock-knock-knock Penny knock-knock-knock Penny in the opening scene was just hysterical!

Sitnam
04-29-2011, 10:21 AM
I use to think this, a foil is useful for the jokes so the bland characters (Leonard, Raj) bring out the best in the strange ones (Sheldon, Wolowitz). But most of the scenes with Priya are just with Leonard, bland plus blander.

Still, this was a great episode and I thought Sheldon getting a girlfriend would be the death of the show, I couldn't have been more wrong.

gregorio
04-29-2011, 10:23 AM
She's got a monkey on her back, ha! ha!

And the monkey on her back has a monkey on its back. It's monkeys all the way . . . up?

Simplicio
04-29-2011, 10:33 AM
The mystery of why Leonard bothers to put up with Sheldon continues. Threatening your relationship with your girlfriend and her relationship with her parents over an imaginary contract is pretty psychopathic.

Lightnin'
04-29-2011, 10:41 AM
The mystery of why Leonard bothers to put up with Sheldon continues. Threatening your relationship with your girlfriend and her relationship with her parents over an imaginary contract is pretty psychopathic.

And Priya forgot to point out that a contract signed under duress isn't valid.

Khadaji
04-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I woulda kicked his ass long ago - or at least kicked it to the curb.

notfrommensa
04-29-2011, 11:00 AM
I would have bet the roommate agreement has some sort of clause against pets. Yet, earlier this season, Sheldon had cats, cats, and more cats in the apartment.

silenus
04-29-2011, 11:04 AM

Well, Sheldon did save Leonard's life. That still counts for something, I guess.

jackdavinci
04-29-2011, 11:59 AM
And Priya forgot to point out that a contract signed under duress isn't valid.

I thought the same thing. OTOH, while the agreement was invalidated as a 'legal contract', it's going to be enforceable as blackmail until Priya either is able to accept the consequences or finds her own leverage.

I was disappointed that Sheldon got interrupted though before we could see exactly what Leonard's 'fine' would have been.

johnpost
04-29-2011, 12:16 PM
AFF kisses a girl and likes it, kisses a guy and barfs for hours. this show might be going somewhere.

etv78
04-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Well, Sheldon did save Leonard's life. That still counts for something, I guess.

He (Leonard) also was dating a North Korean girl (spy I'd assume) when the elevator explosion happened.

silenus
04-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Which means HS would ship him off to Gitmo in a picosecond.

Now if this show was on HBO, they could run with the AFF/Penny 'ship and we'd really crank up the ratings!

gytalf2000
04-29-2011, 01:15 PM
He (Leonard) also was dating a North Korean girl (spy I'd assume) when the elevator explosion happened.

I think that Leonard was about to give out classified info to the sexy North Korean spy girl, too! My memory is a bit hazy about that, though...

silenus
04-29-2011, 01:23 PM
That is correct. He was sleeping with Joyce Kim, who was a North Korean spy. He was trying to impress her with purloined nuclear material when the elevator incident happened.

Mikemike2
04-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Did anyone else think that the vanity card at the end about the unreliable coked up monkey was also another non to subtle shot at Charlie Sheen?

silenus
04-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Nope. It must have been so subtle I missed it.

notfrommensa
04-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Did anyone else think that the vanity card at the end about the unreliable coked up monkey was also another non to subtle shot at Charlie Sheen?

Subtle? More like Obtuse.

Cat Whisperer
04-29-2011, 03:09 PM

When Amy Farrah Fowler said, "You smell like a sexy toddler" I almost lost it."I don't know how to process that." I loved Amy coming onto Sheldon - was he more confused or uncomfortable? Hard to say - good job, Jim Parsons. :)

I liked the upset Penny-knocking, too - how many different ways to knock has he shown us now? 15?

I thought Leonard would rein Priya in when she was lawyering Sheldon, because he knows that means that Sheldon is just going to make it worse, but he was enjoying it far too much. :D

control-z
04-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Remember Leonard's mother is very much like Sheldon, so he has experience at dealing (or not dealing) with someone like Sheldon.

Markxxx
04-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Didn't Leonard's mother kiss Sheldon? If so, Sheldon seems to forgot that.

Cat Whisperer
04-29-2011, 04:01 PM
She did, didn't she? I forgot that.

Fugazi
04-29-2011, 04:14 PM
That would have been an interesting answer to Penny's question of "have you ever kissed a girl?"

My mom, my sister, my meemaw... oh and Leonard's mom.

Skald the Rhymer
04-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Okay, I don't watch this show with any regularity (last night was the second I've seen), but I thought Priya was ridiculously hot and absolutely adorable. Though it was unclear to me why it didn't occur to her to simply kick the shit out of Sheldon.

JoelUpchurch
04-29-2011, 05:24 PM
I thought Leonard would rein Priya in when she was lawyering Sheldon, because he knows that means that Sheldon is just going to make it worse, but he was enjoying it far too much. :D

"No offense, but having shower sex with you, is now the second best thing that happened to me today!"

I wonder if Priya has moved past Wil Wheaton on Sheldon's enemies list.

It sort of makes me wonder what Raj and Priya's home life must has been like to cause both of them to flee to Los Angles.

JoelUpchurch
04-29-2011, 05:43 PM

Remember when the Leonard and Raj suggested that Sheldon needed to pull a practical joke on Barry Kripke? His first thought was about various untraceable poisons he could use.

Sheldon has little or no intuition about what constitutes appropriate human behavior. He has to have the rules explicitly explained to him. Premeditated murder is not appropriate for a practical joke, for instance.

Folacin
04-29-2011, 06:58 PM

It's Sheldon's apartment - I'd guess that maybe Leondard is subletting? While I imagine that Leonard should be able to afford a place of his own by now (was he some sort of student when he moved in?), at this point his life/friends/habits are pretty much entwined with Sheldon.

Llama Llogophile
04-29-2011, 08:03 PM

Worse than that - they did karaoke together.

I thought this was a good episode. And I'm in love with Priya.

Enright3
04-29-2011, 09:51 PM

When Amy Farrah Fowler said, "You smell like a sexy toddler" I almost lost it.

Agreed. This was by far the funniest episode all season. I was in stitches over the smoking monkey.

Cat Whisperer
04-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Remember when the Leonard and Raj suggested that Sheldon needed to pull a practical joke on Barry Kripke? His first thought was about various untraceable poisons he could use.

Sheldon has little or no intuition about what constitutes appropriate human behavior. He has to have the rules explicitly explained to him. Premeditated murder is not appropriate for a practical joke, for instance.Amy seems to say that regularly, too - "Should I kill her?"

It's Sheldon's apartment - I'd guess that maybe Leondard is subletting? While I imagine that Leonard should be able to afford a place of his own by now (was he some sort of student when he moved in?), at this point his life/friends/habits are pretty much entwined with Sheldon.A few episodes ago, they split up with Sheldon, and realized that he is indeed part of their group, for better or worse.

Brynda
04-30-2011, 04:26 PM

CNN seems to think so.

cmyk
05-01-2011, 02:09 AM
CNN seems to think so.

I immediately thought so too.

Another great episode. AFF drunk and coming on to Sheldon was hilarious. I loved the totally exaggerated way AFF waltzed.

To the monkey: "he's kind of an ass."

"I can train a monkey to smoke, I can train it to shoot a poison dart... And we won't be prosecuted... Everyone loves monkeys!"

Also: "They were out of menthol, get off my back!"

Sheldon's 'Penny Penny Penny' then she opens the door... "Move, move, move...!" as he shuffles around her to take a piss.

Boggette
05-01-2011, 05:41 PM
I almost peed myself when AFF told Sheldon, after kissing him, not to take her reaction personally as she ran for the bathroom to barf. I can't find the exact quote, but man oh man...

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.