PDA

View Full Version : "Ice Age 3" or "Madagascar 3" - Need Answer Fast!

JohnT
09-21-2012, 01:40 PM
;)

I'm taking my kid to the movie (it's a surprise, so don't tell her), both start at 5pm Central. Which of the two movies listed are least painful for adults?

They're both pretty short - IA3 is 88 minutes, MAD3 is 93, so no advantage there. I enjoy the Madagascar franchise more, in the sense that I enjoy headaches more than the flu. IMDB and metascore ratings are about equal, so that doesn't help.

What say you?

FoieGrasIsEvil
09-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Haven't seen Madagascar 3, but Ice Age 3 (which is really Ice Age 4) is pretty damn funny for adults and for kids, so I'd take her to that one. The ape pirate is hysterical.

Kiros
09-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Rotten Tomatoes appears to have Madagascar 3 at 77% positive reviews, and Ice Age 3 at 38%. I usually find the RT rating a significantly better indicator on the general "worth my time or not?" than either IMDB or Metacritic, but YMMV. I see a lot of movies but I haven't seen either of those, sorry!

storyteller0910
09-21-2012, 01:47 PM
We didn't see Ice Age 3. We did see Madagascar 3. I generally like kids movies, even kinda dumb ones. Madagascar 3 made me want to find a way to kill myself with a Milk Dud. It was just awful.

Small Hen
09-21-2012, 01:47 PM
I didn't see Ice Age 3, but Madagascar 3 was bad. Really bad. If you found the first two Madagascar movies to be headaches, this one's a migraine. It had a boring plot, like the other two, but what really pissed me off was the movie's complete lack of internal physics. I know cartoons don't have to adhere to real world physics, but M3 couldn't even adhere to a set of physics within its own universe. That seems like a stupid reason to hate a film, but if you see it, I think you'll understand what I'm talking about.

The lemur's love affair with a circus bear was kinda funny, though.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.