PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a little help with today's Schlock Mercenary

Arkcon
09-23-2012, 02:21 AM
I've noticed that people sometimes ask for a bit of help with a webcomic that don't get. Today's Schlock Mercenary is a bit heavy on the military euphemisms: http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-09-23 If you're not following this humorous space opera, you're not going to be able to follow the whole story, but:

I'm too old, too tired, and in far too much of a hurry to play C.Y.A with an "A" that hasn't seen P.T. since Whiskey Tangoed a Foxtrot.

I get Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, puns on that come up very often on this webcomic. I also recognize Charlie Foxtrot puns, (and thanks to this webcomic, now get the Simpson's in NYC Chinese Fire-drill joke.) But the CYA in the PT could mean anything, to me.

Kamino Neko
09-23-2012, 02:31 AM
CYA is 'cover your ass'. PT, I don't know, none of the definitions that come to mind fit the context.

Der Trihs
09-23-2012, 02:59 AM
Physical Training?

Bosstone
09-23-2012, 03:21 AM
Physical Training?Could be Physical Training, and she could be referring to Krum, in which case she's saying "Shut your fat ass up and report."

Arkcon
09-23-2012, 06:41 AM
Ah, cute, "Your ass is so fat, and your screw-up is so big, covering your ass, metaphorically and physically, will each take too long."

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.