PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has a new memoir titled "Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story"

astro
09-23-2012, 04:48 PM
A hefty tome (http://www.amazon.com/Total-Recall-ebook/dp/B006VGGAC4/ref=tmm_kin_title_0) it actually might be worth a look. He has lived quite a life.

THE GREATEST IMMIGRANT SUCCESS STORY OF OUR TIME
His story is unique, and uniquely entertaining, and he tells it brilliantly in these pages.

He was born in a year of famine, in a small Austrian town, the son of an austere police chief. He dreamed of moving to America to become a bodybuilding champion and a movie star.

By the age of twenty-one, he was living in Los Angeles and had been crowned Mr. Universe.

Within five years, he had learned English and become the greatest bodybuilder in the world.

Within ten years, he had earned his college degree and was a millionaire from his business enterprises in real estate, landscaping, and bodybuilding. He was also the winner of a Golden Globe Award for his debut as a dramatic actor in Stay Hungry.

Within twenty years, he was the world’s biggest movie star, the husband of Maria Shriver, and an emerging Republican leader who was part of the Kennedy family.

Thirty-six years after coming to America, the man once known by fellow bodybuilders as the Austrian Oak was elected governor of California, the seventh largest economy in the world.

He led the state through a budget crisis, natural disasters, and political turmoil, working across party lines for a better environment, election reforms, and bipartisan solutions.

With Maria Shriver, he raised four fantastic children. In the wake of a scandal he brought upon himself, he tried to keep his family together.

Until now, he has never told the full story of his life, in his own voice

Larry Mudd
09-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Until now, he has never told the full story of his life, in his own voice.It's true, when I was a kid I read the ghost-written Hercules: My Unbelievably True Life Story, and it was pretty underwhelming.

LC Strawhouse
09-23-2012, 05:00 PM

He did write a book in the 70s called Education of a Bodybuilder. I remember reading it in high school and it wasn't bad. Amusingly, he declared himself to be an atheist in that book and I was expecting that passage to resurface during his Governor's race but it never did.

thelurkinghorror
09-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Am I a bad person if I thought "Total Recall" could be a title for Reagan's memoirs?

LC, to be fair it was for Governor of California. Atheism may be far from the norm, but it's not the Presidential elections. I can't remember religion being brought up for mainstream candidates, except for maybe, umm New Age-ism in "California Über Alles." My former US Rep is openly atheist, although he recently came out, and it's not really an issue (his jackassery is bigger).

GuanoLad
09-23-2012, 08:17 PM
In the wake of a scandal he brought upon himself, he tried to keep his family together. I hope that chapter is entitled Predator.

WordMan
09-23-2012, 09:07 PM

Then how come I hear that being said with an Ah-nuld accent? ;)

Typo Knig
09-24-2012, 11:36 PM
"Scandal he brought upon himself" - if Ahhnold admits at least some of his mistake I'll read his book. Any reviews out yet? I didn't see any reviews on Amazon.

Dewey Finn
09-24-2012, 11:53 PM
The book is scheduled to be released on October 1, so I doubt there will reviews until then. But Arnold will be on 60 Minutes on Sunday to promote it.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.