PDA

View Full Version : Help me id a techno song from the 90's, "monday, sex"

BleizDu
09-25-2012, 05:51 AM
There is that one song I had heard once in the radio in the 90's and I was never able to track it down since then.

I heard it on the French radio channel called FunRadio, during a night with the radio host Max, so probably between 1996/2001.

It's a techno song I would say, very repetitive melody, with the lyrics being, more or less, these:

Monday, sex
Tuesday, sex
Wednesday, sex
Thursday, sex
Friday, sex
Saturday, Sunday, dance, dance, dance, and dance again

Monday, sex again
Tuesday, sex again

--
Through the years I've tried googling parts of the lyrics but to no avail.
I kinda hope someone here may have heard it too.

lost4life
09-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Not exactly a fit, but there's a song called To The Club by Spankox that goes:

Monday night, to the club,
Tuesday night, to the club,
Wednesday night, what a headache, but I went, to the club,
Thursday night, to the club,
Friday night, didn't want to go, then my friend Michelle called me on the phone, so I went to the club
Saturday night, to the club,
Sunday night, to the club.

No mention of sex though...

BleizDu
09-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Haha thanks, with a bit of sex the weekend it would have been a mirror song.

Ferret Herder
09-25-2012, 08:20 PM
If it's any consolation, now I remember hearing it and it's driving me crazy that I can't remember.

It's definitely not Lords' of Acid "Rough Sex" - that was just a list of types of sex, not days of sex.

BleizDu
09-26-2012, 03:31 AM
If it's any consolation, now I remember hearing it and it's driving me crazy that I can't remember.

Oh man I'm just glad someone else remembers that song!

Hampshire
09-26-2012, 11:29 PM
It's not the song you're looking for but you reminded me of LaTour's People Are Still Having Sex.

voltaire
09-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Sounds to me that it's likely a remix that sampled parts of various songs to assemble the lyrics. If the final product was never released as a track on an album, that would explain the difficulty finding it.

voltaire
09-27-2012, 12:16 AM
Does this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC1iAZLW66M) have any elements that ring a bell?

BleizDu
09-27-2012, 04:08 AM
Sounds to me that it's likely a remix that sampled parts of various songs to assemble the lyrics. If the final product was never released as a track on an album, that would explain the difficulty finding it.

That's what I'm fearing. Because lord knows I've been able to track down more esoteric tracks.

I like the track you posted but the music in it has no element that makes me think of that song or something similar.

That's something else: since I only remember the lyrics and the rythme of the lyrics, I can't even try to simulate the music to give more clues.

voltaire
09-27-2012, 04:52 AM
Well, if it's any consolation, there's a French person who shares your plight (http://www.clubxtrem.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=30027&forum=7).

BleizDu
09-27-2012, 06:16 AM
Ha and I found another french guy on usenet who were looking for it too in 2000. Said he heard it in 1998. Helps me narrowing down the time period a bit I guess.

The lyrics were sung by a male voice btw, very deep.

Xspeed
12-15-2014, 04:55 PM
Hey!!

I Think It's this one !!
Hardea - Sex again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW8n26cIDwk

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.