PDA

View Full Version : Most offensive music/band/song you know

drewtwo99
09-26-2012, 05:19 PM
So, the thread in IMHO inspired me to post this thread. There's some unimaginably offensive music out there. I am extremely tame with my musical exposure, never venturing far from adult contemporary, modern pop, classic rock, country, or video game music.

So anyhow, I looked up a couple "Cannibal Corpse" songs, because that band had been mentioned in the thread... and wow, how vile and disgusting! But the lyrics were so over the top and terrible that it was almost funny to me, in a sick/twisted sort of a way.

So, are the songs from Cannibal Corpse the cream of the crop so to speak when it comes to the most offensive lyrics or songs that you can think of?

And, to those of you who might bring up that Justin Beiber or Lady Gaga as the most offensive music you can think of, let's just get it out of the way that I'm not talking about THAT kind of offensive.

Airman Doors, USAF
09-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Sexually offensive: Good Friends and a Bottle of Pills, Pantera

Humorously offensive: A Lap Dance Is So Much Better When The Stripper Is Crying, The Bloodhound Gang

Violently offensive: Cop Killer, Body Count

EmilyG
09-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Anal C*** (not sure if I'm allowed to type the actual word) has really offensive songs (if you can understand or find the lyrics) as well as an offensive name.

Valgard
09-26-2012, 05:41 PM
What about any of the various neo-Nazi bands out there?

tomcar
09-26-2012, 05:52 PM
GG Allin is your man. With songs like "Stick A Cross Up A Nun's C@&$" he went to the limits of poor taste. Read up about him sometime. He was a bad dude :)

MyFootsZZZ
09-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Uncle F***er!

Tim R. Mortiss
09-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Sit On My Face Stevie Nicks by Fester Swollen and the Rotters is pretty crude.

And pretty much anything by the Dead Kennedys.

Student Driver
09-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Anal C*** (not sure if I'm allowed to type the actual word) has really offensive songs (if you can understand or find the lyrics) as well as an offensive name.

First band I thought of when I saw the thread title.

I saw them twice in two days a few years ago, at two different venues. Drunk on arrival for both shows, and drank during their sets. During the first show, they were so angry at low attendance and lack of reaction from the crowd that a couple of the band members left mid-show, stole patio furniture, flower pots, a grill, etc. from a house nearby, then came back inside and threw it at the attendees. The audience thought it was part of the fun (like the back and forth hail of garbage at a GG Allin/Merle Allin and the Murder Junkies show) and threw pieces back at the band, enraging them. They jumped down and started beating people up. The venue owner ended up losing quite a bit of money on that show, buying new furniture and stuff for the neighbor. A few of us stuck around to back up the owner when he refused to pay the band.

The second show at a different co-op venue had virtually no attendance (word spreads fast in the local all-ages scene), with only co-op members and volunteers there, and one of the band members took a swing at the guy who was running the venue that night. Most of the members and volunteers were there because of their behavior the night before -- scene police, essentially -- and we chased them out. The venue was on eggshells with the neighborhood, with regular harassment from local police, but for once we were glad to see the cops in the parking lot... "hey, those guys driving away are really drunk!"

Another pretty offensive band: The Mentors, lead by "El Duce," and their self-described genre was "rape rock." Saw them once, too. GG Allin seemed like a kind of performance artist specializing in offensiveness, but El Duce was just depraved. A continually drunk sexist pig of a man (which may have been an act, but seemed to be genuine), who didn't seem to be joking when he would talk about how he could tell when women wanted to be raped, and so on. An example of some typical Mentors lyrics:

"I know I´m just a bum
Beat your ass just like a drum
Listen bitch, do as I say
Service me or be smacked
I can replace you some day"

I do have to admit that seeing him sing that kind of stuff at a riot-grrl-friendly venue was entertaining. They left the stage with fewer working amps than when they started. :)

El Duce died from getting hit by a train while drunk.

drewtwo99
09-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the anecdote Student Driver, and for all the other info from everyone else so far. I've done a bit of research on what you guys have shared with me and... wow, just wow.

I feel so ignorant. How could I not be aware of all this stuff!!

Mahaloth
09-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Cannibal Corpse is the band that comes to mind.

Entrails Ripped from a Virgin's Cunt is probably the worst offender.

Their album covers are also quite offensive, but nothing compared to the lyrics.

Loach
09-26-2012, 07:45 PM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07-yKnKRMQ) is the most offensive thing I could think of.

John DiFool
09-26-2012, 08:14 PM
So anyhow, I looked up a couple "Cannibal Corpse" songs, because that band had been mentioned in the thread... and wow, how vile and disgusting! But the lyrics were so over the top and terrible that it was almost funny to me, in a sick/twisted sort of a way.

I just went to a lyrics site, and after reading those of the first song of theirs I found ("Addicted to Vaginal Skin"), I immediately started laughing my ass off. I do shudder for those who listen to stuff like that and take it seriously, tho.

thelurkinghorror
09-26-2012, 08:58 PM
I think as long as it's not directed towards anyone, we can cunt it up.

Their music wasn't too great. But their song titles are masterpieces of offense.
"Connor Clapton Committed Suicide Because His Father Sucks"
"Even Though Your Culture Oppresses Women, You Still Suck Towelhead"
"I Got An Office Job For The Sole Purpose Of Sexually Harassing Women"
"Woman, Nature's Punching Bag"
...and so on. It is pretty clear that they are being sarcastic, and love to offend, and so go hyper-sexist, racist, and other -ists.

And pretty much anything by the Dead Kennedys.
Seriously? Again, a very sarcastic band. But I can't think of a song that's very offensive, all way less so than South Park. "I Kill Children" "Kill the Poor" "Police Truck" maybe. But all these songs are in a point of view that the narrator is an asshole, not meant to be taken literally, whereas AC's music pisses people off. Today's political punk bands are so literal it's :rolleyes:, e.g. Anti-Flag's "The W.T.O. Kills Farmers." Get off my lawn!

Imasquare
09-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Kevin Bloody Wilson:

That F***ing Cat's Back (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJRABlQTJA0)
Absolute C*** of a Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jdKmhcttUU)
Do Ya F*** on First Dates? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b65Zf6r-RE)

Shakester
09-27-2012, 02:17 AM
I just went to a lyrics site, and after reading those of the first song of theirs I found ("Addicted to Vaginal Skin"), I immediately started laughing my ass off. I do shudder for those who listen to stuff like that and take it seriously, tho.

Nobody takes AC seriously. All that "offensive" stuff in metal is a joke, it's just (overgrown) teenage boys trying to gross each other out.

Except.... Black Metal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_metal). Some of the bands/fans in that genre didn't get the memo about it all being a joke.

Anyway, in terms of actual offensiveness, I find the all the contrived stuff in the pop charts way more offensive than anything in the metal genre.

JohnClay
09-27-2012, 03:08 AM
From my thread "Personal morality and loving crass death metal"
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=666430

This is a list of a guy's favorite bands:

human mincer - necrovile - internal suffering - panzerchrist - torsof--k ( awesome ) visceral bleeding - skinless - vomitory - hour of penance - vital remains - sleep terror - wthin the ruins - putrefy - prostitute disfigurement ( awesome ) - fleshgod apocalypse - braindrill ( awesome ) sublime cadaveric decomposition - purulent jacuzzi ( awesome ) aeon of horus ( pretty good ) disentomb ( aus ) begrimer ( f--king good as ) degrade - psyopus - dawn of demise - wretched ( good as ) drowning in phemaldehyde ( dude f--king epic XD ) cyaegha - gutteral engorgement - disavowed ( i think u know them ) blood red throne ( good as ) vile - malefice - pavor - carnifex - emeth - arkaik ( awesome ) ulcerate ( havent check ed them yet but all the others i have personally listened to at least one quarter of the song to see if i think ull like it ) - agoraphobic nosebleed ( pretty sweet ) abominable pudritiy ( awesome ) psychotic homicial experiment ( awesome ) moonfog - porfyria ( mad drummer ) caphalotripsy

Maybe he mispelled "cephalotripsy" which means "crushing the head of a fetus in the womb in order to effect delivery".

Sebastienne
09-27-2012, 03:56 AM
For the record, I am tremendous fan of Cannibal Corpse. I really don't find Cannibal Corpse offensive-- deliberately shocking and gross, yes, but no more offensive than, say, Saw 7. Way over the top and clearly intended to be fiction, which the band has confirmed in interviews.

Slayer (another group I love) feels far more potentially "offensive" to me in that they sing about far more serious subjects in a less tongue-in-cheek way. Many of their songs are explicitly anti-religious while others deal explicitly with Nazi atrocities and serial killers-- though not in an explicitly endorsing way, more of a neutral "let's look at some really messed up stuff" way. Arguments could easily be made that those are not appropriate subjects for lurid musical entertainment, and the band does seem to delight in causing outrage.

Yeah, I'm a metalhead and a horror fan. So what music offends me?

Skrewdriver was the first name to come to mind, an explicitly white-power punk band. There's a fair number of neo-nazi bands out there, mostly in the punk genre, though Skrewdriver is probably the most famous. Or maybe Prussian Blue is.

Soopa Villainz, an Insane Clown Posse side project have a song "Slow Your Roll" that explicitly calls for gays to be murdered. I'm honestly not sure if it was intended simply to cause offense ala Anal Cunt or in sincerity, but it's pretty vicious and especially troubling given how many ICP fans essentially adopt the band as an ideology.

I don't find the music of Megadeth or The Foo Fighters offensive, but I'm not comfortable listening to them due to being offended by Dave Mustaine's descent into paranoid right-wing truther insanity and The Foo Fighters distributing AIDS denialist literature to teens at their concerts. Though I admit, it only pains me to no longer be comfortable with Megadeth. (I wish I could tell myself that the Mustaine of today is essentially a different man than the one who wrote Peace Sells..., but that just makes it more heartbreaking than enjoyable.) Both groups have promoted their views during musical performances, which is more troubling to me than an artist whose performances I can enjoy despite disagreeing with their personal views. (Though extreme views such as AIDS denialism, holocaust denialism, or virulent homophobia would still turn me off to them. But I can deal with Corpsegrinder being an ignorant dick at Blizzcon.) (It did temper my crush on him a little, though.)

listedmia
09-27-2012, 08:17 AM
David Allan Coe. Not his whole oeuvre, but check out Nothing Sacredand Underground Album. They're intended to be humorous and over-the-top records and the lyrics are all extremely sexually explicit or racist. GG Allin covered a few of em.

He still performs now, but disappointingly, does not do the really nasty songs.

heathen earthling
09-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Anyone here into Whitehouse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xKdKaAjw-o)? Sutcliffe Jügend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4On0vXTg1Zc)?

RealityChuck
09-27-2012, 09:16 AM
GG Allin is your man. With songs like "Stick A Cross Up A Nun's C@&$" he went to the limits of poor taste. Read up about him sometime. He was a bad dude :)Allin is the winner here. Everyone else is a lame imitation.

The proof: coprophagia on stage. And that's a description, not a song title.

Inner Stickler
09-27-2012, 09:27 AM
For the Ladies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DItLB_aUbA&t=0m10s).

FoieGrasIsEvil
09-27-2012, 09:32 AM
The Foo Fighters distributing AIDS denialist literature to teens at their concerts.

Do they really do this? I've never heard of that. Can you cite this? I like the Foos and Dave Grohl seems eminently likeable. I'd hate for this to be true.

Steophan
09-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Iraqi Black Metal band Seeds Of Iblis have a song called "Sex With Muhammad's Corpse". One has to admire anyone who will literally risk death to be gratuitously offensive.

Dr_Doom
09-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Anyone here into Whitehouse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xKdKaAjw-o)? Sutcliffe Jügend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4On0vXTg1Zc)?

I actually just clicked the Sutcliffe Jugend link and listened to a couple of their "offerings".

I am not better for it.

I think we may have a thread winner.

Inner Stickler
09-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Do they really do this? I've never heard of that. Can you cite this? I like the Foos and Dave Grohl seems eminently likeable. I'd hate for this to be true.In 2000 they did a benefit concert for an AIDS denialist group and at the time at least, Nate Mendel was way into it for some reason. Dunno what their feelings are now.

thelurkinghorror
09-27-2012, 12:38 PM
For the record, I am tremendous fan of Cannibal Corpse. I really don't find Cannibal Corpse offensive-- deliberately shocking and gross, yes, but no more offensive than, say, Saw 7. Way over the top and clearly intended to be fiction, which the band has confirmed in interviews.
No, they're different. Saw is way more retarded.

Slayer (another group I love)
And flirting with faux-Satanism, although not like Norwegian Black Metal. The lead singer is a devout Catholic though.

Skrewdriver was the first name to come to mind, an explicitly white-power punk band. There's a fair number of neo-nazi bands out there, mostly in the punk genre, though Skrewdriver is probably the most famous. Or maybe Prussian Blue is.
Skrewdriver started as a normal punk band. Proof in the name? Then Ian was the only member and he took it into a goosestepping direction. Prussian Blue has supposedly repudiated their views, and if so, glad they didn't take it into a lifetime of hate. They do have to live with the names "Lynx Vaughn" and "Lamb Lennon" though (both girls).

thelurkinghorror
09-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Do they really do this? I've never heard of that. Can you cite this? I like the Foos and Dave Grohl seems eminently likeable. I'd hate for this to be true.

News to me too, but :eek: Wikipedia says: "It was formerly the case that the group would spread a message of HIV denialism at concerts, and promoted the late Christine Maggiore's denialist group Alive & Well AIDS Alternatives, which encourages pregnant women not to take HIV medication on their web site. As of February 2012, the band's website no longer contains a link to the group."
With a link to an academic article: http://www.plosmedicine.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pmed.0040256

A new one: Hanzel und Gretyl purport to be a German Industrial band but are from New York. Their titles are more offensive than lyrics, with songs like "Third Reich from the Sun" and "SS Deathstar Supergalaktik."

Half Man Half Wit
09-27-2012, 02:22 PM
There's Good Ship Venus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_ship_venus), aka Friggin' in the Riggin' a famously dirty song, performed by several interpreters, among them the Sex Pistols and Anthrax, but I favor the version by singer-songwriter Loudon Wainwright III (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHEX9EpIL7o).

heathen earthling
09-27-2012, 02:38 PM
A new one: Hanzel und Gretyl purport to be a German Industrial band but are from New York. Their titles are more offensive than lyrics, with songs like "Third Reich from the Sun" and "SS Deathstar Supergalaktik."

I saw them about a month ago (I was a fan of the opening band), and I agree there is something off about them. Not because I think they're Nazi sympathizers, but the way they're an American band whose entire theme is a stereotypical portrayal of another culture. As I said at the show, if they were pretending to be a stereotypical band from anywhere else like China or Mexico, people wouldn't put up with them. But they're only picking on Germany, so it's ok?

Annie-Xmas
09-27-2012, 03:16 PM
GG Allin is your man. With songs like "Stick A Cross Up A Nun's C@&$" he went to the limits of poor taste. Read up about him sometime. He was a bad dude :)

Allin is the winner here. Everyone else is a lame imitation.

The proof: coprophagia on stage. And that's a description, not a song title.

I came in here to mention Allin. After reading about him in the book Rock Bottom by Pamela Des Barres, I was positively nauseated.

thelurkinghorror
09-27-2012, 06:03 PM
I saw them about a month ago (I was a fan of the opening band), and I agree there is something off about them. Not because I think they're Nazi sympathizers, but the way they're an American band whose entire theme is a stereotypical portrayal of another culture. As I said at the show, if they were pretending to be a stereotypical band from anywhere else like China or Mexico, people wouldn't put up with them. But they're only picking on Germany, so it's ok?

Who opened?

If they played in Germany, they might get away with certain things (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_section_86a).

Tangent
09-27-2012, 06:19 PM
South Park - The Most Offensive Song Ever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YTJMSiaG10) (lyrics are posted under the video if you can't understand Kenny)

GreasyJack
09-27-2012, 06:28 PM
David Allan Coe. Not his whole oeuvre, but check out Nothing Sacredand Underground Album. They're intended to be humorous and over-the-top records and the lyrics are all extremely sexually explicit or racist. GG Allin covered a few of em.

He still performs now, but disappointingly, does not do the really nasty songs.

I saw him a few years back and, um, my recollection of the show is a little hazy but I think he did a few off his "X-Rated Hits" album. His stage banter was definitely very misogynistic and occasionally a little racist though. I was glad to have experienced it, but equally glad a friend of mine who worked in the venue let me in the back door so he didn't get any of my money.

Yet if you just look at his career writing songs for other people, most of them are downright wholesome!

Valgard
09-27-2012, 06:46 PM
In the category of "Unintentionally incredibly offensive" I generally put Celine Dion's cover of AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long" at the top but judge for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULmC8JTTVy0

An Arky
09-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Most anything by Grinded Nig; Freezer Full of N$@&?% Heads, etc. just lovely stuff.

drewtwo99
09-27-2012, 11:28 PM
I can *kind of* go along with the idea that Cannibal Corpse isn't all that bad compared to some of these others, because their songs don't seem to be espousing hateful, bigoted ideas or points of view. I have major troubles with people who honestly think that their lyrics are nothing worse than those of horror movies though. I'm a big horror movie fan in general, and the lyrics I read from just a few of their songs were way, way, way worse than any of the horror movies I've seen or enjoyed.

Bands that are all about just hate and spreading lies and bigotry are awful though. Did GG Allin do that kind of stuff too? Honestly, if a band (like Anal Cunt) is just trying to be over the top and offensive as possible, then that's really not all that offensive in comparison to other bands who are actually sincere in their lyrics about wanting to kill gays or women or whatever.

buddha_david
09-28-2012, 12:09 AM
For sheer audacity, my vote would have to go to certain Christian metal bands.

I used to be friends with a guy who was into all kinds of heavy metal, but especially Christian metal, as that was his faith. (We used to have long conversations about how someone who is supposedly Christian could listen to bands like Slayer and Mercyful Fate, but usually agreed that the fantasy element makes it no worse than enjoying Stephen King movies. But I digress.) One time he sent me a CD by a Christian metal band called Ultimatum, a generic clone of 80's Bay Area Metal (not that there's anything wrong with that!) What really disgusted me, however, was the lyric sheet, which included a section that basically said, "YES! I'd Like to Give My Life to Christ!" It was literally taken straight out of a Jack Chick tract. Sorry, but I don't listen to music that insists on challenging my religion, thanks but no thanks! I mean, seriously, do Gorgoroth CD's include a checklist for how to worship Satan? I don't think so.

As for Cannibal Corpse, etc., those kinds of bands are hard to take seriously.

In 2000 [Foo Fighters] did a benefit concert for an AIDS denialist group and at the time at least, Nate Mendel was way into it for some reason. Dunno what their feelings are now.
I'd still like to hear more about this. Were they denying that AIDS actually exists, or were they claiming that doctors & drug companies are profiting from AIDS patients by deliberately preventing research that could lead to a cure? Because one could plausibly make an argument for the latter (not that I'd support such a position, mind you) while the first is just plain stupid.

DWMarch
09-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Soopa Villainz, an Insane Clown Posse side project have a song "Slow Your Roll" that explicitly calls for gays to be murdered. I'm honestly not sure if it was intended simply to cause offense ala Anal Cunt or in sincerity, but it's pretty vicious and especially troubling given how many ICP fans essentially adopt the band as an ideology.

There was supposed to be a Soopa Heroez group as well but some drama happened behind the scenes and a couple of the Villainz left the label (Lavel, Esham and ABK, IIRC). So Soopa Heroez never came along. However, if they did I'm certain there would have been a character who countered Violent J's Mr. Diamond. Alternately it probably would have been revealed that Mr. Diamond's hate came from being in the closet. In any case, the anti-gay sentiment in SV is not typical of ICP. The Eminem diss tracks had gay slurs in them but were responses to Eminem's similar disses.

FWIW, Psychopathic Rydas goes in the opposite direction of SV. The intro to one song has a Ryda about to kill somebody and offering this and that horrible way for the victim to die. The victim pleads for an alternative and is offered "the eleven" accompanied by a zipper sound...

Jaledin
09-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Anything by *Nashville Pussy* -- in all of their incarnations. Also, my favorite rock and roll band since years. Those bitches are some nasty!

Steken
09-28-2012, 04:10 AM

I came into this thread precisely to mention Sutcliffe Jügend.

I listened to them a lot as a teenager (late 90's, the When Pornography Is No Longer Enough/The Victim As Beauty-era), but I just can't stand it anymore. It really is too much.

Iraqi Black Metal band Seeds Of Iblis have a song called "Sex With Muhammad's Corpse". One has to admire anyone who will literally risk death to be gratuitously offensive.

They, and that whole gang of supposed "Iraqi black metal bands", are probably fake, i.e. not actually Iraqi.

jordanr2
09-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Anyone here into Whitehouse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xKdKaAjw-o)? Sutcliffe Jügend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4On0vXTg1Zc)?This, and various other power electronics acts (Genocide Organ, Grey Wolves, and so on). Some is genuinely compelling (Whitehouse in particular, and William Bennett seems to have mellowed out over the years) but just listening to it makes me uncomfortable (when your music makes Throbbing Gristle sound like classic rock, you know you're in some murky and sinister territory!). For the most part I get the sense that it's a bunch of confrontational performance, but a pretty darn convincing one.

Slade
09-29-2012, 04:58 AM
I always remember John Peel hesitating to play an obscure indie band he'd discovered because they called themselves Kick The Pregnant. I think cheeky humour was intended here rather than outright offence, but even so...

jackdavinci
09-29-2012, 05:13 AM
There's a few Sublime songs, especially the one about his passion for an underage across the border prostitute.

Moe
09-29-2012, 07:47 AM
Berlin-based band Eatus Fetus:

I Like to Bleed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2flCvQ5Wyuo&feature=relmfu)

Grenades Tied to Babies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVQhhkYpOcw)

Gatopescado
09-29-2012, 03:44 PM
I actually just clicked the Sutcliffe Jugend link and listened to a couple of their "offerings".

I am not better for it.

So did I. What the hell was that? :confused:

rsat3acr
09-29-2012, 07:45 PM
I find NWA an offensive name. I grew up when you din't use the word nigger, I know times have changed but If they can call themselves nigger, why am I not allowed to call them niggers? Retorical, I know why.

I find gospel music offensive.

voltaire
09-30-2012, 12:15 AM
In the category of "Unintentionally incredibly offensive" I generally put Celine Dion's cover of AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long" at the top but judge for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULmC8JTTVy0
I can't stand Celine Dion, but clicked it thinking "how bad can it be?" O M G! I skipped to the middle, listened to about ten seconds, and I was amazed to think, "Holy shit, it is offensive!" I would resort to violence in order to avoid having to sit through that whole wretched cover song.

I'd still like to hear more about this. Were they denying that AIDS actually exists, or were they claiming that doctors & drug companies are profiting from AIDS patients by deliberately preventing research that could lead to a cure? Because one could plausibly make an argument for the latter (not that I'd support such a position, mind you) while the first is just plain stupid.

As a FF fan, I was also surprised to hear this, and I've been to a few of their concerts... news to me. So I did a little reading up. Yep, they basically agree(d) with a group that thinks HIV doesn't cause AIDS - they think long term drug abuse and anti-HIV drugs themselves cause AIDS.

Here's an article in Mother Jones:
Foo Fighters, HIV Deniers (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2000/02/foo-fighters-hiv-deniers)

As a fan of their music, that's disappointing, but I still don't find it offensive, really. Irresponsible? Idiotic? Dumber than a box of rockstars? Yes, yes, and yes. Offensive? Meh, not so much. There are plenty of bands whose music I enjoy, but who I otherwise consider idiots - I guess FF just got added to that list.

Steken
09-30-2012, 12:16 AM
I find gospel music offensive.

The ninth of October, 2012.

rsat3acr
09-30-2012, 10:14 AM
The ninth of October, 2012.

sorry, I don't understand.

Hogfather65
11-08-2012, 06:35 AM
Kevin Bloody Wilson:

That F***ing Cat's Back (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJRABlQTJA0)
Absolute C*** of a Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jdKmhcttUU)
Do Ya F*** on First Dates? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b65Zf6r-RE)

:D:D:D

Bridget Burke
11-08-2012, 07:52 AM
All this makes me nostalgic for the days of The Village Fugs Sing Ballads of Contemporary Protest, Point of Views, and General Dissatisfaction, later reissued as The Fugs First Album (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fugs_First_Album).

The band's name was derived from that 4-letter word that nobody ever said in those days. And the tunes included "Boobs A Lot." Those fond of musical skill might be offended that the Holy Modal Rounders supplied the instrumental backup--since those Beat/Proto-Hippie Poets couldn't really play any instruments at that point. (Those who add "neither could the Rounders" are being too picky.)

Ah, it was a simpler time....

Walker in Eternity
11-08-2012, 09:59 AM

Agreed, I did the same as I am not familiar with the "music" of Cannibal Corpse. The lyrics are scarily offensive. I wonder if they are meant to be ironic? Hopefully no one will take them seriously.

Steophan
11-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Agreed, I did the same as I am not familiar with the "music" of Cannibal Corpse. The lyrics are scarily offensive. I wonder if they are meant to be ironic? Hopefully no one will take them seriously.

Not ironic, exactly, in my opinion, but certainly deliberately disgusting for both humourous and provocative effect.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.