PDA

View Full Version : What televisions shows are you still watching at this point in the 2012/13 season?

all1966
02-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Skald's earlier thread inquiring "What television series have you given up on recently?" made me curious to learn what shows, at this point in the 2012-2013 season, are people still watching and actually enjoying?

Our dvr is busy capturing White Collar, Elementary, Justified, Castle and Cougar Town, shows which still have our interest and by which we are entertained. We've discovered Raising Hope on Netflix, so are catching up with that one, but man, there is a DIRTH of good programming, IMHO.

So, what do you look forward to watching on a weekly(ish) basis?

(Drat. Can a mod fix my title pretty please? I'm missing a "1")

AncientHumanoid
02-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Person Of Interest

nice mix of intrigue, characters, and touch of humor.

Looking forward to PSYCH! coming back on.

Procrustus
02-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Modern Family is about it. My wife is still watching Dowton Abby, and when I'm around I'll watch it too.

GuanoLad
02-14-2013, 07:10 PM
I watch The Mentalist, Castle, Elementary, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, Arrow, Community, White Collar, and New Girl. I also am looking forward to Psych returning.

Jophiel
02-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Archer.

But then Archer and Mad Men are the only two shows I make a point of catching on a per-week basis.

Ephemera
02-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Walking Dead and Parks and Recreation. Community too, I guess.

RikWriter
02-15-2013, 06:29 AM
Elementary, NCIS, Castle, Vegas, Justified, Supernatural.

Zeldar
02-15-2013, 07:30 AM
Counting the ones in hiatus (or between seasons):

The Good Wife
The Mentalist
Dexter
Homeland
Boardwalk Empire
Bones
Vegas
Justified
Survivor
Nashville
Blue Bloods

BigDadWolf
02-15-2013, 07:46 AM
I watch Archer and Modern Family weekly. The Walking Dead and Parks and Recreation I watch off the DVR when I can find the time so I am usually an episode or two behind on those two.

Andiethewestie
02-15-2013, 08:28 AM
The ones I watch are pretty much on hiatus, except for Downton Abbey and Girls
But I love Homeland, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, and Mad Men
Then I watch HGTV

Zeldar
02-15-2013, 08:33 AM
The ones I watch are pretty much on hiatus, except for Downton Abbey and Girls
But I love Homeland, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, and Mad Men
Then I watch HGTV

Thanks for helping me remember

Downton Abbey
Mad Men
Breaking Bad

and I should acknowledge Big Brother in the summer.

LawMonkey
02-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Currently in season, I'm watching Archer, Lost Girl, and The Americans.

twickster
02-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Nashville, Elementary, Downton Abbey. I'll start watching Grimm as soon as they bring it back. Smash just started, but I expect to watch the full season of that.

gytalf2000
02-15-2013, 11:12 AM
I watch every episode of Walking Dead, The Middle, Modern Family, and the Big Bang Theory. I will occasionally watch the Neighbors and Suburgatory. I wish that they had not cancelled "Don't Trust the B- in Apartment 23" -- I enjoyed that show quite a bit!

chrisk
02-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Let's see:
I make sure to watch:
Heartland
How I Met your Mother
Castle
Suburgatory
Mordern Family
The Big Bang Theory
Community
Two and a Half Men (Yeah, I know..)

I'm a few episodes behind on 'Revenge' at this point.

catnoe
02-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Justified
The Walking Dead
The Americans
Raising Hope
New Girl
Castle
Elementary
Person of Interest
Lost Girl
Supernatural
Amazing Race
The Mentalist
The Following

Waiting for the return of...

Doctor Who
Haven
Warehouse 13
Grimm

On Demand

White Collar
NCIS

And Game of Thrones from Netflix

(I think I remembered everything.)

And several shows on BBCAmerica... The Hour, Sherlock Holmes, Luther...

TBG
02-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Not going to list everything I still watch but as for new shows this season, I've found Matthew Perry's new sitcom Go On to be surprisingly not horrible. After the dreck that was Mr. Sunshine, I didn't hold out much hope and almost didn't even bother, but I'm glad I did. Of course, it's on NBC and I watch it, so it's probably a goner.

Typo Negative
02-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Justified
Castle
The Americans
Elementary
Person of Interest
Archer
The Walking Dead

Becky2844
02-16-2013, 01:01 AM
The Middle
Raising Hope
The Big Bang Theory

I'm looking forward to the History channel's new series about vikings starting in March. (Can't remember if it's 3/3 or 3/13.)

Fugazi
02-16-2013, 01:04 AM
Person of Interest
The Big Bang Theory
The Mentalist
Arrow
Being Human
Castle
Once Upon a Time
Lost Girl

I'm also looking forward to Psych coming back soon.

Weaver of Nightmares
02-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Elementary.

Waiting for Dr Who to continue.

The Following just started over here, and I've been watching that.

Weaver of Nightmares
02-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Oh, and Ripper Street.

dalej42
02-16-2013, 01:51 PM
New shows? Just The New Normal.

James Otto Sweet Heart
02-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Blue Bloods
I started watching this show like three episodes into the current season and now I can't get enough of it! :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I am also still watching The Last Man Standing and Malibu Country. :) :) :)

corkboard
02-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Still watching The Following, but only because my wife wants to find out what happens. Neither of us like it much, and I'd be done with it if I had control of the remote.

Nashville is cheesy but entertaining.

Smash is even cheesier but we like to watch and mock it.

The Americans is OK, good but not great.

Modern Family

The Office is still on the DVR season pass; stuck with it this long, might as well watch the demise.

Still catching up on Breaking Bad on Netflix, trying to get through past seasons before the new one starts. I think we have three more from season 4 and the 8 eps in season 5 to go.

Waiting for Mad Men to start.

DrDeth
02-21-2013, 01:54 PM
Vegas*, Once Upon a Time, Go On*, NCIS*, Ripper Street*, Downton Abbey*, Survivor.

* = means On Demand.

Infovore
02-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Elementary
CSI (Las Vegas version)

As a newly-minted fan, I'm anxiously awaiting new Doctor Who!

RealityChuck
02-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Castle
Burden of Proof (though I'm losing interest as it goes from House wannabe to 24 wannabe)
CSI
Community
Scandal
Grimm
Once Upon a Time (also starting to lose patience with it).

Of these, only Scandal and Grimm are continuing to increase my interest (though last week's Castle was far better than it looked like it would be).

Pai325
02-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Community, Elementary, Person of Interest, Good Wife, the Middle, Blue Bloods and NCIS are the ones I don't miss. There are others that, if I remember, I will turn on and watch, but if I forget it doesn't bother me.

LawMonkey
02-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Currently in season, I'm watching Archer, Lost Girl, and The Americans.

Oh, also Ripper Street.

LawMonkey
02-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Oh, and Ripper Street.

*fistbump*

deltasigma
02-22-2013, 02:02 AM
The ones I really look forward to as opposed to watching because I feel like I need to keep up are: Revenge, Elementary, Supernatural and Person of Interest has gradually been moving into this category.

James Otto Sweet Heart
02-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Blue Bloods
Did you see last week's episode of this show? That doctor that Danny had to go and see what absolutely no help to him. The guy never once gave any suggestions about how to deal with stress. :( :( :(

Holly

P.S. Danny was right when he says that he never takes his work issues out on his family. I haven't been watching the show that long, but yeah that is one thing that I have never seen him do so far. :) :) :)

Skammer
02-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Shows new this season, I'm still watching Nashville and Dallas[/i]. The other shows I'm sticking with are [b]Amazing Race, and while they last The Office and Parks and Recreation. That's really about itb

standingwave
02-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Most are on hiatus right now, but my must-watch list is: Archer, Big Bang Theory, Doctor Who, Breaking Bad, South Park, Louie and Doctor Who.

Talk shows (depends on how late I stay up and if the guests look interesting: Daily Show, Colbert Report, David Letterman, Craig Ferguson and Bill Maher.

Pai325
02-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Did you see last week's episode of this show? That doctor that Danny had to go and see what absolutely no help to him. The guy never once gave any suggestions about how to deal with stress. :( :( :(

Holly

P.S. Danny was right when he says that he never takes his work issues out on his family. I haven't been watching the show that long, but yeah that is one thing that I have never seen him do so far. :) :) :)

It seems as if Danny runs the NYPD by himself. Even though I never thought of it as realistic, it's getting to the point of fantasy.

Chefguy
02-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Too much, I'm afraid:

Justified
Southland (and very surprised that no others are watching this excellent series)
The Americans
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Downton
Walking Dead
Portlandia
Daily Show
Colbert
Hardball (occasionally; I call the show Mr. Shouty-Pants and can only take infrequent doses; same with Maddow)
Treme, if it returns this year, and possibly Nurse Jackie, if it returns

Network TV has become an irradiated wasteland, IMO. I watch nothing other than the news.

elfkin477
02-22-2013, 05:54 PM
I love TV and Hulu Plus helps me see a lot more shows than I otherwise would...

Revenge
Castle
Hart of Dixie
CSI
Lost Girl
Pretty Little Liars
Bones
Scandal
Arrow
Nashville
The Mindy Project
Vampire Diaries
Grey's Anatomy --> by this point it's inertia
Once Upon a Time --> ditto
Supernatural ---> getting to the same point

Looking forward to the returns of:
Haven
Grimm
True Blood
Game of Thrones
Warehouse 13

all1966
03-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Clearly, I got distracted and forgot about my query to the Boards - fun to see what folks are still sticking with ~ not sure we'll stay with Psych, and REALLY looking forward to Grimm's return, I think this Friday. Glad I stuck with Once Upon a Time, as the storyline is a LOT more interesting currently than it had been. Bones had been on the chopping block, but I'm still in, in the hopes this is the final season. Also looking foward to the return of Royal Pains, Warehouse 13 and Haven. Good thing the dreary soggy runs for so long in Seattle - all the more excuse to stay in and catch up on shows :)

Thanks for all the great responses!

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.