PDA

View Full Version : Balkan Metal parody video

bunyupp
01-20-2014, 11:36 AM
This is a funny version of a Britney Spears' song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMy0KPz8Vvo)by the Balkan Metal (although I think of it as Death Metal Polka) band "Trollfest".

What is this style of video called? I think of it as Troll Dancing, but YouTube usually lists it as Midget Dancing. Is there a proper name for this? And, how is it done?

Thanks.

thelurkinghorror
01-20-2014, 12:47 PM
:confused: I might be missing something, but isn't Norway pretty far from the ex-Yugoslavias?

Anyway, they aren't the only troll band, there's Finntroll. I don't know what that effect is called but I've seen it before. There's that kids game where two people pretend to be one; one is the head and feet (hands in shoes) and the other reaches though the first's arm holes to form the arms. Well, hands.

bunyupp
01-20-2014, 01:25 PM
I was wondering about the Balkan Metal tag, too. But that's how they describe their music in an interview!?

thelurkinghorror
01-20-2014, 01:40 PM
If Eugene Hütz can call his Gypsy punk (no more than 1/4 and I don't think the rest of the band is very gypsy), or guys named Schmidt can be in Irish rock bands, I don't see why not.

Odesio
01-21-2014, 05:44 AM
That was astoundingly bad. Jesus.

pulykamell
01-21-2014, 10:53 AM
I was wondering about the Balkan Metal tag, too. But that's how they describe their music in an interview!?

I listened to some of their songs, and I can see the "Balkan" description fitting. There's definitely Balkanesque influences in their sound and melody lines.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.