PDA

View Full Version : The Newsroom Final Season Starts Tomorrow 7/13/2014

Lamar Mundane
07-12-2014, 09:57 PM
I know that many of you are required by the chip on your shoulder to hate everything Aaron Sorkin, but nonetheless will watch every episode to find things to hate and tell us all about them.

I believe that a TV season with an Aaron Sorkin show on is always better than one without, so I am excited about it. I am trying to think of exciting things that have happened in the news in the last 12 to 15 months that they will use to build their stories around, but am having trouble coming up with ones. It seems like the last year has been dominated by silly politics which is boring TV.

The Malaysian Air story probably happened after filming ended.

Edward Snowden?

Boston Marathon Bombing?

George Zimmerman?

Whaddya think?

Bryan Ekers
07-12-2014, 10:05 PM
Last season already? But there's so much talking-while-walking yet to do!

Tangent
07-12-2014, 11:17 PM
:confused:

You're off by at least a couple of months. HBO hasn't announced an official start date for season 3 yet, just "Fall 2014."

link: http://www.hbo.com/the-newsroom#/

Lamar Mundane
07-13-2014, 12:09 AM
Hmmm.

I saw it advertised as a July start on HBO a month or so ago, and Wikipedia says the premier is tomorrow, but I checked my local listings and it isn't there. I wonder if it got delayed by something.

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+newsroom&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS506US506&oq=the+newsroom&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0l4j69i61.3728j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8#q=the+newsroom+the+newsroom+season+3+episode+1&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAGOovnz8BQMDgxkHsxCXfq6-QXpFUZ55jhKYXZltWZVnriWVnWylX1IGRPEFRfnpRYm5VqkFmcX5KanFDsuaQ-NvzW987yBldu7chFOzNtfxAAD-GizhUwAAAA

Dewey Finn
07-13-2014, 10:29 AM
They're almost certainly going to air it on Sunday nights. Right now they're running the last season of True Blood and the first season of The Leftovers. So perhaps after True Blood ends? The last True Blood episode is scheduled for August 24, so my guess is that they'll run The Newsroom starting in September.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.