PDA

View Full Version : One Big Happy (Elisha Cuthbert sitcom)

foolsguinea
03-18-2015, 03:11 PM
So, I watched the first episode, which I take to be the pilot, more or less, of One Big Happy on NBC.

It was all right. Elisha Cuthbert plays a very Elisha Cuthbert character, I would say. Or at least it reminds me of her role on Happy Endings. This one's less of a space cadet, more uptight and more a responsible adult, but there's a sort of cheerful asexuality of characterization again. At least in the pilot.

Nick Zano (who was also on Happy Endings, as it happens) plays her roommate/platonic life partner, who is kind of spacy. Kelly Brook plays his new wife. Hijinks ensue.

It remains to be seen how it all goes. Only 6 episodes were ordered to start. I laughed a lot at the pilot, but it is after all a pilot, and shows can go downhill from there.

Smapti
03-18-2015, 03:29 PM
I refuse to watch unless at least one episode revolves around her being lost in the woods and stalked by mountain lions.

Uosdwis R. Dewoh
03-18-2015, 05:01 PM
She'll never live that down, will she?

Hershele Ostropoler
03-18-2015, 05:16 PM
So not a TV version of the newspaper comic, then.

foolsguinea
03-26-2015, 11:58 PM
Apparently not.

Two episodes in, and...it doesn't suck. I like how they're playing the uptight not!Ellen character against her very physical new roommate.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.