PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I've found TWC's answer to HBO Now..

Grrr!
03-27-2015, 03:46 PM
Just got an offer in the mail from TWC.

For $19 more a month, I can get streaming TV (I assume just the local channels) in real time, plus HBO Go. (Both of these services are done via the internet service I have now. So no need for a cable box.)

I can't believe I'm actually saying this about TWC, but this actually sounds like a good deal considering I was going to pay $15 a month for HBO alone. Bonus points for not having to buy an Apple product!

Grrr!
03-27-2015, 05:16 PM
Never mind! I guess I need to start reading for comprehension. Apparently you DO have to get a cable box.

I should have known better when I thought TWC was actually doing something good! :smack:

gaffa
03-28-2015, 09:49 PM
Seriously, did you think Time-Warner was going to do something non-evil?

typoink
03-30-2015, 01:02 PM
Never mind! I guess I need to start reading for comprehension. Apparently you DO have to get a cable box.

I should have known better when I thought TWC was actually doing something good! :smack:

Sounds like it's basically the same thing as Comcast's "Internet Plus" package offered in some locations. It's mid-tier Internet, (very) basic Cable, and HBO/HBO Go for about $20 more than Internet alone.

Dewey Finn
03-30-2015, 02:28 PM
I believe that for the cable companies, the broadband services are actually more profitable than the cable television services. So they may be more willing to offer streaming services, even though that might encourage cable cutting.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.