DrDeth
08-15-2016, 01:22 PM
козляра is the original. Any idea of what this means, SDMBers?:confused:

Czarcasm
08-15-2016, 01:31 PM
What was the context?

Cornelius Tuggerson
08-15-2016, 01:36 PM
If the speaker is Russian, its probably an insult. Roughly means "large goat". However if the speaker is Ukrainian or Polish it could be something entirely different, but I can't really speak to that.

DrDeth
08-15-2016, 01:56 PM
What was the context?

a one word message to me in a game.

Little Nemo
08-15-2016, 03:44 PM
The best I came up with was this page (http://superdem.ru/2360-kozlyara-on-i-v-oon-kozlyara-churbanokozlyachkaya-federatsiya.html). But a translation doesn't make the meaning any clearer.

Johanna
08-15-2016, 05:56 PM
It must be slang of recent origin, on the order of a political insult.
Kozyol basically means billy goat.
Kozlyata (a diminutive form?) means kids and kozlyatki is the affectionate diminutive of same, "kiddies." That's as far as the wise clerks of Oxenford know.

This page (http://superdem.ru/2360-kozlyara-on-i-v-oon-kozlyara-churbanokozlyachkaya-federatsiya.html) has someone hinting at the meaning in one of the comments: translation of the relevant passage came out:
A for the future, to you the creature jerked on the bunk, in the chambers of one of Kiev jail, you know what it is kozlyara. Well if you read the Code of Criminal Procedure has started, you look and you will know soon what and shkonka, And on "concepts" wanker not zapadlop

The anthropoid Baphomet picture Little Nemo linked to said something indistinct about the United Nations. Further I got nothin.

Last Glacial Maximum
08-16-2016, 03:54 PM
My Bulgarian friend said it is an unusual usage...
In this particular context, he thinks it probably means "dumb like a goat herder".

Which btw, he said is better than being called a dumb goat.

Derleth
08-16-2016, 06:44 PM
My Bulgarian friend said it is an unusual usage...
In this particular context, he thinks it probably means "dumb like a goat herder".

Which btw, he said is better than being called a dumb goat.

.Maybe later he'll move up the ranks, to be "Strong, like bull! Smart, like tractor!"

DrDeth
08-16-2016, 08:23 PM
Ok, there is a insult in russian, "starry perdune' which means "old fart" but is much ruder. Can anyone give that to me in cyllric?

aktep
08-16-2016, 08:26 PM
старый пердун

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.