PDA

View Full Version : Lucifer, Season Three

gytalf2000
10-02-2017, 01:07 PM
"Lucifer" starts its third season tonight, Monday, October 2, 2017, with the "They're Back, Aren't They?" episode!

control-z
10-02-2017, 02:04 PM
Great, this has been one of my favorite shows.

gytalf2000
10-03-2017, 07:59 AM
I was hoping to see Lucifer flying with his rejuvenated wings, but I guess that won't be happening. He doesn't seem too fond of them.
I'm going to miss his "devil-face", as well.

What Exit?
10-03-2017, 08:09 AM
I was hoping to see Lucifer flying with his rejuvenated wings, but I guess that won't be happening. He doesn't seem too fond of them.
I'm going to miss his "devil-face", as well.
I don't think the Devil Face is gone. It failed when he was trying to show it to Chloe. She seems to be a power dampener for him. It will probably turn out he still can do his devil face when she is not near or at least not the target.

I enjoy this show very much, another good start to the the season.

yellowjacketcoder
10-03-2017, 08:24 AM
I was quite frustrated he cut off the wings before trying to show Chloe his devil face.

The wings will explain it all you doofus, just show her those!

That said, I am liking this season so far. The family drama with 'Mom' got old fast. I hope Sinnerman turns out to be a competent and complex villain.

Also, Amenadiel has been a sad sack for a while, he needs some wins so he stops moping.

gytalf2000
10-03-2017, 08:26 AM
I don't think the Devil Face is gone. It failed when he was trying to show it to Chloe. She seems to be a power dampener for him. It will probably turn out he still can do his devil face when she is not near or at least not the target.

I enjoy this show very much, another good start to the the season.

Yeah, you're probably correct about the devil-face.

It was a great start. I can't wait to see what happening with Maze and Trixie.

control-z
10-04-2017, 01:33 PM
I was quite frustrated he cut off the wings before trying to show Chloe his devil face.

The wings will explain it all you doofus, just show her those!

That said, I am liking this season so far. The family drama with 'Mom' got old fast. I hope Sinnerman turns out to be a competent and complex villain.

Agreed with all. And even if he can't get his wings erect (hehe) with Chloe around, he could take a video, get the doctor to back him up, or any number of things. There have to be some tricks he could do to convince her.

I didn't really like mom that much at all, glad she has her own universe to screw up now.

So far Sinnerman sounds like a mob boss, but hopefully he is much more than that.

gytalf2000
10-04-2017, 02:07 PM
Agreed with all. And even if he can't get his wings erect (hehe) with Chloe around, he could take a video, get the doctor to back him up, or any number of things. There have to be some tricks he could do to convince her.

I didn't really like mom that much at all, glad she has her own universe to screw up now.

So far Sinnerman sounds like a mob boss, but hopefully he is much more than that.

I actually enjoyed the mom story, but I'm glad that it has been resolved. And I am hoping the Sinnerman is actually a metaphysical threat.

Declan
10-04-2017, 04:20 PM
I actually enjoyed the mom story, but I'm glad that it has been resolved. And I am hoping the Sinnerman is actually a metaphysical threat.

I think Sinner man is lucifer, he gets bopped over the head and ends up in the desert, by what we know now, as a company that specializes in extreme pranks. All the dude knew was that he was contacted over the phone by someone called sinner man.

Which would mean that he is able to regenerate his wings, and not require devine intervention. Amenidiel looked like he wanted to make a guess at who this sinner man was, before taking the safe route and saying, nope, never heard of him.

Infovore
10-05-2017, 01:06 PM
So happy Lucifer is finally back! This has become my favorite show (tied with Doctor Who, but I've got a long wait for that!)

Loved the episode, though I wish he'd just finish his reveal to Chloe, already! I did like her "Are you gassy?" comment, though. :)

So far I don't like the new boss. He started out as a dick, and hasn't improved much. Should be good for some conflict, though, and that's always good.

If Lucifer keeps cutting off his wings and they keep growing back, he's gonna have to find a place to stash all the "leftovers"...

yellowjacketcoder
10-05-2017, 01:42 PM
If Lucifer keeps cutting off his wings and they keep growing back, he's gonna have to find a place to stash all the "leftovers"...

He can just open a Buffalo Wing restaurant. "These wings are hotter than hell!" would be the tagline.

gytalf2000
10-05-2017, 01:58 PM
So happy Lucifer is finally back! This has become my favorite show (tied with Doctor Who, but I've got a long wait for that!)

Loved the episode, though I wish he'd just finish his reveal to Chloe, already! I did like her "Are you gassy?" comment, though. :)

So far I don't like the new boss. He started out as a dick, and hasn't improved much. Should be good for some conflict, though, and that's always good.

Yeah, I'm hoping that the new boss is going to more than just a jerk. But I'm fairly confident that the writers will add some more wrinkles to his character.

The "gassy" comment was priceless!

Skara_Brae
10-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I'm hoping that the new boss is going to more than just a jerk. But I'm fairly confident that the writers will add some more wrinkles to his character.

The "gassy" comment was priceless!

Everything I've read about him says he's a new love interest for Chloe. :rolleyes:

I'm betting he'll either die tragically or turn out to be Sinnerman.

D_Odds
10-05-2017, 06:47 PM
I'm betting he'll either die tragically or turn out to be Sinnerman.Mrs D_Odds and I both pinged him as Sinnerman.

dropzone
10-05-2017, 08:09 PM
I love this show. My pals at church are overly fond of glurgy tales of personal redemption, but they are more "God is not Dead" sorts. Dear Lord, take me before I watch that shit! I like them as friends, but I prefer those atories without the glurge. The others are simplistic and stupid. This isn't. I would like to say, "C'mon, some of your neighbors think you worship Lucifer!" This results in neighborly discussion like, "No, we follow the teachings of Martin Luther, whom we don't worship. You've mistaken us for Catholics, who worship Mary." (Shut up. I was basically raised a Marianist. Still have a bit of it, and that's not far from wrong. Her worship goes back millennia before that cheap-ass Sumerian storm god. ;) )

gytalf2000
10-06-2017, 08:05 AM
I love this show. My pals at church are overly fond of glurgy tales of personal redemption, but they are more "God is not Dead" sorts. Dear Lord, take me before I watch that shit! I like them as friends, but I prefer those atories without the glurge. The others are simplistic and stupid. This isn't. I would like to say, "C'mon, some of your neighbors think you worship Lucifer!" This results in neighborly discussion like, "No, we follow the teachings of Martin Luther, whom we don't worship. You've mistaken us for Catholics, who worship Mary." (Shut up. I was basically raised a Marianist. Still have a bit of it, and that's not far from wrong. Her worship goes back millennia before that cheap-ass Sumerian storm god. ;) )

I know of one "church lady" (an acquaintance of an acquaintance) who is a member of a very conservative church, who said something like -- "I know that I am not supposed to be watching this show, but I started watching because I had a big crush on Tom Ellis. And now I'm hooked!" :)

gytalf2000
10-06-2017, 08:30 AM
Mrs D_Odds and I both pinged him as Sinnerman.

Yeah, that may be it!

Tapiotar
10-06-2017, 09:12 AM
I hope that's not it, because it's a bit too obvious. Than again, if he isn't, and there is an actual Sinnerman character, there become way too many characters in the show.

Also, I hope they cut back a bit on forensic chic -- she's better in very small doses -- and give Amenadiel his balls -- excuse me, I mean his wings -- back.

Tapiotar
10-06-2017, 09:15 AM
I think Sinner man is lucifer, he gets bopped over the head and ends up in the desert, by what we know now, as a company that specializes in extreme pranks. All the dude knew was that he was contacted over the phone by someone called sinner man.

Which would mean that he is able to regenerate his wings, and not require devine intervention. Amenidiel looked like he wanted to make a guess at who this sinner man was, before taking the safe route and saying, nope, never heard of him.

This is a fun theory. I can see Lucifer going through a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde phase with his good and bad sides, as long as it doesn't go on too long. It would be a great story arc for Dr. Linda, spotting it and treating it.

gytalf2000
10-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Just a reminder -- the second episode of the third season, "The One With A Baby Carrot", airs tonight (Monday, October 9, 2017)!

Infovore
10-09-2017, 11:48 PM
Just a reminder -- the second episode of the third season, "The One With A Baby Carrot", airs tonight (Monday, October 9, 2017)!

I have to admit, I was wondering how they were going to explain that title. That wasn't what I expected!

Tapiotar
10-17-2017, 09:21 AM
Maze seems to be growing a soul. Or, that was how I interpreted last night's episode.
Lucifer, after seeing Maze fluff the pillow, saying "He broke my Maze" both sadly and bewildered.
At the end, treating her as if she were recovering from a bad case of flu or other illness.

gytalf2000
10-17-2017, 09:28 AM
Great episode last night! Loved watching Maze in action. I was a bit perplexed that her "mark" seemed to give her a bit of trouble in their fight. She should have no trouble fending off or apprehending a regular fellow. Unless she is getting weaker as she becomes more "human"...

control-z
10-17-2017, 09:50 AM
Good episode indeed, a definite change of pace. The guy at the end with the file cabinet of information was interesting. Sinnerman?

Tapiotar
10-17-2017, 09:54 AM
Great episode last night! Loved watching Maze in action. I was a bit perplexed that her "mark" seemed to give her a bit of trouble in their fight. She should have no trouble fending off or apprehending a regular fellow. Unless she is getting weaker as she becomes more "human"...

I wondered about that. Especially since he was able to escape handcuffs so easily, and withstood her blows and fought as well as if he were another supernatural being. He also seems to have a supernatural amount of charm. Who or what is he? Will he appear again?

Infovore
10-17-2017, 10:15 AM
Good episode! It was nice to see Trixie again, even if just briefly. I like the chemistry between her and Maze.

It was kind of fun playing "spot how many ways they put things in front of Maze's belly to hide her pregnancy." :) I wonder if they chose to set the episode in the Frozen North so they'd have an excuse to have her wear more clothes so it was easier to hide the bump.

gytalf2000
10-17-2017, 11:21 AM
Good episode! It was nice to see Trixie again, even if just briefly. I like the chemistry between her and Maze.

It was kind of fun playing "spot how many ways they put things in front of Maze's belly to hide her pregnancy." :) I wonder if they chose to set the episode in the Frozen North so they'd have an excuse to have her wear more clothes so it was easier to hide the bump.

Oh, yeah! As always, the Trixie scene was cute and delightful.

Declan
10-17-2017, 03:42 PM
I loved the episode and figured that it was one of the stand alones that was held back from last season. That new LT never put in an appearance, but the dude with the file cabinet at the end, after Maze gets told that they know everything, suggests that this may have been the warm up episode for the sinnerman arc, now its a bit out of order.

I figured originally that Lucifer was sinnerman, but now I am starting to wonder if sinnerman is not a single person, but a group. Sort of like those whack jobs on Preacher.

Loved Chloe's I'm not worried about Maze, I'm worried about Canada.

gytalf2000
10-17-2017, 04:06 PM
Loved Chloe's I'm not worried about Maze, I'm worried about Canada.

Yeah, that was great!

GuanoLad
10-17-2017, 06:36 PM
I loved the episode and figured that it was one of the stand alones that was held back from last season.Lesley-Ann Brandt was pregnant at the time, so I guess they did this to have Maze in the start of this season even though she's on Maternity leave. A weird way to do it, but not impossible. Trixie may age in a random order if they trickle them out, though.

Inner Stickler
10-17-2017, 10:15 PM
If anyone else is curious, the files were:
Lucifer Morningstar
Amenadiel/Dr. Canaan
Mazikeen of the Lilim
Charlotte Richards
Gaudium

Apparently lilim is straight out of Jewish mythology as a tem for offspring of Lilith so I'm guessing whoever Sinnerman is, he's not just a mundane crime boss.

DPRK
10-17-2017, 10:36 PM
Mazikeen are themselves straight out of Jewish mythology, but I am not familiar as to whether they are also Lilin or not.

control-z
10-18-2017, 10:26 AM
Gaudium

Didn't remember that name, this is what one website said:

We havenít seen him on the show yet, but the cigar-smoking cherub was a key character in the Lucifer comics. Does this mean he will be making the leap to live-action too?

Tapiotar
10-18-2017, 05:13 PM
But maybe not in the the form of a cherub. They may keep the cigar-smoking, however.

I love this show. Even though the mythology is silly. Is it bad of me that I love it for all the really good-looking men? Tom Ellis, DB Woodside...sigh....the others aren't so bad, either, just seem like nothing compared to the first two.

Okay, as to my own gender, I like Maze's total lack of inhibition and bad-assery, and I like Dr. Linda's smarts. Even though, in general, I don't like children, Trixie is terrific. Chloe is the woman who is lacking something dynamic. The problem of playing a straight arrow, I guess. Over the top characters are always more fun.

dropzone
10-18-2017, 07:57 PM
My pastor actually baptized a child "Lilith." I was appalled.

simster
10-18-2017, 08:11 PM
My pastor actually baptized a child "Lilith." I was appalled.

wha?

DPRK
10-18-2017, 08:21 PM
Well, it's not a bad Hebrew name. Does one demon spoil it for everybody ?

ETA now "Shedah" or "Mazikeen" would be messed-up names...

dropzone
10-18-2017, 08:40 PM
wha?Look her up. She wasn't Frazier's ex for no reason.

simster
10-18-2017, 09:46 PM
Look her up. She wasn't Frazier's ex for no reason.

This would really derail the thread to take it further -

control-z
10-24-2017, 10:30 AM
Wow, that was a good episode last night. Sort of uneven, but lots of interesting stuff happened. I kinda like the Lieutenant even though he seemed needlessly nice to Lucifer and mean to Chloe. Now I think he either he likes Chloe or is the Sinnerman. Or both.

I have a wild theory about the Sinnerman. Sinnerman is apparently another name for the Antichrist. I think the Antichrist is supposed to be the son of the devil, which would make him Lucifer's son. Is is possible Lucifer has a son he doesn't know about? What sort of contraception does an angel need to use?

And I think Lopez (the coroner) is the hottest lady on the show. So cute.

RealityChuck
10-24-2017, 10:59 AM
I'm a bit disappointed they're planning to bring back Mom next week. The dead should stay dead.

gytalf2000
10-24-2017, 11:10 AM
Wow, that was a good episode last night. Sort of uneven, but lots of interesting stuff happened. I kinda like the Lieutenant even though he seemed needlessly nice to Lucifer and mean to Chloe. Now I think he either he likes Chloe or is the Sinnerman. Or both.

I have a wild theory about the Sinnerman. Sinnerman is apparently another name for the Antichrist. I think the Antichrist is supposed to be the son of the devil, which would make him Lucifer's son. Is is possible Lucifer has a son he doesn't know about? What sort of contraception does an angel need to use?

And I think Lopez (the coroner) is the hottest lady on the show. So cute.

I think Maze is "hotter", but Ella is definitely the cutest adult on the show, for sure! (Can't really compete with Trixie, though...)

Infovore
10-24-2017, 11:27 AM
I'm a bit disappointed they're planning to bring back Mom next week. The dead should stay dead.

I wonder if that's actually Mom. I doubt the "real" Mom would kiss Lucifer like that. I'm thinking it's the woman whose body she stole.

I enjoyed last night's episode, but the scenes with Amenadiel trying to be Lucifer were a bit cringe-worthy. I can't believe somebody who used to be that cool would be that clueless and awkward when trying to pick up women. Sure, he might not have much experience, but still...

gytalf2000
10-24-2017, 11:52 AM
I wonder if that's actually Mom. I doubt the "real" Mom would kiss Lucifer like that. I'm thinking it's the woman whose body she stole.

I enjoyed last night's episode, but the scenes with Amenadiel trying to be Lucifer were a bit cringe-worthy. I can't believe somebody who used to be that cool would be that clueless and awkward when trying to pick up women. Sure, he might not have much experience, but still...

I'm thinking that it is actually the high-falutin' lawyer, and not his actual mother, as well. I will be disappointed if it is actually "Mom" -- as much as I enjoy watching Tricia Helfer in that role, they had come up with a really good resolution to her story-arc, and such an early "resurrection" would not be a good thing for the show.

And I agree with you about Amenadiel's awkward scenes. Not good for the character at all!

control-z
10-24-2017, 12:30 PM
Amenadiel definitely deserved the lecture Lucifer gave him. He was a badass in the first few episodes, but is mostly a whiny loser now.

Didn't mom get banished to her own dimension? Being an immortal goddess it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think she found a way to cross back. I try to avoid previews because they are so deceptive, so I can't judge the kiss.

Ok I guess Maze is the hottest but not the cutest, Ella is cute + hot.

By the way I love the story possibilities that all Lucifer's favors bring up. He must have dozens of people in his debt now.

gytalf2000
10-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Ella is cute + hot.

Yeah, that's as good a description as any!

Declan
10-24-2017, 04:52 PM

The lieutenant had the best line of the episode

That L and T in front of my name means I dont have to explain myself.

What Exit?
10-24-2017, 05:18 PM
The lieutenant had the best line of the episode

That L and T in front of my name means I dont have to explain myself.
Pretty big airs though for a mere Lt. and why would he be the one to pick the Rep and not the Capt?

Tapiotar
10-24-2017, 06:37 PM
As much as I've enjoyed the show from the start, I'm starting to get tired of Lucifer's selfish, spoiled brat shtick. Ellis is a good actor, he was able to show that Lucifer was actually suffering even as he behaved so very very badly. Amenadiel spoke truth to Lucifer, Lucifer recognized some of the truth but couldn't man up to it, and lashed out like a vicious teenager, speaking about his own need for constant attention as much as Amenadiel's. He makes a little progress, matures a bit, and then throws it all away.

Why can't near immortal beings with dozens or hundreds of years of existence behind them learn anything? It makes me think of Buddhist teachings that demigods and gods have a harder time achieving enlightenment than humans in the human realm.

D_Odds
10-24-2017, 07:14 PM
Pretty big airs though for a mere Lt. and why would he be the one to pick the Rep and not the Capt?
I'm not sure, but aren't police ranks more linear than military (and not as uniform department to department)? LT might be higher in the pecking order than it is in a military unit.

What Exit?
10-24-2017, 08:18 PM
I'm not sure, but aren't police ranks more linear than military (and not as uniform department to department)? LT might be higher in the pecking order than it is in a military unit.
I think that is true but there would still be a police captain or even 2 over him directly and several other Lts.

It looks like LA (http://www.lapdonline.org/inside_the_lapd/content_basic_view/1063) actually has 2 (http://www.lapdonline.org/hollywood_community_police_station)to 3 Capt in (http://www.lapdonline.org/pacific_community_police_station) most stations.

However none of this matters, a minor issue on a show with the Devil and other Angels. I'm not sure why I brought it up.

gytalf2000
11-06-2017, 12:59 PM
Just a reminder :

Lucifer, Season Three, Episode Six (November 6, 2017) -- "Vegas With Some Radish" will air tonight!

gytalf2000
11-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Well, that was a great episode! Ella was quite enticing (I can't remember the word that Lucifer used to describe her) in her Vegas outfit. Loved seeing Candy again! And Chloe and Dr. Linda were great in their "drunk in Lucifer's penthouse" scene. I did find it odd that Chloe wouldn't want to spend her birthday with Trixie, though...

What Exit?
11-07-2017, 09:04 AM
Well, that was a great episode! Ella was quite enticing (I can't remember the word that Lucifer used to describe her) in her Vegas outfit. Loved seeing Candy again! And Chloe and Dr. Linda were great in their "drunk in Lucifer's penthouse" scene. I did find it odd that Chloe wouldn't want to spend her birthday with Trixie, though...
He said she was "Ravishing", thus the jokes about radishes. But yes, Ella was awesone. I can't believe Aimee Garcia is 38. She looks like she is in her mid to late 20s at most. She's always cute and now we know she can also do high kicks too.

This episode was very funny and I enjoyed it immensly and it appears that Maze is back next week.

Infovore
11-07-2017, 09:14 AM

Great episode! I do wonder, though--do Chloe and/or Linda have keys or the code to the penthouse? It does seem like just about anybody can waltz in whenever they want to (Mom did it last season too).

gytalf2000
11-07-2017, 09:21 AM
He said she was "Ravishing", thus the jokes about radishes. But yes, Ella was awesone. I can't believe Aimee Garcia is 38. She looks like she is in her mid to late 20s at most. She's always cute and now we know she can also do high kicks too.

This episode was very funny and I enjoyed it immensly and it appears that Maze is back next week.

Aimee does look quite a bit younger than 38, for sure! And I am looking forward to seeing Maze again...

gytalf2000
11-07-2017, 10:27 AM
It just occurred to me that both Candy and Ella have seen Lucifer's casual dismissal of seemingly-fatal bullet-wounds. Do they know now that he is "the real deal"? I wonder....

What Exit?
11-07-2017, 10:34 AM
It just occurred to me that both Candy and Ella have seen Lucifer's casual dismissal of seemingly-fatal bullet-wounds. Do they know now that he is "the real deal"? I wonder....
I think Candy might know, I think Ella was not there to witness the bullets not hitting.

Tapiotar
11-07-2017, 01:13 PM
People who have seen it tend to forget it. First season, Dan saw Lucifer rise up from the dead, and there were other instances when he saw Lucifer do something supernatural. He seems to have completely forgotten that now.

D_Odds
11-07-2017, 02:58 PM
I think Candy might know, I think Ella was not there to witness the bullets not hitting.
I'm pretty sure you are right.

And while I've found Aimee Garcia to be quite comely since her first appearance, I thought it a little odd in this episode that she appeared a little older when she was dressed up than when she is in her normal clothes. Now I know why. There were lots of close-ups in this episode that I guess I hadn't been paying close enough attention to in earlier episodes.

Still, I wished I had looked the male version of half that good at 38...or even 28.

gytalf2000
11-07-2017, 03:21 PM
It would be nice if someone other than Dr. Linda knew about Lucifer's true nature. At this point, they all should realize that he is not an ordinary human. He's displayed superhuman strength on a number of occasions, right in front of Chloe.

Tapiotar
11-08-2017, 07:34 AM
It's like there's something that prevent humans from recognizing divinity, even when it's right in front of them. They all seem to forget what they've witnessed, except for Linda, who saw the devil face, and was tortured by a goddess. The characters who have seen his devil face, or who have been to hell, do tend to remember.

gytalf2000
11-08-2017, 08:12 AM
It's like there's something that prevent humans from recognizing divinity, even when it's right in front of them. They all seem to forget what they've witnessed, except for Linda, who saw the devil face, and was tortured by a goddess. The characters who have seen his devil face, or who have been to hell, do tend to remember.

Good point!

control-z
11-09-2017, 12:09 AM
Great episode. I guess Lucifer still hasn't connected the dots and realized he is only physically vulnerable when Chloe is around? I thought he was going to put himself in danger at the Vegas club and Chloe would show up for extra drama. I liked the ending they did much better.

D_Odds
11-09-2017, 08:24 AM
Great episode. I guess Lucifer still hasn't connected the dots and realized he is only physically vulnerable when Chloe is around? I thought he was going to put himself in danger at the Vegas club and Chloe would show up for extra drama. I liked the ending they did much better.

Lucifer knows. They even used it as a plot device last season.

Folacin
11-09-2017, 09:36 AM

I don't think that 'something' needs to be anything other than a standard human ability to rationalize things - if you see something supernatural, your first thought isn't 'supernatural', it's I must have misunderstood.

The bartender shoots at Lucifer and he doesn't flicnch/bleed? Must have missed. Lucifer threw that guy through a window? I guess he works out.

Dr Linda, on the other hand, has not only been told he is the devil, she has been shown it. Hard to rationalize the devil face away (and it explains some of the other things she has experienced better than her rationalizations (like her attraction to Lucifer in the first place)).

Tapiotar
11-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Agreed, that's why I said "It's like". The human ability to rationalize away data that doesn't fit preconceptions is amazing. But I do think they are taking it just a tad bit too far in this show. Lucifer has shown himself to be extraordinary too many time for them to keep ingrowing it.

I hope Amenadiel comes back soon, and starts getting his personal power back soon. Not necessarily angelic, but just some inner strength needs to return.

gytalf2000
11-20-2017, 11:34 AM
Hey, there will be a new episode tonight : Lucifer, Season Three, Episode Eight (November 20, 2017) -- "Chloe Does Lucifer" !

control-z
11-20-2017, 12:30 PM
Looking forward to it! I now have a Hulu trial in case my antenna isn't up to task.

What Exit?
11-20-2017, 12:32 PM
Anyone know how many episodes we get this season? Is it 13 or 20+?

Infovore
11-20-2017, 01:00 PM
Anyone know how many episodes we get this season? Is it 13 or 20+?

22, from what I heard. They might break them up, though, and have a hiatus around the end of the year. Not sure about that.

Infovore
11-20-2017, 01:01 PM
Hey, there will be a new episode tonight : Lucifer, Season Three, Episode Eight (November 20, 2017) -- "Chloe Does Lucifer" !

Taking bets right now that this won't mean anything like what it sounds like. Any takers? :)

gytalf2000
11-20-2017, 01:11 PM
Taking bets right now that this won't mean anything like what it sounds like. Any takers? :)

Oh, I'm sure that is just a play on words, myself.

DPRK
11-21-2017, 10:49 AM
TV Lucifer keeps dropping hints about how he was acquainted with writers like Shakespeare, Wilde, et al., but hasn't he only been out of Hell for a couple of decades, tops? Presumably it was just short trips to Earth before?

gytalf2000
11-21-2017, 11:03 AM
TV Lucifer keeps dropping hints about how he was acquainted with writers like Shakespeare, Wilde, et al., but hasn't he only been out of Hell for a couple of decades, tops? Presumably it was just short trips to Earth before?

That's what I'm thinking!

RealityChuck
11-21-2017, 11:05 AM
Well, if the show crosses over with The Good Place, then he met them in The Bad Place. :)

AK84
11-21-2017, 11:41 AM

Amenadial (sp?) was still in heaven when the series started. He was able to visit whenever. Presumably, Lucifer was able to do so as well. I suspect the problem is his abandoning of duty, rather than being on Earth as such.

I liked the genius bonus Oscar Wilde titbit. He was straight before he met me. Wilde actually did have several liaisons with women, until he married when he started focusing on men exclusively. (Its though that sticking to men was him rationalising it as not being adultery).

Infovore
11-21-2017, 11:44 AM
This episode had its cute moments, but it wasn't one of my favorites. Too many places where I had to stretch my disbelief.

Example: I'm sorry, but no human being with eyes or ears, male or female, is ever going to call Lucifer "boring" and refuse him entry into an exclusive dating party. Aside from the looks, the fashion sense, the charm, the money, and the accent, he's the freakin' owner of Lux!

Also, everybody kept going on about how devastatingly attractive what's-his-name was. Uh...really? I know attractiveness is relative, but you'd think they'd have picked a more conventionally attractive guy to play that part. I wasn't buying it.

Third, I know Chloe is a cop and a tomboy, but she's proved on other occasions that she knows how to act in cocktail-party situations. There's no way she'd have been as awkward as she was at that party, even with Lucifer "coaching" her. That whole scene was painful to watch.

The scene with Lucifer, Chloe, and Trixie playing Monopoly was cute, though I honestly can't see Luci being talked into playing a dull board game even by those two.

Yeah, I know, I'm overthinking it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXIRt0uG3D0). But I'm ready to get back to the Sinnerman storyline next week.

gytalf2000
11-21-2017, 12:24 PM
I rather enjoyed the Monopoly scene with Trixie and Chloe. Super-cute!

Tapiotar
11-21-2017, 08:12 PM
I liked the Monopoly scene, and I liked the way that it tied up at the end, with the shoe on Lucifer's piano, and the girl of the night in the top hat. It seemed he was less than enthusiastic about her. I agree that Chloe at the cocktail party was poorly written and cringe-worthy. I'm also getting tired of people referring to Dan as handsome. I find him very unattractive and meh. Glad to see Amenadiel back, with confidence and perspective.

But i liked last week's episode better, the one with Linda's ex-husband. That was some good writing.

Infovore
11-21-2017, 08:17 PM
I'm also getting tired of people referring to Dan as handsome. I find him very unattractive and meh.

Same here, especially when compared to Lucifer. I know good-looking is relative (and Dan does have some killer abs!) but...yeah. No contest.

gytalf2000
11-22-2017, 07:31 AM
But i liked last week's episode better, the one with Linda's ex-husband. That was some good writing.

I was busy with other matters, and have not yet finished that episode. Need to watch it over the long weekend!

GuanoLad
11-22-2017, 07:47 AM
I adore Linda, Rachael Harris just makes me laugh. I want to see her integrated more, and I think that will start to happen this season.

gytalf2000
11-22-2017, 09:08 AM
I adore Linda, Rachael Harris just makes me laugh. I want to see her integrated more, and I think that will start to happen this season.

she is a great comedic actress.

gytalf2000
12-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Here is a reminder about tonight's episode :

Lucifer, Season Three, Episode Nine (December 4, 2017) -- "The Sinnerman "

Infovore
12-04-2017, 11:15 PM
Here is a reminder about tonight's episode :

Lucifer, Season Three, Episode Nine (December 4, 2017) -- "The Sinnerman "

Nice to see them get back to the main story.

I don't think that's really the Sinnerman, though. They caught him far too easily. I wonder who he's working for.

N9IWP
12-05-2017, 05:36 AM
I thought he grabbed the weapon to escape, I did not see him gouging out his eyes :eek:

So the blind are immune to Lucifer's power?

Brian

gytalf2000
12-05-2017, 08:40 AM
I thought he grabbed the weapon to escape, I did not see him gouging out his eyes :eek:

Brian

Yeah, the "blind' thing doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Also, I have a feeling that if Lucifer was angry and determined enough, he could have removed himself from that vault with brute force. As long as Chloe wasn't around, that is.....

Folacin
12-05-2017, 08:53 AM

Brian

Eyes are the window to the soul, and all that.

And of course, he's not just blind - he actually doesn't have eyeballs anymore. That could figure into it also.

control-z
12-06-2017, 12:54 PM
I don't think it's the Sinnerman either. And Lucifer probably could have gotten out of the vault. Seems like the door would have been the weakest part from what was shown. When Maze found Lucifer in there I was really afraid she was going to close the door behind her and we would wind up with the old trope of 2 characters locked in a room to hash their differences out. But no, I am almost always pleased with the writing on Lucifer.

I'm liking Tricia Helfer more now that she isn't the bumbling crazy mother of Lucifer. Still don't see a lot of point in her character though.

What Exit?
12-06-2017, 12:58 PM

I'm liking Tricia Helfer more now that she isn't the bumbling crazy mother of Lucifer. Still don't see a lot of point in her character though.
The character is better, but she adds nothing to the show and shouldn't be a main character, but used occasionally. The producer must really like her or something.

gytalf2000
12-06-2017, 01:08 PM
The character is better, but she adds nothing to the show and shouldn't be a main character, but used occasionally. The producer must really like her or something.

Well, if that's true, ya can't blame him. She's gorgeous, and a good actress, to boot. The only problem is that the others are convinced that she was Lucifer's stepmom. I don't know how the writers are going to handle that. Or maybe they won't; it might be best if they just never addressed the issue again. I dunno.....

What Exit?
12-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Well, if that's true, ya can't blame him. She's gorgeous, and a good actress, to boot. The only problem is that the others are convinced that she was Lucifer's stepmom. I don't know how the writers are going to handle that. Or maybe they won't; it might be best if they just never addressed the issue again. I dunno.....
She's gorgeous? OK, I mean there are 3, maybe 4 actress in the main cast better looking than her but OK. She is a good actress though. So it's not too bad.

gytalf2000
12-06-2017, 02:57 PM
She's gorgeous? OK, I mean there are 3, maybe 4 actress in the main cast better looking than her but OK. She is a good actress though. So it's not too bad.

Well, let's face it -- how often do you see unattractive women in starring roles on TV? Of course they are all at least reasonably attractive! I think that Maze is the hottest female character on the show, by the way...

What Exit?
12-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Well, let's face it -- how often do you see unattractive women in starring roles on TV? Of course they are all at least reasonably attractive! I think that Maze is the hottest female character on the show, by the way...
I agree with the first part, it is a TV show so none of the regulars on the show are unattractive.

I understand the second part, Maze is written and played as hot and she is hot looking. Myself, I like the cute one, Ella.

Tapiotar
12-06-2017, 06:05 PM
I think we are leading up to Lucifer discovering that he has a lot more powers other than discovering desires, as set up by Dr. Linda thinking that discovering desire is a pretty feeble angelic power, compared to stopping time or seeing the future. Lucifer has something else he has never discovered, because he has been fixated on desire and on punishment. Finding out what it is or they are could be interesting.

Maze has gone from superbadass to being very emotionally vulnerable...don't know what I think of that. Lucifer can be insightful when he is forced to be, as he made Maze ask herself the right questions. I also don't see the point of Tricia Helfer's character, and I don't have the hormonal bias in her favor. Dislike Pierce, who also seems pointless, unless he turns out to be the Sinnerman. Which, given the scapegoat's reaction to him ("Do what you have to do") makes it seem more likely.

Tapiotar
12-06-2017, 06:08 PM
I agree with the first part, it is a TV show so none of the regulars on the show are unattractive.

I understand the second part, Maze is written and played as hot and she is hot looking. Myself, I like the cute one, Ella.

I like that the men are hormone-stirring, too. Tom Ellis, D.B. Woodside is overall good, but his eyes are magnificent. The others are not bad. So much better than shows with ugly men married to beautiful women.

gytalf2000
12-11-2017, 04:43 PM
Hey, get ready for tonight's episode : Lucifer, Season Three, Episode Ten (December 11, 2017) -- "The Sin Bin" !

Sunny Daze
12-11-2017, 06:56 PM
I didn't think he was the Sinnerman until he gouged his eyes out. For some reason that was freaky-deaky enough that it convinced me.

I'm thinking that the Sinnerman doesn't have anything to do with Lucifer's wings coming back or other changes to his powers. Those things are happening for other reasons, possibly "Dad" is pleased with Lucifer's personal growth? Sinnerman is just taking advantage of Lucifer's uncertainty to claim the credit.

N9IWP
12-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Shocking almost no matter me, Pierce is the Sinnerman. Though making him Kane/Cain was not what I expected, and is there a connection with the wings / Devil face?

Brian

gytalf2000
12-12-2017, 07:58 AM
Shocking almost no matter me, Pierce is the Sinnerman. Though making him Kane/Cain was not what I expected, and is there a connection with the wings / Devil face?

Brian

The revelation as "Cain" was certainly a surprise to me. It will be interesting to see how this scenario plays out.

N9IWP
12-12-2017, 08:41 AM

Brian

Wow, auto-correct fail. shoould be "Shocking almost no one" or something like that.

Brian

control-z
12-12-2017, 11:43 AM
This episode was bugging me for the first 25 minutes or so, like the fact that Chloe would, I assume very illegally, kidnap a prisoner. The whole scheme was ridiculous. And Sinnerman toying with them with the drowning woman was a well-worn trope. But when the Pierce was in on the kidnapping things became a lot more interesting. And the ending with Lucifer stabbing Pierce really surprised me. This is the sort of TV show that I love.

Infovore
12-12-2017, 11:55 AM
This episode was bugging me for the first 25 minutes or so, like the fact that Chloe would, I assume very illegally, kidnap a prisoner. The whole scheme was ridiculous. And Sinnerman toying with them with the drowning woman was a well-worn trope. But when the Pierce was in on the kidnapping things became a lot more interesting. And the ending with Lucifer stabbing Pierce really surprised me. This is the sort of TV show that I love.

Yeah, I had a lot of trouble with the first part of the show too. Everyone was acting wildly out of character (don't even get me started) and it was frustrating me a lot. Also, if the woman kidnapped herself, how the hell did she tie herself up to cinderblocks and toss herself into the water like that? It didn't make sense.

I normally like Ella, but she was driving me crazy last night. Annoying as hell. I hope they tone her down a bit going forward.

Trixie and Mom were fun.

Apropos of nothing, I don't see where all the women on the show are going gaga over Pierce and how "handsome" he is. I think he's funny-looking, and I can't imagine how anybody would look twice at either him or Dan when Lucifer is around. But I realize that's just me and my tastes. :)

RealityChuck
12-12-2017, 12:46 PM
The revelation as "Cain" was certainly a surprise to me. It will be interesting to see how this scenario plays out.

Discovering he was Cain redeemed the twist I saw about four episodes ago. It was blazingly obvious that he was behind all the Sinnerman drama.

Darren Garrison
12-12-2017, 12:58 PM
So are we supposed to believe that Lucifer never met Cain once in the past few thousand years?

D_Odds
12-12-2017, 07:58 PM
Discovering he was Cain redeemed the twist I saw about four episodes ago. It was blazingly obvious that he was behind all the Sinnerman drama.Agreed. The real surprise would have been if Pierce wasn't the Sinnerman, but making him Cain was a good twist to make up for it.

So are we supposed to believe that Lucifer never met Cain once in the past few thousand years?Why would he? If Cain was doomed to walk the Earth, and Lucifer Morningstar was, until recently, holding court in Hell, there would have been no reason for them to meet, though maybe he should have recognized the Mark of Cain sooner.

gytalf2000
12-13-2017, 08:18 AM
Apropos of nothing, I don't see where all the women on the show are going gaga over Pierce and how "handsome" he is. I think he's funny-looking, and I can't imagine how anybody would look twice at either him or Dan when Lucifer is around. But I realize that's just me and my tastes. :)

I gotta confess, I don't get it, either. But I ain't a woman!

Darren Garrison
12-13-2017, 08:51 AM
Why would he? If Cain was doomed to walk the Earth, and Lucifer Morningstar was, until recently, holding court in Hell, there would have been no reason for them to meet, though maybe he should have recognized the Mark of Cain sooner.

But Lucifer has met various historical figures while they were still alive (mentions on the show include IIRC turning Oscar Wilde and having an autographed copy of Hamlet) so this isn't his first trip upstairs.

simster
12-13-2017, 11:17 AM
But Lucifer has met various historical figures while they were still alive (mentions on the show include IIRC turning Oscar Wilde and having an autographed copy of Hamlet) so this isn't his first trip upstairs.

But there are a lot of people (now) and no specific reason for him to go looking for Cain - he's already being punished.

D_Odds
12-13-2017, 11:44 AM
But there are a lot of people (now) and no specific reason for him to go looking for Cain - he's already being punished.

There have always been lots of people. But yeah, no reason to go searching for Cain just to have a beer.

Tapiotar
12-13-2017, 12:30 PM

Not just you and your tastes. Dan is about as bland as a man can be, and Pierce just has big biceps and a big chest. So what? His face is not interesting, and he doesn't seem to have any personality, either. You might be annoyed by Lucifer's self-centeredness, and adolescent attitudes, but his looks and personal presence make every other man fade into nothing.
Except for Amenadiel. D. B. Woodside's eyes are amazing, and his smile is stunning. But still, Tom Ellis, every time.

simster
12-13-2017, 12:46 PM
There have always been lots of people. But yeah, no reason to go searching for Cain just to have a beer.

Well, at the time Cain was 'most famous' - there were only 4 -strike that - 3 - people.

AK84
12-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Everyone forgets Seth.

Also, there is a big difference in knowing about Cain and thinking the guy he just met **is** Cain. And he guesses PDQ when he needs to.

Cain obviously found out about Lucifer and recognised/identified him. So they would be acquainted.

simster
12-13-2017, 12:54 PM
Everyone forgets Seth.

Who?

DPRK
12-13-2017, 12:55 PM
Well, at the time Cain was 'most famous' - there were only 4 -strike that - 3 - people.

Eh, if you go by the Book of Genesis Cain was already married at or soon after the time he got exiled, so apparently there were a bunch of people around who were not characters in the narrative.

AK84
12-13-2017, 01:16 PM
But why the whole charade? Can’t he just show up one day and state to Lucifer, “ ..’Sup. I’m Cain. Here’s the mark”. Not like Lucifer will disbelieve him.

Sunny Daze
12-13-2017, 01:51 PM
Someone was directing the Sinnerman who gouged his eyes out, but I'm not convinced it was Cain, no matter what Lucifer concluded. Sinnerman's whole game was to get Lucifer to kill him, thus breaking Dad's number 1 rule. We can conclude that this would lead to Very Bad Things. Cain showed up and shot Sinnerman, preventing the killing.

D_Odds
12-13-2017, 02:25 PM
Cain obviously found out about Lucifer and recognised/identified him. So they would be acquainted.
Well, he does crave the limelight and go by his given name, so I'm sure Lucifer Morningstar has shown up in more than a few gossip rags over time. It's not like he hides whom he is.

gytalf2000
12-13-2017, 03:24 PM
Not just you and your tastes. Dan is about as bland as a man can be, and Pierce just has big biceps and a big chest. So what? His face is not interesting, and he doesn't seem to have any personality, either. You might be annoyed by Lucifer's self-centeredness, and adolescent attitudes, but his looks and personal presence make every other man fade into nothing.
Except for Amenadiel. D. B. Woodside's eyes are amazing, and his smile is stunning. But still, Tom Ellis, every time.

I'm wondering -- am I the only one who would like to see Lucifer sans "stubbly beard"? That look -- all dressed up, but unshaven -- just seems "off" to me.

simster
12-13-2017, 03:41 PM
Someone was directing the Sinnerman who gouged his eyes out, but I'm not convinced it was Cain, no matter what Lucifer concluded. Sinnerman's whole game was to get Lucifer to kill him, thus breaking Dad's number 1 rule. We can conclude that this would lead to Very Bad Things. Cain showed up and shot Sinnerman, preventing the killing.

Cain is/was sinnerman

'Sinnerman killed my brother' - was part of Pierce's story.

He was apparently trying to get Lucifer to kill the protege - and I am guessing he killed him instead to prevent his secret (being cain) from coming out.

Apparently - Cain had been grooming this kid for awhile (given the picture).

control-z
12-14-2017, 12:01 PM
Well having the precinct being run by a cursed immortal biblical figure should prove to be interesting.

I wonder if his interest in Chloe is genuine affection or exploitation to get at Lucifer?

Folacin
12-15-2017, 10:48 PM

That's an interesting theory to keep in mind. However, I think Cain shot Sinnerman because he thought he was going to out his identity to Lucifer.

But Cain saving Lucifer from himself would be a fun twist.

Snooooopy
12-21-2017, 04:41 PM
Pierce has generally been an enormous yawn this season, so I'm glad they finally got around to getting his storyline into gear. I mean, I certainly understand the idea of keeping things close to the vest with a character like this so that the big reveal has maximum pop, but I was less intrigued by what they might do with him than I was just kind of disappointed by how little he added to the proceedings.

control-z
12-27-2017, 03:06 PM
According to this site (http://lucifer.wikia.com/wiki/Season_3), Lucifer will be back Mon Jan 1 and we get at least 6 new episodes.

gytalf2000
01-23-2018, 10:38 AM
Any thoughts on last night's episode? -- Lucifer, Season 3, episode 12 (January 22, 2018) -- "All About Her"

Infovore
01-23-2018, 11:02 AM
Any thoughts on last night's episode? -- Lucifer, Season 3, episode 12 (January 22, 2018) -- "All About Her"

I enjoyed it--nice to get back to the main plot. I do wonder, though, if they were correct about there being no private beaches in California (I live here and I've never heard that, but to be fair I'm not exactly up on surf culture), and also whether there really is a ceremony like the surfers did to commemorate their dead friend.

One eye-roller, though:

How did that skinny rich woman manage to overpower and strangle a healthy 24-year-old man? That stretches suspension of disbelief a bit too far for me.

gytalf2000
01-23-2018, 05:08 PM
I am hoping that they wrap up the Tom Welling / Pierce / Cain storyline up in not too long. I'm already a bit tired of the character.

Infovore
01-23-2018, 06:38 PM
I am hoping that they wrap up the Tom Welling / Pierce / Cain storyline up in not too long. I'm already a bit tired of the character.

I agree completely.

Tapiotar
01-24-2018, 08:59 AM

Agree. He is dragging the whole show down. The bit of Linda and Amenadiel ending the affair with an embrace and Maze seeing the embrace is too predictable, too. I am very close to giving up on the show...

gytalf2000
01-24-2018, 09:07 AM
Agree. He is dragging the whole show down. The bit of Linda and Amenadiel ending the affair with an embrace and Maze seeing the embrace is too predictable, too. I am very close to giving up on the show...

Oh, I still enjoy the show a lot! But I wasn't crazy about the whole Amenadiel / Linda pairing. I hope Maze will realize that they have ended the affair before she eviscerates them both.

simster
01-24-2018, 11:20 AM
Oh, I still enjoy the show a lot! But I wasn't crazy about the whole Amenadiel / Linda pairing. I hope Maze will realize that they have ended the affair before she eviscerates them both.

It was entirely worth it for the Chlamidia line.

gytalf2000
01-24-2018, 11:41 AM
It was entirely worth it for the Chlamidia line.

I suppose you're right. :)

gytalf2000
01-29-2018, 05:05 PM
Hey, there will be a new episode airing tonight :

Lucifer, Season Three, Episode Thirteen (January 29, 2018) -- "Til Death Do Us Part"

gytalf2000
01-30-2018, 08:23 AM
It was quite enjoyable to watch Lucifer really camp it up as part of a gay couple. And the whole time, Cain looked like he was ready to go into a rage and start punching him. Hilarious!

SykoSkotty
01-30-2018, 09:48 AM
"Did your partner just confess to snorting Adderall?"

"The only thing I confess is being extremely focused on this case."

gytalf2000
01-30-2018, 12:13 PM
I also found Lucifer's bout with the thugs in that narrow hall to be highly entertaining! Great action scene. The show needs more of these.

pmwgreen
01-30-2018, 07:38 PM
I also found Lucifer's bout with the thugs in that narrow hall to be highly entertaining! Great action scene. The show needs more of these.

Pretty good, but I wonder if the gang was Korean because the stunt crew was Korean, and the producers said "we need a fight scene and we need it fast."

Sunny Daze
01-30-2018, 08:34 PM

I liked the pairing! I'm also expecting that Maze will be going off the deep end for several episodes, while there is no pairing. I don't know if Linda and A. will get back together, but I think it helped his character development a lot. It got him over some of the holier-than-thou, stick-up-the-butt thing he had going on.

I'm wondering whether Cain, Luci, even Amenadiel all have a pre-selected partner out there that "Dad" picked for them. Just thinking out loud. Each partner could effect each immortal differently.We know who Luci's partner is. If Cain finds his partner, perhaps his immortality can be ended (but will he want it to be). Maybe the point of all of these partners is to teach the immortals what it is to be human?

Also, is there or is there not another adversary out there? Someone got eyeless dude to try and get Luci to kill him, which apparently is a big no-no. Someone is giving Luci back his wings, and took his scary face. Are they the same someones, or different someones? I'm wondering if they are different someones. As in "Dad" is doing the wings and such, and there is someone else involved in trying to get Luci busted back to Hell. Who's watching the gates right now? Is there anyone else who would be mad enough at him to get him into that much trouble?

simster
01-30-2018, 09:00 PM
All that Lucifer needs Cain to do is have Cain call Lucifer 'his brother' - then in a fit of irony, Lucifer can kill him.

D_Odds
01-30-2018, 09:13 PM
Pretty good, but I wonder if the gang was Korean because the stunt crew was Korean, and the producers said "we need a fight scene and we need it fast."

Wouldn't be the first time. Sometimes it is a way of saying "thank you", giving the stunt people an acting credit and possibly a boost to their episode payday.

Tapiotar
01-31-2018, 07:28 AM
Why does Cain want to die? I can understand wanting oblivion, but wouldn't he just go to hell and relive killing his brother over and over again? It would be far worse than his life is now.

control-z
01-31-2018, 12:53 PM
I think he should try the acid bath again. How exactly do you come back from that? Or a volcano? What would be left of you?

Darren Garrison
01-31-2018, 12:57 PM
Why does Cain want to die? I can understand wanting oblivion, but wouldn't he just go to hell and relive killing his brother over and over again? It would be far worse than his life is now.

It has been stated that people only go to Hell if they believe that they deserve Hell. He may think that's he's had enough punishment by now.

simster
01-31-2018, 01:46 PM
I think he should try the acid bath again. How exactly do you come back from that? Or a volcano? What would be left of you?

He started going into his theory - whatever bit had the most matter is what regrew/healed.

The Volcano took 6 months... I'm not exactly what 'bit' was left - I guess just his ash.

gytalf2000
01-31-2018, 02:21 PM
I'm betting that a trip to the center of the sun would do Cain in nicely. Of course, God could just yank him out and set the healing process into motion again.

control-z
01-31-2018, 02:48 PM
He started going into his theory - whatever bit had the most matter is what regrew/healed.

The Volcano took 6 months... I'm not exactly what 'bit' was left - I guess just his ash.

Yeah I think he said "master molecule" or something. Seems to me his only chances are to make up with God or travel to another dimension for at least a change of pace.

gytalf2000
02-05-2018, 01:35 PM
Hey, there will be a new episode tonight!

Lucifer, Season Three, Episode Fourteen (February 5, 2018) -- "My Brother's Keeper"

DrDeth
02-05-2018, 03:14 PM

Somewhere, someplace, there would be a Cain molecule. Toenail clipping, hair, whatever.

Even dropped into the sun wouldnt work, if that was the case.

I didnt see the point behind chainsaw. Lucifer must have known it. Trying the hell steel was a good idea, however.

Folacin
02-05-2018, 09:55 PM
So, Maze is perhaps not the best influence on Trixie?

I like Luci looking out for Miss Lopez - do no mess with the devil's friends.

The between A and Cain/Pierce was fun. I liked that, other than being unstoppable, Cain was no match for an angel, even an unpowered one.

The show is better when Lucifer and Amenadiel are at odds, so glad we're back to that. Do we know when Amenadiel tried to have Lucifer killed? It's not ringing any bells, so I'm guessing that at least we didn't know A was behind it?

simster
02-05-2018, 10:23 PM
So, Maze is perhaps not the best influence on Trixie?

I like Luci looking out for Miss Lopez - do no mess with the devil's friends.

The between A and Cain/Pierce was fun. I liked that, other than being unstoppable, Cain was no match for an angel, even an unpowered one.

The show is better when Lucifer and Amenadiel are at odds, so glad we're back to that. Do we know when Amenadiel tried to have Lucifer killed? It's not ringing any bells, so I'm guessing that at least we didn't know A was behind it?

YEs, Amenadiel tried to have Lucifer killed in season 1, when he realized proximity to Chloe made him vulnerable - it was the arc with the nearly dead detective using a gun provided by the x-husband, etc.

gytalf2000
02-06-2018, 08:30 AM
I loved Trixie's scene with Ella and Maze. So cute!

The fight scene with Amenadiel and Cain was great! It seemed like Amenadiel was displaying at least slight superhuman strength, at times. I wonder....

It was nice to see Dr. Linda overcome her quite-justified fears regarding Charlotte. The subsequent therapy sessions should prove to be entertaining.

Tapiotar
02-06-2018, 06:13 PM
YEs, Amenadiel tried to have Lucifer killed in season 1, when he realized proximity to Chloe made him vulnerable - it was the arc with the nearly dead detective using a gun provided by the x-husband, etc.

Yes, Amenadiel brought Detective Douche's partner back from the dead in order to get him to kill Lucifer. He did kill Lucifer, but Dad brought Lucifer back in order to deal with Mom, who escaped from hell.

They need to bring in better writers, or more consistent writers. Borrow some of the writers from The Good Place? The characterizations are all over the map, inconsistent, illogical. It seems to be getting worse as the seasons go on, making me thin that they have no overall plan in mind.

Cain and Amenadiel share the biggest sin, ie, lack of sense of humor. Same with Maze, and sometime Lucifer. They all take themselves too seriously.

Immortality doesn't seem to be good, actually detrimental, for character development. An eternity of adolescent grudges and shoulder chips and obsessions is not a pretty thing.

DPRK
02-06-2018, 08:25 PM
Yes, Amenadiel brought Detective Douche's partner back from the dead in order to get him to kill Lucifer. He did kill Lucifer, but Dad brought Lucifer back in order to deal with Mom, who escaped from hell.

Don't forget that Amenadiel was the one who arranged for the creation of Chloe in the first place, again "only the messenger," no doubt.

They need to bring in better writers, or more consistent writers. Borrow some of the writers from The Good Place? The characterizations are all over the map, inconsistent, illogical. It seems to be getting worse as the seasons go on, making me thin that they have no overall plan in mind.

Cain and Amenadiel share the biggest sin, ie, lack of sense of humor. Same with Maze, and sometime Lucifer. They all take themselves too seriously.

Immortality doesn't seem to be good, actually detrimental, for character development. An eternity of adolescent grudges and shoulder chips and obsessions is not a pretty thing.
It's the writers' fault, as you point out, played for laughs but not that interesting. Don't the credits state that the show is only "based on" Neil Gaiman's characters?

gytalf2000
02-27-2018, 10:50 AM
Any opinions on last night's episode -- Lucifer, Season Three, Episode Fifteen (February 26, 2018) -- "High School Poppycock"?

Infovore
02-27-2018, 11:23 AM
Any opinions on last night's episode -- Lucifer, Season Three, Episode Fifteen (February 26, 2018) -- "High School Poppycock"?

I thought it had some really cute moments (I loved the "prom date" at the end) but they kinda lost me when Chloe

...fired her gun at a metal fitting between her partner and a suspect.

Even by the loose standards of this show, that was a bit much. That could very easily have gone disastrously wrong.

Loved the dinner conversation with Linda, Todd, Maze, and Amenadiel, though. "I make my own toothpaste!"

gytalf2000
02-27-2018, 02:01 PM
I thought it had some really cute moments (I loved the "prom date" at the end) but they kinda lost me when Chloe

...fired her gun at a metal fitting between her partner and a suspect.

Even by the loose standards of this show, that was a bit much. That could very easily have gone disastrously wrong.

Loved the dinner conversation with Linda, Todd, Maze, and Amenadiel, though. "I make my own toothpaste!"

You're right, that was a bit foolhardy of Chloe!

And the blind date was both awkward and hilarious!

gytalf2000
03-05-2018, 11:28 AM
There will be a new episode airing tonight :
Lucifer, Season Three, Episode Sixteen (March 5, 2018) -- "Infernal Guinea Pig"

control-z
03-08-2018, 12:52 PM
The case of the week was a yawn pretty much as usual, but all in all I thought it was a very entertaining episode. So now we know that Lucifer can just pop to hell and back at will, and insert souls in recently dead bodies with some degree of imprecision.

RealityChuck
03-08-2018, 12:55 PM
I find that I watch Lucifer for the ongoing story arc and not the individual mysteries.

OTOH, I watch iZombie for the crime of the week and not the story arc, which has just gotten stupid.

gytalf2000
03-08-2018, 03:25 PM
The case of the week was a yawn pretty much as usual, but all in all I thought it was a very entertaining episode. So now we know that Lucifer can just pop to hell and back at will, and insert souls in recently dead bodies with some degree of imprecision.

Yes, I enjoyed that scene! And of course, he wound up screwing things up. Hilarious!

Declan
03-12-2018, 10:24 PM
Finally some decent episodes are coming down the pike. This season compared to the two previous seasons has been underperforming. Superman as far as I am concerned has not brought anything to the table, and they have been dragging out the luci/chloe relationship. Now it appears that they are back on a collision course, so I might have to retract that this season has under performed.

gytalf2000
03-19-2018, 02:26 PM
A new episode airs tonight!

Lucifer, Season Three, Episode Eighteen (March 19, 2018) -- "The Last Heartbreak"

gytalf2000
03-20-2018, 04:14 PM

Lucifer, Season Three, Episode Eighteen (March 19, 2018) -- "The Last Heartbreak"

I was unable to view the entire episode, due to inclement weather in my area -- they kept breaking into the program with news of tornado watches, etc.

I'm not too happy about Cain's romantic interest in Chloe, but perhaps the relationship will prove interesting. I'll give it some time.

Ya know, emotions are funny -- I can deal with seeing rampant mindless violence and gore on shows like "The Walking Dead", but seeing Trixie getting her feelings hurt by Maze's insensitive remarks felt like a punch to the face. OUCH!!

DPRK
03-20-2018, 05:20 PM
I'm not too happy about Cain's romantic interest in Chloe, but perhaps the relationship will prove interesting. I'll give it some time.

He told the bartender he was not really romantically interested in Chloe, just manipulating her as part of his scheme to top himself.

Then there is Lucifer, who actually likes Chloe, but refuses to get too intimate with her ever since he found out she was created by Amenadiel under mysterious circumstances, because he suspects she may not have completely free will where he is concerned. So, poor Chloe :)

Infovore
03-20-2018, 06:48 PM
Ya know, emotions are funny -- I can deal with seeing rampant mindless violence and gore on shows like "The Walking Dead", but seeing Trixie getting her feelings hurt by Maze's insensitive remarks felt like a punch to the face. OUCH!!

I was disappointed that they didn't address that any further this week--maybe not resolved it yet, but at least had a scene with Chloe talking to Trixie about it. Poor kid.

control-z
03-22-2018, 11:19 AM
Something seems off lately, like the writing team has changed. Characters are acting strangely and the plot/flow seems uneven. Still an interesting show.

DrDeth
03-22-2018, 01:17 PM
Something seems off lately, like the writing team has changed. Characters are acting strangely and the plot/flow seems uneven. Still an interesting show.

Yes, the plot for every episode seems to be that Lucifer gets upset about something, spend all epi obsessing and trying to work the current case into it, and then getting over it. Wash, rinse, repeat. It is getting hackneyed. Maybe they can lure the writers of The Good Place over or something.

Fenris
03-22-2018, 01:20 PM

I've been guessing that Cain is interested in Chloe purely on the basis of her "Makes immortals mortal" superpower.

Infovore
03-22-2018, 01:35 PM
I've been guessing that Cain is interested in Chloe purely on the basis of her "Makes immortals mortal" superpower.

Does he know about that, though? I can't remember if it was ever revealed to him.

simster
03-22-2018, 02:07 PM
Does he know about that, though? I can't remember if it was ever revealed to him.

He mentioned it specifically - it was what drew him to Los Angelas with Lucifer getting shot in season 1.

It was the entire reason he went with Chloe to the cabin and got shot by sinnerman.

Infovore
03-22-2018, 02:09 PM
He mentioned it specifically - it was what drew him to Los Angelas with Lucifer getting shot in season 1.

It was the entire reason he went with Chloe to the cabin and got shot by sinnerman.

Ah, okay. I guess I need to go watch them again! Thanks. :)

gytalf2000
03-22-2018, 02:16 PM

Oh yeah, I remember that now! But I'm guessing that Chloe only has that effect on Lucifer.

Fenris
03-22-2018, 02:55 PM
Oh yeah, I remember that now! But I'm guessing that Chloe only has that effect on Lucifer.

Or....on a supernatural being she loves. Hence Cain trying to cozy up to her.

control-z
03-23-2018, 09:47 AM
Yes, the plot for every episode seems to be that Lucifer gets upset about something, spend all epi obsessing and trying to work the current case into it, and then getting over it. Wash, rinse, repeat. It is getting hackneyed. Maybe they can lure the writers of The Good Place over or something.

Yeah that's about it. He's turning into a sort of Sheldon (from the Big Bang Theory) character when it comes to Chloe. I'm hoping this is just a lull leading up to a new interesting storyline, because whiny Lucifer and "will they or won't they?" isn't enough.

gytalf2000
03-26-2018, 02:08 PM
There will be a new episode tonight :

Lucifer, Season Three, Episode Nineteen (March 26, 2018) -- "Orange is The New Maze"

control-z
04-18-2018, 11:38 AM
Monday's episode was pretty awesome and has renewed my interest in the show. Lucifer is acting more like himself and Maze as well. Still don't understand why Maze was so upset with Linda and Chloe but maybe she isn't used to having emotions and is just immature. There was a lot going on, and a nice cliffhanger with Cain losing his mark.

Infovore
04-18-2018, 11:47 AM
Yep, it was really nice seeing Lucifer back to himself (and the whole 'sleep-deprived' sequence was funny too).

I'll be glad when Cain is gone. I still can't figure out how anybody could possibly think he's hotter than Lucifer. :P Not only do I not think he's the least bit hot, but I find him and the canoodling between him and Chloe to be annoying, not romantic.

I do wonder how Lucifer and Maze are going to work things out, though.

Tapiotar
04-18-2018, 12:28 PM
Yes, I'll be glad when Cain is gone. He is not remotely hot, and he and Chloe have NO chemistry, no matter how many times Ella says it. He needs to go, and Ella needs to go. There are too many kooky forensics females on cop shows, and Ella is the worst.

Loved the sleep-deprived sequence. Anyone think that Maze will go through with killing Cain after all?

Maze wants Amenadiel and Lucifer and Linda to care about her more than they care about anyone else. She hates Chloe because Lucifer loves her. Maze is all id, with the emotional maturity of a two-year-old, unable to care for anyone else, except as far as their welfare impinges on her own. The question is, is she capable of maturing? Of learning to care? Sometimes it seems as if she is.

Infovore
04-18-2018, 01:01 PM
He needs to go, and Ella needs to go. There are too many kooky forensics females on cop shows, and Ella is the worst.

Oh, yes, I agree completely.

I liked Ella when she first started out--she was a little kooky, yeah, but I liked the fact that she was a believer. I thought she might bring a new perspective to the show. But this season she seems almost like a parody character. Nobody would get away with acting like she does as a forensics person.

I do think she has pretty good chemistry with Lucifer, though.

control-z
04-18-2018, 02:45 PM
There's a lot of stuff going on that wouldn't fly in a real police department. I still like Ella, in fact Charlotte insulting all those people and then pausing in front of Ella and saying something like "...and I guess you're alright" was one of the funniest moments.

Sunny Daze
04-18-2018, 04:36 PM
I like Ella, but I agree she's more relevant when they use her Belief as a foil against Lucifer's and Amenadiel's lack of Faith. I'd like to see them return to that. They've really made her vapid this season.

I also feel like kicking Maze around the block a few times. A friend who acts the way she's been acting isn't really a friend. I hope that her eventual arc is learning the lesson of how to be a friend, not just have a friend.

gytalf2000
04-19-2018, 10:05 AM
There's a lot of stuff going on that wouldn't fly in a real police department. I still like Ella, in fact Charlotte insulting all those people and then pausing in front of Ella and saying something like "...and I guess you're alright" was one of the funniest moments.

Yeah, that was a great scene!

gytalf2000
04-23-2018, 12:57 PM
A new episode will air tonight!

Lucifer, Season 3, Episode 21 (April 23, 2018) -- "Anything Pierce Can Do I Can Do Better"

control-z
04-25-2018, 12:44 PM
Latest was an ok episode, you'd think Lucifer would know Chloe well enough to realize that fancy dinners and extravagant gifts aren't going to win her over. Very selfish of him to not want to commit to a relationship with Chloe but also not want her being with anyone else. Maybe Linda helped when she talked to him at the end.

And I'm getting really sick of the love triangle and both wishy-washy Lucifer and Pierce.

It seems unlike Chloe to accept the marriage proposal unless something mystical is going on that affects her judgement.

gytalf2000
04-25-2018, 12:47 PM
Latest was an ok episode, you'd think Lucifer would know Chloe well enough to realize that fancy dinners and extravagant gifts aren't going to win her over. Very selfish of him to not want to commit to a relationship with Chloe but also not want her being with anyone else. Maybe Linda helped when she talked to him at the end.

And I'm getting really sick of the love triangle and both wishy-washy Lucifer and Pierce.

It seems unlike Chloe to accept the marriage proposal unless something mystical is going on that affects her judgement.

I am really wanting the Pierce story to end. Tired of it!

Infovore
04-25-2018, 12:55 PM
I am really wanting the Pierce story to end. Tired of it!

You and me both. He and Chloe have no chemistry, and it always seems like the writers are trying to force us to believe Pierce is some kind of sexy alpha god type. It's annoying. He's annoying. I realize they're trying to hold off on getting Lucifer and Chloe together as long as possible, but now they're just teasing us.

gytalf2000
04-25-2018, 02:29 PM
You and me both. He and Chloe have no chemistry, and it always seems like the writers are trying to force us to believe Pierce is some kind of sexy alpha god type. It's annoying. He's annoying. I realize they're trying to hold off on getting Lucifer and Chloe together as long as possible, but now they're just teasing us.

Plus, there's just something about the character that even makes all the others seem "off their game", at least from my perspective. They all seemed to mesh together much better in the previous season. I still enjoy the show, of course, but the current storyline needs to resolve itself soon.

control-z
04-26-2018, 12:57 PM
Plus, there's just something about the character that even makes all the others seem "off their game", at least from my perspective. They all seemed to mesh together much better in the previous season. I still enjoy the show, of course, but the current storyline needs to resolve itself soon.

Yeah something does seem off, I don't know if they have changed writers or directors or what.

And yeah I was looking forward to how Lucifer was going to help Pierce die and hoping it would work! ;)

gytalf2000
04-30-2018, 01:18 PM

Lucifer, Season 3, Episode 22 (April 30, 2018) -- "All Hands on Decker"

control-z
05-04-2018, 09:52 AM
Another strange (in a bad way) episode. At least after all the dumbassery the story is moving along a bit with Maze knowing Cain lost his mark. And Chloe isn't marrying Pierce, that's good at least. It almost seems like these are filler episodes, hopefully it is leading to something good.

Infovore
05-04-2018, 10:00 AM
Another strange (in a bad way) episode. At least after all the dumbassery the story is moving along a bit with Maze knowing Cain lost his mark. And Chloe isn't marrying Pierce, that's good at least. It almost seems like these are filler episodes, hopefully it is leading to something good.

Yup. I will continue to watch the show as long as it's on because I would cheerfully sit and watch Lucifer/Tom Ellis read his grocery list for an hour every week, but the plots are getting so farfetched and silly that I'm starting to lose interest whenever Luci isn't on the screen. I do hope they bring it back to the quality level of episodes like "A Priest Walks into a Bar" soon...or at least let Luci sing some more!

gytalf2000
05-04-2018, 10:05 AM
Yup. I will continue to watch the show as long as it's on because I would cheerfully sit and watch Lucifer/Tom Ellis read his grocery list for an hour every week, but the plots are getting so farfetched and silly that I'm starting to lose interest whenever Luci isn't on the screen. I do hope they bring it back to the quality level of episodes like "A Priest Walks into a Bar" soon...or at least let Luci sing some more!

I enjoy seeing all the characters, but the quality of the show has definitely gone down this season. I would like to see it return to its former glory!

N9IWP
05-04-2018, 12:17 PM
So did Pierce add his mark or remove it with the fake tattoo? Is he still imortal or not? :confused:

Brian

DrDeth
05-04-2018, 01:10 PM
So did Pierce add his mark or remove it with the fake tattoo? Is he still imortal or not? :confused:

His mark went away, he got a tattoo. afaik.

simster
05-04-2018, 02:34 PM
His mark went away, he got a tattoo. afaik.

it was a fake tattoo -

- it was falling off when Maze left the room and Pierce was trying to keep it in place under his shirt sleeve
- goofy girl said she and pierce were discussing fake tattoos as well.

control-z
05-07-2018, 10:01 AM
Seemed strange Maze would put off killing Pierce just because he was sitting next to Trixie. I mean weren't they in Chloe's house, wouldn't she expect to maybe find Trixie there? Couldn't she drag Pierce out of the house or something?

Also I forget, how is Pierce dying going to get Maze back to hell?

gytalf2000
05-07-2018, 10:14 AM
Seemed strange Maze would put off killing Pierce just because he was sitting next to Trixie. I mean weren't they in Chloe's house, wouldn't she expect to maybe find Trixie there? Couldn't she drag Pierce out of the house or something?

Also I forget, how is Pierce dying going to get Maze back to hell?

Good question!

Calatin
05-07-2018, 10:59 AM
Some of the trades and sites are saying that a renewal isn't looking extremely likely.

gytalf2000
05-07-2018, 11:08 AM
Some of the trades and sites are saying that a renewal isn't looking extremely likely.

Drat! In spite of my disappointment with this season, I still enjoy the show.

Calatin
05-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Drat! In spite of my disappointment with this season, I still enjoy the show.

Yeah, it's not a death knell or anything, but sites like The Hollywood Reporter, TVLine, etc. have it just slightly less than a 50% chance of a renewal.

It's a shame, too, because tonight's show is supposed to be a cliff-hanger.

I wish more show-runners would disclose what direction the next season of their cancelled shows were going to go.

DrDeth
05-07-2018, 12:12 PM
I enjoy seeing all the characters, but the quality of the show has definitely gone down this season. I would like to see it return to its former glory!

Bad writing. Every epi has the same theme- Lucifer gets a weird idea in his head as for some reason the Ruler of Hell doesnt understand humans, :dubious: pushes it hard, annoys the Detective with it, then Lucifer learns a little lesson.

control-z
05-07-2018, 02:37 PM
I really enjoy it too, it's very different in look and feel than other shows. Yes I have gripes about writing and plot but it doesn't mean I don't watch every episode eagerly.

gytalf2000
05-07-2018, 03:01 PM
Okay, the season is rapidly drawing to a close. The penultimate episode airs tonight :

Lucifer, Season 3, Episode 23 (May 7, 2018) -- "Quintessential Deckerstar "

Infovore
05-08-2018, 12:07 AM
Well. *That* was a surprise. :(

I really hope Pierce is going down next episode. With extreme prejudice. He's been an ass all season, and after tonight I want him gone more than ever.

Tapiotar
05-08-2018, 07:59 AM
That was the best episode I've seen in a while. So glad Amenadiel got his wings back and went to the home he's longed for with what's her name. Maybe he'll be bored in Heaven and return to earth next season? Is Maze really dead? The might explain why they've made her so demonically unpleasant lately, so fans won't mind her being killed off quite so much.

And, if tortures in hell are mostly self-inflicted, why is there a need for demon torturers anyway? Or perhaps that is their natural home.

I suspect that Chloe is going to kill Pierce, and that she is the only one who will be able to do so. I will be so glad to see the end of him. I dislike the character and the actor who played him. His arc brought the whole show down, down, down.

The next episode could be a satisfying conclusion to the series, if it is not renewed. If it is, it will be able to go in a refreshing new direction. However, Lucifer as a happy family man and law-abiding, ethical person destroys the premise of the show.

gytalf2000
05-08-2018, 09:40 AM
I was disappointed that Maze lost the fight. I wanted to see her really wreck Cain. He shouldn't have had any chance at all against the sexy demoness. Of course, he did have to resort to trickery, in the end.

Infovore
05-08-2018, 10:03 AM
I was disappointed that Maze lost the fight. I wanted to see her really wreck Cain. He shouldn't have had any chance at all against the sexy demoness. Of course, he did have to resort to trickery, in the end.

I don't think she's done with him yet, and I definitely don't think she's dead. I'm guessing next episode a certain annoying ass of a formerly-immortal police captain is going to be in a world of hurt as several people line up to have their shot at him.

N9IWP
05-09-2018, 05:49 AM
Wow, Charlotte's death hit me harder than I thought it would. Poor Dan.
The previews indicate that Pierce will get a beat down. Good, even if it means he gets his earlier wish of death.

Brian

simster
05-09-2018, 07:01 AM
I don't think she's done with him yet, and I definitely don't think she's dead. I'm guessing next episode a certain annoying ass of a formerly-immortal police captain is going to be in a world of hurt as several people line up to have their shot at him.

She's not dead - just shot up with the same knockout drug she was going to use on Ammedadeal.

BwanaBob
05-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Charlotte's death and Amenadiel's regaining his wings and taking her to heaven all coupled with that haunting music actually brought a tear to my eye.

gytalf2000
05-10-2018, 09:52 AM
Charlotte's death and Amenadiel's regaining his wings and taking her to heaven all coupled with that haunting music actually brought a tear to my eye.

Yeah, that was quite an emotional scene!

Infovore
05-10-2018, 10:07 AM
Yeah, that was quite an emotional scene!

I got teary too. They did that one right!

Infovore
05-11-2018, 05:00 PM
Sadly, Fox has cancelled Lucifer (http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/lucifer-canceled-fox-1202800382/). :(

DrDeth
05-11-2018, 06:49 PM
Sadly, Fox has cancelled Lucifer (http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/lucifer-canceled-fox-1202800382/). :(

Fox sucks. :(

DPRK
05-11-2018, 06:59 PM
Don't forget, there are 75 issues of Mike Carey Lucifer comics for your Lucifer fix.

D_Odds
05-11-2018, 07:39 PM
So now I'm down to Gotham and The Gifted on FOX, and I won't be adding any new FOX shows next season. FOX is really looking out for me, cutting down on my TV viewing.

Tapiotar
05-13-2018, 06:00 PM
Don't forget, there are 75 issues of Mike Carey Lucifer comics for your Lucifer fix.

Yes, but that version of Lucifer has nothing to do with the tv character Lucifer.

Sigh. A good concept and a good beginning entirely thrown away by crappy show running and crappy writing this season. What happened to them?

But at least Amenadiel got his wings back. That was satisfying.

gytalf2000
05-14-2018, 08:15 AM

Aw, man! Horrible news. Yuck!

I wonder if the CW would pick it up?

control-z
05-14-2018, 01:57 PM
Bad news indeed. I don't really want it to be a CW show but I guess it's better than nothing.

There are several campaigns to save Lucifer and here is an interview with Tom Ellis: http://tvline.com/2018/05/14/lucifer-cancelled-tom-ellis-interview-save-lucifer-campaign/

RealityChuck
05-14-2018, 08:52 PM
I can see it finding a home at the CW, since they're making their mark with DC-based series and picked up Supergirl. Why not collect them all?

The past two episodes were good ones, and it's frustrating that the series might end at this point. It was something they needed to do, and sets up a fascinating storyline if it continues.

control-z
05-14-2018, 10:07 PM
Holy crap, that was a good finale! Maze and Lucifer are back, and Chloe has seen the devil face. And Lucifer didn't wimp out on killing Cain. The investigation started off a little shaky, why didn't they at least have someone follow Pierce? But the last 5 or 10 minutes were very epic.

Sunny Daze
05-14-2018, 10:59 PM
From what I hear, the campaign to save the show is having an impact. There are solid numbers (in the millions) and this is a really good week to share those with the networks, since they're working on their new line ups.

gytalf2000
05-15-2018, 07:40 AM
Holy crap, that was a good finale! Maze and Lucifer are back, and Chloe has seen the devil face. And Lucifer didn't wimp out on killing Cain. The investigation started off a little shaky, why didn't they at least have someone follow Pierce? But the last 5 or 10 minutes were very epic.

Oh yeah, it was excellent! The show is back to its old self.

Tapiotar
05-15-2018, 02:24 PM
I agree, that was the best episode all season. Very satisfying.

Oakminster
05-15-2018, 03:04 PM
If that ends up being the final episode, they ended in a decent place all things considered. Amenadiel's arc reached a satisfying end. Charlotte found the redemption she wanted. Chloe got the answer she needed, if not the one she wanted. Lucifer reached a catharsis of his own. Really only Maze and...the little therapist woman whose name escapes me...got left hanging. For an unanticipated series finale...it could have been much worse.

control-z
05-15-2018, 03:10 PM
Really only Maze and...the little therapist woman whose name escapes me...got left hanging. For an unanticipated series finale...it could have been much worse.

Linda. I thought they had a fairly good making up, but I still don't know what Maze's problem was to begin with. I guess she was just new to emotions like love and jealousy and couldn't handle them.

They could have made a whole episode out of Maze escaping and I'd watch it.

pmwgreen
05-16-2018, 10:32 PM
I hope it gets picked up, but still, I'll be OK if not. These last two episodes were great and I can't believe they would have been nearly as good if the series hadn't been cancelled and the writers had to wind things up. The status quo was getting beyond stale. This way there is an end. Plus, if there is a new series, it can pick-up where it left off, or start over.

Folacin
05-20-2018, 12:57 PM
I'm a little confused that killing Cain brought the devil face back - certainly not a solidly immoral act (since Cain would have chased down all of Chloe's loved ones), and certainly nothing to cause regret in Lucifer (which seems to this world's hell (and boy am I in trouble when I die).

Infovore
05-20-2018, 12:59 PM
I'm a little confused that killing Cain brought the devil face back - certainly not a solidly immoral act (since Cain would have chased down all of Chloe's loved ones), and certainly nothing to cause regret in Lucifer (which seems to this world's hell (and boy am I in trouble when I die).

I think it's because he finally accepted himself for who he was, and took responsibility for it.

Tapiotar
05-20-2018, 02:58 PM
I think it's not because of killing Cain, per se. It's not even because he tortured Cain by reminding him repeatedly that he is a monster, so that Cain would be shunted into hell. It's because he enjoyed torturing him.

Anyone heard if the show has been picked up by another network?

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.