Straight Dope Message Board

Straight Dope Message Board (https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/index.php)
-   The BBQ Pit (https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How has President Trump pissed you off today? (https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=816812)

kaylasdad99 02-19-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshore (Post 20006037)
Yeah...That one by the Whiner in Chief really, really, really pissed me off as well. (It was all I could do to contain myself from starting a new Pit thread about it alone.) I don't know if the saddest part is the utter contempt it shows for his supporters that they would be ignorant enough to believe that what he inherited was anything even vaguely as bad as what Obama inherited or the fact that this assessment of their ignorance is probably pretty accurate.

They ARE that ignorant, and they DO believe that.

That said, this is me saying it; and I DO feel utter contempt for Trump supporters.

kaylasdad99 02-19-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveG1 (Post 20006405)
He woke up today, that pissed me off on its own.

...did I pass a baton, or something?

Ukulele Ike 02-19-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderdog (Post 20011690)
So now people on the left aren't satisfied to to just complain about political policies they don't like. Because you don't like a man you call his wife a hooker? I'll hold my breath and watch how many dopers show up to tell you how much of a classless, ignorant ass you are.

I hope you're not still holding your breath, gosh!

You have a point. Ordinary hookers have sex with men in return for cash on the barrelhead.

Melania had (has) sex with RICH men in return for shopping sprees, limousine rides, fancy restaurant meals, expensive baubles, and penthouse apartments.

There's probably a more specific word for hookers who do that; it's just not popping into my head at the moment.

k9bfriender 02-19-2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 (Post 20012374)

You gotta get up pretty early in the morning to be the first pissed off by trump.

Jack Batty 02-19-2017 05:58 PM

Or on, for that matter.

Defensive Indifference 02-19-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Batty (Post 20012482)
Or on, for that matter.

I continue to be skeptical of the golden shower story, but I do appreciate all the opportunities for comedy it has given the world.

Ukulele Ike 02-19-2017 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayard (Post 20012519)
I continue to be skeptical of the golden shower story, but I do appreciate all the opportunities for comedy it has given the world.

Well, it IS hard to believe that Trump has the imagination to conceive of any sex act beyond Missionary-style humping (for two or three minutes, then rolling over onto the dry spot and snoring).

If he does, though, I would expect the sex to include not only piss, but shit and vomit.

SteveG1 02-19-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike (Post 20012730)
Well, it IS hard to believe that Trump has the imagination to conceive of any sex act beyond Missionary-style humping (for two or three minutes, then rolling over onto the dry spot and snoring).

If he does, though, I would expect the sex to include not only piss, but shit and vomit.

I can't imagine any "partner" of his NOT vomiting. The whole idea is just disgusting.

SteveG1 02-19-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 (Post 20012374)

We all get a turn, it's only fair. So stop bogarting :D

Ukulele Ike 02-19-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveG1 (Post 20012734)
I can't imagine any "partner" of his NOT vomiting. The whole idea is just disgusting.

I'm gonna go over to the IMHO forum and start a thread entitled "Ladies! Would You Let Trump Give You Head?"

Maybe we could get a brave volunteer for a Judith of Bethulia scenario.

Morgyn 02-19-2017 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayard (Post 20012519)

The more of that dossier gets verified, the more I think it's probable that event did take place. The Russians are old masters at the honey trap, and Trump is venal enough that having some hookers piss on a mattress the Obamas once slept in is something he'd think was a wonderful idea.

Monty 02-19-2017 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveG1 (Post 20012734)

Trump's partners' version of "Lie back and think of England": Lie back and think of the pretty pictures of Benjamin Franklin.

Elendil's Heir 02-19-2017 10:59 PM

An NSC aide is critical of Trump and finds himself speedily reassigned: http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/19/politi...ump/index.html

Qwisp 02-19-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty (Post 20012952)
Trump's partners' version of "Lie back and think of England": Lie back and think of the pretty pictures of Benjamin Franklin.

There are not enough pictures of Ben Franklin in the world that could erase the stench of that mans naked image. She sold her soul for money and she got cheated in the deal You can see it in her face every time The Donald Shitgibbon turns away from her. Look miserable, he turns around, big smile,rinse, repeat.

Guest-starring: Id! 02-20-2017 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty (Post 20012952)

Especially considering how much of a smoothie the Bennator was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir (Post 20012962)
An NSC aide is critical of Trump and finds himself speedily reassigned: http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/19/politi...ump/index.html

Nice of the article to bother printing a photo of Craig Deare.:rolleyes:
Interesting video in middle of article with Lindsay "Well now honey I do de-clare!" Graham tough-talking about how "2017 is gonna be the year of kicking Russia in the ass".
To his credit, is LG the first (R.) to come out and say basically that Russia interfered with the elections, affecting mainly the democrats? "He[Trump] has yet to say that. I'll say that."
Huh - duuuuude.
heh or maybe he's the next to get speedily reassigned? (or in 2018?)

Guest-starring: Id! 02-20-2017 01:16 AM

Poor disrespected Donald - I seemed to overlook this speedy reassignment

Quote:

“My party in particular has allowed itself to be taken over by someone who claims to be a Republican but doesn’t represent any of our values, principles or traditions,” [canned HUD official Shermicheal Singleton*] wrote in The Hill in October 2016.

*neat name:o

ETA - viz a viz previous post I guess McCain has also been all over Trump about Russia. kudos.

Guest-starring: Id! 02-21-2017 10:33 AM

::baton handed?::

Whoa!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!Trump died in his sleep last night!!!!!!

er wait.........no, scratch that - that was just wishful thinking brought on by an unabated desire to see his innards implode from revelatory self-detestation.

and no wonder I can't fucking stand spell-check? - a red line under "revelatory".

Nava 02-21-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike (Post 20012752)
I'm gonna go over to the IMHO forum and start a thread entitled "Ladies! Would You Let Trump Give You Head?"

Maybe we could get a brave volunteer for a Judith of Bethulia scenario.

If that's the Judith, mind if the knife is electric? I'll admit to having somewhat of a power tools fetish (and which engineer doesn't?).

Elendil's Heir 02-23-2017 10:47 PM

The White House asked the FBI to downplay reports of Trump contacts with Russia; the FBI refused: http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politi...ies/index.html

And the CINC seems to not quite know what the word "military" means: http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politi...ary/index.html

:: pounds head against wall ::

BigAppleBucky 02-23-2017 11:37 PM

Trump family trips cost taxpayers $11.3m in one month – almost as much as Obama’s cost in a year

The three Mar-a-Lago trips in Palm Beach cost the federal treasury around $10m, based on figures used in an October government report analysing White House travel.

This includes cash for coast guards to patrol the exposed shoreline.

Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw also says it has cost local taxpayers $360,000 in police overtime for his three weekends in Florida since 20 January.

The Post also revealed it cost $88,320 to put secret service agents up in a hotel while son Eric Trump visited Uruguay to promote a Trump-brand condo tower.

etc. etc. etc.

The 70-year-old leader of the free world repeatedly criticized Mr. Obama for his taxpayer-funded travel during his tenure.

Happy Lendervedder 02-23-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAppleBucky (Post 20022915)
Trump family trips cost taxpayers $11.3m in one month – almost as much as Obama’s cost in a year

The three Mar-a-Lago trips in Palm Beach cost the federal treasury around $10m, based on figures used in an October government report analysing White House travel.

Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw also says it has cost local taxpayers $360,000 in police overtime for his three weekends in Florida since 20 January.

The Post also revealed it cost $88,320 to put secret service agents up in a hotel while son Eric Trump visited Uruguay to promote a Trump-brand condo tower.

etc. etc. etc.

The 70-year-old leader of the free world repeatedly criticized Mr. Obama for his taxpayer-funded travel during his tenure.

Yeah but that was different...

Monty 02-24-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

But now that Agent Orange is tarnishing the White House, he's petulantly bleating that the President of the United States is actually never on vacation. Funny how he figured that out when he's the one criticized, ain't it?

wguy123 02-24-2017 09:01 AM

He also complained via numerous tweets about the amount Obama golfed....

:smack:

running coach 02-24-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

etc. etc. etc.

So if Trump goes to Mar-A-lago every weekend*, that alone will cost 686 million for four years. Compared to Obama's horrifying 97 million for eight years.

*Yes, there will be times he won't go or he's on official business elsewhere.

Something else I haven't seen mentioned is the amount of time the travel portion takes out of a "workday". Monday and Friday every week.

BigAppleBucky 02-24-2017 09:52 AM

Seth Meyers

Defensive Indifference 02-24-2017 01:00 PM

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned in this or another Trump thread, but yesterday Trump said he wants to make sure the US is "at the top of the pack" in nuclear weapons. I guess what the world needs in these tense times is more nukes. The Ploughshares Fund estimates that Russia has 7000 warheads and the US has 6800. Great Scott! Do you mean to tell me the Russians can destroy 200 more cities than we can? This is unacceptable!

Trump also also said China could solve the national security challenge posed by North Korea "very easily if they want to." I don't know what he has in mind. But I'm guessing that China doesn't really like having an impoverished, batshit insane, nuclear armed dictatorship on its doorstep either and would rather the situation be different. That leads me to conclude that dealing with the DPRK is perhaps more complicated than Trump believes.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN1622IF

bobot 02-24-2017 03:01 PM

Fuck these guys.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...a-for-briefing

"The White House blocked a number of news outlets from covering spokesman Sean Spicer’s question-and-answer session on Friday afternoon.
Spicer decided to hold an off-camera “gaggle” with reporters inside his West Wing office instead of the traditional on-camera briefing in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room.
Among the outlets not permitted to cover the gaggle were news organizations President Trump has singled out for criticism, including CNN.
The New York Times, The Hill, Politico, BuzzFeed, the Daily Mail, BBC, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Daily News were among the other news organizations not permitted to attend.Journalists from several right-leaning outlets were allowed into Spicer’s office, including Breitbart, the Washington Times and One America News Network. "

I don't know about The Hill as a news organization, I saw this on the Google news feed.

slumtrimpet 02-24-2017 04:14 PM

Well, there's this chart but I can't commit to it's accuracy. The Hill is listed as "skews conservative, analytical".

bobot 02-24-2017 04:36 PM

Thanks, and just to clarify: By "fuck these guys" I meant Trump and his asshole bastards, not the news organization.

SteveG1 02-24-2017 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobot (Post 20024500)
Thanks, and just to clarify: By "fuck these guys" I meant Trump and his asshole bastards, not the news organization.

Well the news guys kept giving him free advertisement air time during the election, kept giving him a pass for all the crap he said and did, never brought his sordid past to light, and they are still mostly soft peddling and normalizing all his egregious shit, so yeah, fuck them too. They sold their souls for ratings and to make an "exciting horse race" out of the campaign, so again, fuck 'em. They helped make this monster.

Guest-starring: Id! 02-24-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobot (Post 20024289)

Quote:

The Wall Street Journal said in a statement that “had we known at the time, we would not have participated and we will not participate in such closed briefings in the future.”
Not sure if I want to speculate on the possible implications on such an action. That move could snowball in an ungainly manner.

Quote:

It’s highly unusual for White House staff to hand-pick outlets to attend daily, on-the-record briefings with spokespeople, which are typically open for all reporters to attend.
My bold. I had no luck - if anyone can ferret out anything about previous administrations pulling this shit, I'm curious. Certainly never been chancres like Breitbart, the Washington Times and One America News Network in a gaggle before, IIRC.

Monty 02-24-2017 10:04 PM

He is still an antisemitism, a hypocrite, a conspiracy theorist, a bigot, and a liar.

In the link, Trump is quoted:

Quote:

“The anti-Semitic threats targeting our Jewish community and community centers are horrible and are painful and a very sad reminder of the work that still must be done to root out hate and prejudice and evil,” the president said Tuesday.
WTF, Trump, you disgusting pile of discarded desiccated citrus peels? You ran on a platform of hatred and prejudice. You have surrounded yourself with other bigots whose evil is of the same cloth as yours. You disgraced the flag when you were dry-humping it on stage, and now you are embroiled in the most glaring example of how much of a Nazi--today's ultimate example of "hate and prejudice and evil"--you, personally, are: your continuing fight to flagrantly violate the constitution you hypocritically swore to uphold. You gave quite the momentum to the incredibly vile racist CT of birtherism, and when it became too hot for you to handle, instead of manning up and admitting birtherism is cut from whole cloth (care to guess what cloth?), you announced that you would no longer respond to questions about it and your support of it. And you got a pass on that from the very media you now villify! You have no concept of truth, justice, and the American way.

Show some actual concern for the United States of America and resign now. Then you, Bannon, and Duke can don your favorite headgear without screwing the country further. Hey, Black History Month isn't over yet. If you hurry, you can buy some new hoods at a white sale. You won't even have to j-----well, you know, don't you?

Monty 02-24-2017 10:15 PM

Darn Autocorrect! The link above should say "antisemite", not "antisemitism".

Elendil's Heir 02-24-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Fuck these guys.

"The White House blocked a number of news outlets from covering spokesman Sean Spicer’s question-and-answer session on Friday afternoon...."

Spicer had said just a few weeks (months?) ago that he would never exclude some news organizations from briefings and include others. Fucker.

standingwave 02-24-2017 11:22 PM

So much for states' rights, eh Donald?

Quote:

Washington (CNN) -- The White House said Thursday it expects law enforcement agents to enforce federal marijuana laws when they come into conflict with states where recreational use of the drug is permitted.

"I do believe you will see greater enforcement of it," White House press secretary Sean Spicer said regarding federal drug laws, which still list marijuana as an illegal substance.

That's a reversal from the Obama administration's stance, which laid out in an official memo that the federal government wouldn't interfere in states where nonmedical use of marijuana is allowed.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politi...ald-trump-pot/

Elendil's Heir 02-25-2017 11:49 AM

Trump proves his economics credentials are just as impressive as his military ones: https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...bt-i/21721587/

Euphonious Polemic 02-25-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Fuck these guys.

"The White House blocked a number of news outlets from covering spokesman Sean Spicer’s question-and-answer session on Friday afternoon.
Spicer decided to hold an off-camera “gaggle” with reporters inside his West Wing office instead of the traditional on-camera briefing in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room.
Among the outlets not permitted to cover the gaggle were news organizations President Trump has singled out for criticism, including CNN.
The New York Times, The Hill, Politico, BuzzFeed, the Daily Mail, BBC, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Daily News were among the other news organizations not permitted to attend.Journalists from several right-leaning outlets were allowed into Spicer’s office, including Breitbart, the Washington Times and One America News Network. "

I don't know about The Hill as a news organization, I saw this on the Google news feed.

The SCROTUS is simply using #alternativefacts. And really, who are you going to believe? Our Dear Leader, or some hippie fake guy from the newbie Brookings Institution. I mean who's ever heard of them?

Quote:

"I know of no senior American military officer who says 'I would like to trade American nuclear forces with anybody else,'" said Steven Pifer, director of arms control and nonproliferation at the Brookings Institution, who said he and other experts are "just not sure where Trump's getting his information."

Kamino Neko 02-25-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

The New York Times, The Hill, Politico, BuzzFeed, the Daily Mail, BBC, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Daily News were among the other news organizations not permitted to attend.

My emphasis... When the Daily Heil is too left-wing for you....

QuickSilver 02-26-2017 10:26 AM

Trump has GE's Immelt tell everyone about his hole in one.

enipla 02-26-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuickSilver (Post 20027702)

That's nothing. Kim Jong Un got 13 holes in one the first time he ever played golf1!!!11!!

And so it goes. The first thing to go in a dictatorship is the free press.

Freeing up marijuana laws to the states has created 7-10,000 jobs in Colorado. And 40 million dollars to build new public schools. Of course the AG won't consider that.

Huffington Post

From the above link - $40 million: The amount of marijuana tax revenue Colorado is devoting to public school construction in Colorado.

7,500-10,000: The estimated number of marijuana industry jobs that currently exist in Colorado, according to Michael Elliott, the Executive Director of the Marijuana Industry Group, a trade association that advocates for responsible marijuana regulation.

Monty 02-26-2017 03:07 PM

I thought it was Kim Jong-Il with the mythic golfing prowess.

standingwave 02-26-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty (Post 20028301)

I think all dictators tend to excel at their chosen sport. Golf, judo, etc.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Rick Kitchen 02-26-2017 03:50 PM

Santa Cruz police are angry that DHS lied to them about a gang sweep which was a cover for an immigration sweep, which the Santa Cruz police say they would not have participated in.

enipla 02-26-2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty (Post 20028301)

No, Jong-Il, like Trump are excellent gymnasts, you should see what they can do on the pommel horse.

(my apologies to anyone that will be eating in the next few hours, though I may have a new diet to suggest).

El_Kabong 02-26-2017 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuickSilver (Post 20027702)

Pfft. How many 300 games has he bowled?

Siam Sam 02-26-2017 06:21 PM

Now it's being announced Trump's pick for Navy Secretary is withdrawing his nomination, the second military pick to do so after the Army Secretary nominee earlier.

CNN is pointing out that news outlets reported a week ago the Navy guy was going to do this, prompting Sean Spicer to accuse everyone of more fake news.

SteveG1 02-26-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwisp (Post 20012970)
.... She sold her soul for money and she got cheated in the deal You can see it in her face every time The Donald Shitgibbon turns away from her. Look miserable, he turns around, big smile,rinse, repeat.

She is the living example of

"Beware what you ask for, you might get it".

SteveG1 02-26-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enipla (Post 20028107)
That's nothing. Kim Jong Un got 13 holes in one the first time he ever played golf1!!!11!!

And so it goes. The first thing to go in a dictatorship is the free press.

Freeing up marijuana laws to the states has created 7-10,000 jobs in Colorado. And 40 million dollars to build new public schools. Of course the AG won't consider that.

Huffington Post

From the above link - $40 million: The amount of marijuana tax revenue Colorado is devoting to public school construction in Colorado.

7,500-10,000: The estimated number of marijuana industry jobs that currently exist in Colorado, according to Michael Elliott, the Executive Director of the Marijuana Industry Group, a trade association that advocates for responsible marijuana regulation.

What happened to States Rights? :dubious:

running coach 02-26-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveG1 (Post 20028998)
What happened to States Rights? :dubious:

Those are only for discriminating against undesirables and promoting a state-sponsored religion.

SteveG1 02-26-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by running coach (Post 20029031)
Those are only for discriminating against undesirables and promoting a state-sponsored religion.

That's what I thought. Kinda like the way at one time, States Rights were used expressly for supporting slavery, or Jim Crow laws.