Straight Dope Message Board

Straight Dope Message Board (https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/index.php)
-   Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share (MPSIMS) (https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   A haunted TV in the MMP (https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=868507)

FairyChatMom 01-07-2019 05:04 AM

A haunted TV in the MMP

It's my first Moanday off on my new schedule. It has begun with the bedroom TV turning itself on 6 times within 30-ish minutes. WTF????

I've never really liked this TV anyway and now it's giving me a reason to toss it.

Yeah, yeah, happy Moanday...

Bosda Di'Chi of Tricor 01-07-2019 05:39 AM

Hmm--try pulling the blinds close.
It will block an infrared signal.

Filbert 01-07-2019 05:50 AM

We used to have a possessed PC; leave it on something like a word processor, pop out the room shutting the door, and when you came back there'd be a couple of extra letters and numbers you didn't write *cue spooky music*.

And no, we didn't have a cat. It never wrote anything that looked like a word.

Yet again, I'm sitting in waiting for this stoopit parcel, due in around an hour. It's a different delivery guy today, hopefully it's the guy who's been here before. Place bets now!

I dunno if I mentioned it, but the depot it's been in since Thursday is only 15 minutes away. Last time I got stuff from them, I wound up going round and getting it myself, but for some reason they no longer appear to allow that.

I should be heading off to play with my tiny plants, but I'm going to have to go late.

Spiderman 01-07-2019 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosda Di'Chi of Tricor (Post 21416078)

Or try putting the remote on the nightstand instead of rolling over it on the mattress. :smack: :D

FairyChatMom 01-07-2019 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosda Di'Chi of Tricor (Post 21416078)

Our house sits on a 3-acre lot and our bedroom faces the wooded back yard, which is fenced. I'm pretty sure no one is sneaking into our yard to screw with our TV, and the nearest houses are well beyond the range of a TV remote. If it was a garage door remote, you'd expect the TV to be turning on all the time, but it doesn't - just randomly, but never repeatedly like this morning.

The only logical explanation is demon possession!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ETA - the remote IS in the nightstand, facing away from the TV. It's demons. I tells ya!

carnivorousplant 01-07-2019 07:30 AM

There is another remote.

Sahirrnee 01-07-2019 07:44 AM

Happy Moonday!

It's a cloudy 30 degrees outside, predicted high of 37.

I didn't want to get up this morning, I's sleepy still.

Once when I was pet sitting, I was in the client's basement family room watching TV with the dogs. When I came upstairs, the upstairs TV was on. Kind of freaked me out because I knew other people had keys to the house and I didn't know if somebody else had been there. After it happened a few more times I figured out that the downstairs remote would turn on the upstairs TV. Why it didn't turn it off? My clients had just bought two new TVs that were the same model, and sometimes the remotes would affect both sets.

When I lived in the spooky house in Baltimore sometimes when I'd leave the room for something the TV would switch to a different channel.

I went through a time when I was in my teens when lights and clocks wouldn't work around me. My lights would come on in the middle of the night, my mother would turn them off and then ask me why I was sleeping with the light on. I wasn't leaving the light on. I gave up having a clock in my room. They'd stop working, until I gave them away, then they worked fine. Same thing with lamps, come on at random with me, worked fine for other people.

So another week starts.

swampbear 01-07-2019 07:56 AM

Good Morning Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. *YAWN* ‘Tis 47 Amurrkin out and N.O.S. with a predicted high of 71 for the day. I shall take puter in to find out what is wrong with it. Whatever it is will be the worst thing possible I am sure.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

peedin 01-07-2019 08:10 AM

I used to have a mysteriously flushing toilet. The ex finally fixed it. It's raining and upper 40s today. I don't have much to do at irk. And I don't care.

Spiderman 01-07-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyChatMom (Post 21416140)
ETA - the remote IS in the nightstand, facing away from the TV. It's demons. I tells ya!

Anything else on the nightstand you might access in a semi-comatose state? Was the clock-radio alarm set for 3am & you just didn't gain enough consciousness to remember turning it off? (Have you tried meditating to gain greater consciousness?) Any of the critters in there with you last night?

Have you suddenly gained the ability to get a 360° view of the room, Linda? :eek:

The Vorlon 01-07-2019 08:51 AM

When I was a young Bug Eyed Monster, mutter-mutter years ago, my parents TV had a remote that worked on sound. Turns out that the bells that attach to the infants shoelaces matched the frequency, so any time their little sprout kicked his feet, the TV would start changing channels.

Sahirrnee, my father worked in a location that had the distinction of having the locally generated power come in at 63Hz. Special motors on the clocks were required.

EmilyG 01-07-2019 08:54 AM

I've never had a possessed TV that turned itself on. But this morning I was listening to the radio, and they were talking about all sorts of AI devices that people have, and that they'll have in the future. Stuff like Alexa and other voice-activated things. I was thinking, "Who needs all this junk?"

Besides, I mumble and stutter so much that I'd be bad at activating things with my voice. (Though I did manage to work my conductor's Google Home, and in French.)

Serenata67 01-07-2019 09:51 AM

My daughter's alarm clock radio sometimes turns itself on randomly. It's eerie to just randomly hear static coming from another room. It doesn't do it often, and she loves her princess clock... so I think it's sticking around.

It's 36 and rainy today... that cold, miserably, barely-not-snow kind of rain that freezes and makes black ice everywhere. I wish I were still in bed.

MRI is scheduled, but they couldn't get me in until January 24 since they need to do one with contrast and they only do that first thing in the morning. Actually, they could have gotten me in earlier that week, but it was the one morning that I have early meetings I can't miss. Well, whatever it is, it had better not kill me in the next two and a half weeks.

FairyChatMom 01-07-2019 09:51 AM

For 5 of the 6 times, I was awake, playing a stupid game on my tablet, and no, the tablet doesn't turn the TV on and off. No critters in the room - we lock them out. Nothing being touched accidentally. Everyone else in the house was asleep - even Roxy.

It's demons, I tells ya!!! DEMONS!!!!!!!

kopek 01-07-2019 09:59 AM

Since I'm already well down the page lets start with one from last week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 21415709)

Maybe if you'd Snuggle with him...

Naaaah ----- I try to live my life cling free.

OK ------- now that I have that out of my system

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyChatMom (Post 21416061)
It's my first Moanday off on my new schedule. It has begun with the bedroom TV turning itself on 6 times within 30-ish minutes. WTF????

I am not saying you are claiming this to be beyond the veil but ...... we have had some odd situations with electrical things over the years but I don't rate those as paranormal the way I do some more physical events. One that crossed the line though was actually the first day we moved here. The two of us and two hunting buddies of mine were taking a break when the phone started ringing. Problem was it wasn't plugged in to anything so where was the juice coming from? This is like 1982 and an old-style phone even by the standards of the day. It rang a few times, we all basically stared at it, it stopped and we all laughed. It rang again and my one buddy picked it up and said hello; it was dead of course. We all still laughed but wrote it off as really odd. Over the years, once a few more things happened, in retrospect, I just wonder ................

kopek 01-07-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyChatMom (Post 21416140)

The only logical explanation is demon possession!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Have FCD stop by the local shop and buy some Gremlin Bells to hide around the house? Its worked darn well on the Road Kow.

FairyChatMom 01-07-2019 10:12 AM

To be clear - I don't suspect paranormal involvement with my idiot TV. I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation. I'm just ticked off at being awakened on my day off. Stoopit TV.

But it could be DEMONS!!!!

kopek 01-07-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahirrnee (Post 21416206)
When I lived in the spooky house in Baltimore sometimes when I'd leave the room for something the TV would switch to a different channel.

Since TVs have been mentioned a few times ------ back when the Old Wench was young they had an old tube set that would turn on/off or change channels by itself; rarely but it happened. It was a cheap model and never had a remote; just those physical knobs you had to turn. It was still in the attic of her folks place when we were cleaning it out. We did NOT keep it but that was mostly because it didn't work at all anymore.

Look ------ you marry someone whose last name is "Ghost", you have to accept some things and just move on. :D

kopek 01-07-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyChatMom (Post 21416492)
To be clear - I don't suspect paranormal involvement with my idiot TV. I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation. I'm just ticked off at being awakened on my day off. Stoopit TV.

Wait --------- I have it all figured out! Given where you live and the fact that you know Doggio ------ it is those darn New Jersey Devils!!!!!!!

Spiderman 01-07-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kopek (Post 21416468)
Since I'm already well down the page lets start with one from last week.

Naaaah ----- I try to live my life cling free.

OK ------- now that I have that out of my system

Do ya have to Shout® about it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kopek (Post 21416504)
Wait --------- I have it all figured out! Given where you live and the fact that you know Doggio ------ it is those darn New Jersey Devils!!!!!!!

But, but, but, she's in Merrylande, which is much closer to where the ::shudder:: Washington Senators are. (I mean the scary idjits in Congress, not the baseball players). :eek:

Knowed Out 01-07-2019 11:18 AM

Speaking of possessed TVs, I had a near Steven King moment yesterday.

I attended my aunt Jo's funeral in the western NC mountains. It was a beautiful day, mid 60's, and everything went fine, until the burial.

A few weeks earlier, that area of the country had been immersed in snow, then rains came and washed the white stuff away, but precipitation largely continued, leaving the ground saturated. I rode in the limo with the rest of the family, and when we got there, the platform was ready for us to load the coffin on top. We did so, and sat in the folding chairs the cemetery provided. If it weren't for the carpet they laid under the chairs, I would have sunk into the ground.

The minister gave a few readings, and as she did so, I could hear "crack crack crack" noises beside her. Right as she was finishing, the corner of the platform next to her collapsed, and the coffin fell. Luckily, only the corner next to the minister hit the ground. The minister grabbed the corner with one hand while holding her bible with the other. The funeral directors came running up to stabilize the coffin, and the minister hurriedly added "OK, service over!" The funeral people looked aghast, and I asked "Need any help?" Jo's daughter added "We got pallbearers right here!" At least the coffin didn't flop open and throw my aunt's body out.

Nobody in the family was really upset. It was obviously an accident, and it could have been far worse. The funeral directors were deathly embarrassed, and held on the coffin while the cemetery workers drove an excavator up. We took the limo back while they tidied up. On the way back, I remarked how Jo had always been careful in life and didn't have any physical mishaps that I could remember. Bad luck finally caught up with her.

kaylasdad99 01-07-2019 11:24 AM

Okay, I just cleaned the kitchen from Kayla's dinner preparation last night, and sat down in front of FB to see what's what. My niece had just posted the following about her two sons, ages (approx. 6 y.o. and 3 y.o.):
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylascousin
I just walked in on 6 y.o. yelling "cunt" at 3 y.o.. I was shocked and angry. I showed my shock and anger. I showed it well. Apparently 3 y.o. kept saying UPtinue instead of CONtinue and 6 y.o. was trying to correct him...I am now stuck explaining to my kids why "continue" is a bad word.

I guess stopping at one kid wasn't the dumbest thing kaylasmom and I ever did.

kaylasdad99 01-07-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampbear (Post 21416221)
Good Morning Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. *YAWN* ‘Tis 47 Amurrkin out and N.O.S. with a predicted high of 71 for the day. I shall take puter in to find out what is wrong with it. Whatever it is will be the worst thing possible I am sure.

Can't be the WORST thing possible. It's not screwing with your ability to post to the Dope...

kopek 01-07-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 (Post 21416624)

I guess stopping at one kid wasn't the dumbest thing kaylasmom and I ever did.

Reminds me of the time when the OW and I were riding my Gramma Rose somewhere and talking; she was in the back seat as she preferred. I forget just what we were talking about or the OW asked me but I replied "Oh --- that was the Crummie neighbors" when I suddenly felt this massive WACK across the back of my head.

I glanced in the mirror and asked Gramma what was wrong and she said "That's no way to talk about your neighbors! I'm sure they are good people!"

"But Gramma ----- that's their name. C-R-U-M-M-I-E!"

:D

The Stainless Steel Rat 01-07-2019 12:44 PM

No haunting of electronics in my place; the times my alarm has gone off is when I set it wrong and my tv goes on and off when I press the buttons (sometimes inadvertently, I admit).

FCM, Maybe it's the plumbing? In which case, be careful: https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2001-04-20 (side note: "Schlock Mercenary" is my all time favorite on-line comic)

KO, your story is somewhere between appalling and uproarious. Thank you for sharing.

Slept in to 7:30 this morning and have been out and about. It's N.O.S. and 2/3 beast outside (66F) so might even take a walk this afternoon. Or not...

Bumbazine 01-07-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kopek (Post 21416752)
Reminds me of the time when the OW and I were riding my Gramma Rose somewhere and talking; she was in the back seat as she preferred. I forget just what we were talking about or the OW asked me but I replied "Oh --- that was the Crummie neighbors" when I suddenly felt this massive WACK across the back of my head.

I glanced in the mirror and asked Gramma what was wrong and she said "That's no way to talk about your neighbors! I'm sure they are good people!"

"But Gramma ----- that's their name. C-R-U-M-M-I-E!"

You RODE your gramma around? :eek: You're lucky she didn't buck you off into the ditch. Woulda served you right too!

Our previous living room TV used to turn itself off occasionally, but would usually turn itself back on if I wiggled the power cord where it went into the back of the TV. I thought about taking it apart and re-soldering all the connections in there, but we ended up buying a new UHD TV instead.

My iphone, on the other hand, IS haunted. One time I was sitting on the couch and had set my phone down on the coffee table in front of me about 20 min. earlier, when I heard a little voice saying "Hello?" My phone had dialed someone completely on it's own. From the home screen. Another time it sent Wifey the message "I am scared." while in my pocket. :eek:

I think it has a whole 'nother life away from me.

Spiderman 01-07-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knowed Out (Post 21416613)
The funeral directors were deathly embarrassed

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 (Post 21416640)
Can't be the WORST thing possible. It's not screwing with your ability to post to the Dope...

No, his lack of ability to post to the Dope would hardly be the worst thing possible. Wait, was that in my out-loud voice type? :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumbazine (Post 21416954)
Another time it sent Wifey the message "I am scared." while in my pocket. :eek:

I have a friend whose ringtone is this little kid voice, "Let me out of your pocket!" :D

Sahirrnee 01-07-2019 01:59 PM

I used to have a bumper sticker that said '333 - I'm only half evil'.

Ruble - my TV was an old one too, although not that old. I did have to get up and walk across the room to change the channel. I'm pretty sure it was a color set, I still had an old black and white set in the bedroom at that house.

Anyway, it wasn't the TV there, it was the house. Lots of weird stuff in that house. One day I was talking to the woman who moved in after I moved out and asked her if she ever noticed anything strange about the house. I can still remember the look of relief on her face. She said she thought she was going crazy. I knew the feeling. We started comparing notes and had had many of the same experiences.

Years ago (in the 70s early 80s) one of my co-workers got involved with some weird church. She'd bring in tapes of the sermons for me to listen to and I remember in one of them the preacher said that all rock musicians sold their souls to the devil and that all their albums came with a demon attached to them to make people like the music. Essentially, if you brought the album into your home, you were bringing in a demon with it. I remember two of the musicians he named were Elton John, and I believe it was the Carpenters, if not the Carpenters, then somebody else in that genre. I thought wow, if the preacher thinks they are bad, wait until he hears about Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, and Led Zeppelin. Anyway, my co-worker wasn't too amused when I said I guess I had about 40 demons attached to the albums in my closet.

If it's true I have way more than 40 by now. However, since they don't eat much, don't shed, don't shit in the house, and don't keep me up at night, I'm not sure why it's a problem.
Better than bats, and mice, and squirrels.

I've heard that offerings of chocolate/milk/alcohol can appease demons, so perhaps you should lay out something for them when you go to bed tonight FCM. Well, maybe not alcohol, if they are obnoxious when sober, they'll probably even more so when drunk.

Hope your puter gets fixed soon Swampy.

carnivorousplant 01-07-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat (Post 21416822)
It's N.O.S. and 2/3 beast outside (66F) so might even take a walk this afternoon. Or not...

To give the Devil his due, 2/3 of 666 is 444.

Beckdawrek 01-07-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

I agree it's those demons. Call a priest and have it exorcised. Be sure and film it.This sounds like something that would happen at my house. Stoopit crap happens!

carnivorousplant 01-07-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckdawrek (Post 21417011)
I agree it's those demons. Call a priest and have it exorcised. Be sure and film it.This sounds like something that would happen at my house. Stoopit crap happens!

What, the Priest is going to make it run laps?

Beckdawrek 01-07-2019 02:52 PM

Not exercised, EXORCISED. Am i spelling it wrong? :)

Spiderman 01-07-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnivorousplant (Post 21417063)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckdawrek (Post 21417092)

Get out & go running?

carnivorousplant 01-07-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckdawrek (Post 21417092)

No, you are not.

Filbert 01-07-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnivorousplant (Post 21417063)

I dunno, it'd get rid of me if someone tried that.

Parcel finally arrived, tiny plants inspected and poked at. Skool starts back up on Wednesday, so tomorrow's the very last day of Christmas for me.

carnivorousplant 01-07-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filbert (Post 21417129)
I dunno, it'd get rid of me if someone tried that.

Well, yeah.

I got vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals.

nightshadea 01-07-2019 03:51 PM

xmas stuff exorcised from the house sat on hold for 90 minutes and didn't talk to health insurance people will have to try later ,,,,,and the whole side of my face hurts from either an ear or tooth infection....since im in between doctors just might find an urgent care since im still covered until the 28th ,,,,,,, or get pliers and a drill and DIY it …..

will keep yall informed ….

Filbert 01-07-2019 03:56 PM

It would also hopefully help stop all that irritating unhealthy groaning and stuff. Or make it worse. Could go either way.

Though being haunted by an obnoxious health demon would be the absolute worst. Like an immortal gym teacher that can see through walls and things. 'Too hot to exercise, hey? Well, let me tell you what too hot to run looks like...'

FairyChatMom 01-07-2019 04:23 PM

You spelled it fine - just ignore flytrap!

Frankly, I don't much like this particular TV anyway, so I may break down and buy another. It's not like they're expensive... I see lots listed for under $100. But it's not urgent. Worst case, I'll unplug the damned thing. Except I like to turn it on before I get up to hear the weather and find out if the grand high Cheeto has been abducted by aliens yet.

Supper was tuna steak, cauliflower, and peas-n-carrots. We'll have peach crisp later. And it's back to work tomorrow. I need the rest after a day of Roxy! :D

Beckdawrek 01-07-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnivorousplant (Post 21417156)
Well, yeah.

I got vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals.

Oh, I get it now. Sometimes it takes me a minute.:)
ETA don't feel bad, I go through life with rose colored glasses.

Serenata67 01-07-2019 04:56 PM

These stories of possessed appliances are amusing. Ya know, when they're not happening to me!

Going to get my oil changed on the way home from work. My car is yelling at me that it's due, and Romeo is home with the kiddos, making dinner. We're having fish and chips and mushy peas. It's my daughter's favorite meal. Her father is a rather skilled French chef, who does well with all sorts of exotic and delicious cuisine, and her favorite meal is freaking British food.

Though I will admit, fish and chips (and chip butties) are delicious.

The Stainless Steel Rat 01-07-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnivorousplant (Post 21417005)
To give the Devil his due, 2/3 of 666 is 444.

Well, you see flytrap, I was using Meatloaf math (Cause 2 out of 3 ain't bad).

Juliet, you get one one of those pretty engine lights on the dash, or does the car actually talk (these days, it's hard to tell what limits cars have). Anyway, mine was done last week so hopefully we won't break down anytime soon.

Shady, DIY on your teeth is not recommended past the string and pull stages of baby teeth... Hopes for feeling better and actually talking to a insurace rep tomorrow.

Sari, I remember those old fire-n-brimstone preachers too; guess I'll be in Hell with you considering my collection, but we'll have so many of our friends there we won't even notice...

I don't have any haunted appliances, but last week I heard an audible THUMP whiuch sounded like something had hit the roof, but on inspection, there was nothing on the roof, nothing on the ground around the roof, and nothing inside had fallen over. It is a puzzlement.

Nothing much else for the day, nappage was completed so I can watch the College tackleball game (I suspect it is a state statute here in Ali-bama that you have to watch the game if Alabama is in it).

All y'all take care.

missred 01-07-2019 06:25 PM

Mooooom, Sis once had a microwave that turned itself on several times. She quickly pulled the plug and took it out to the driveway so's not to catch her house on fire.

wet one, I once heard a commode flush in the middle of the night. I had just moved into a place by myself and it frightened me enough to grab a ball bat to go investigate. Turned out, it was the cat who loooooooved to watch the swirly when I would flush and figured out how to do it herself. :p

Juliet, my car goes in for its first oil change next week. You've reminded me that I need to schedule the appointment.

I got all but one of the year end reports done today. I actually finished the one that my manager threw at me as a special request that had some kinks in it, but will wait to double check it in the morning before releasing it. It hit 70F here today, but it's still damp and therefore chilly. Got a load of clothes in the dryer and will work on the craft for the heathen children for Sunday tonight.

swampbear 01-07-2019 07:00 PM

Howdy Y’all! Puter has a fried hard drive. Now I have to decide what to do. Maybe a demon ate the hard drive.

I cleaned da cave today and made a pot roast with baby carrots and N.O.T., squishes, corn bread and banana bread for sup. I read all but retained little, so yays, boos, hugs, boogies, trouts, chitlins and how you doin’s all around as needed.

Buttercup Smith 01-07-2019 07:14 PM

I read on Facebook last week of someone else whose TV was turning itself on.

Boy oh boy what a day. My building has a small gym. A camper lady advertised that she was going to hold fitness classes there with no prior permission. The audacity. First of all we have a fitness department and one cannot schedule events in our buildings Willy Nilly. So since I have been home I have been posting instructions on the campers’ pages. And it has morphed now to the guy who fixes bikes, the generator repairman, the RV detailer and the person cutting hair in a bath house. None of these services are free. They are all gonna hate me as I told them the rules and suggested they contact the JAG ( Navy Lawyer). It is not permitted to do ANYTHING on Federal property for personal gain.

I irked until 1400 and came home and walked my boy. He is so good. And he needed to go. I had a weird night last night. I went to sleep too early and awoke at 0230 thinking it was time to get up. Five minutes later I was sneezing up a storm. Not fun to have a sinus attack at 0230.

I am tired now but will force myself to stay up a while longer in hopes that I will sleep all night. I am going to watch the football game as long as I can. Roll Tide.

Happy New Week everyone.

carnivorousplant 01-07-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyChatMom (Post 21417265)
Supper was tuna steak, cauliflower, and peas-n-carrots.

Dear G-d.

dogbutler 01-07-2019 08:53 PM

Worked, came home, walked Gordie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filbert (Post 21416084)
We used to have a possessed PC; leave it on something like a word processor, pop out the room shutting the door, and when you came back there'd be a couple of extra letters and numbers you didn't write *cue spooky music*.

My wireless printer will sometimes print...4 days after I hit the print button.:dubious:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordie
IT IS THE INVISIBLE MOLE PEOPLE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kopek (Post 21416504)

I'll drive 'em out with my Cane.

kopek 01-07-2019 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumbazine (Post 21416954)
You RODE your gramma around? :eek: You're lucky she didn't buck you off into the ditch. Woulda served you right too!

She was ------ something. For a while I only had two wheels and she needed a ride to bingo. She she hiked a pair of tights under her normal house-dress and climbed up on the back of my FLH. She was about 89 at the time, less pounds than that and maybe somewhat under 5 feet; spunky old Baba. Just my luck I pull up at an intersection across from a couple guys I knew from the local gang. They just had to turn and follow to see if possibly whatever they were taking currently was "bad". She said howdy and talked to them with the same respect she would have showed anyone ------- and ended up promising to make the one officer some home-made bread. She did ----- and had me deliver it.

Cops, crooks, hoods and saints ------ everyone around the area knew Rosa and 96% liked the hell out of her. God forbid anyone tried to hurt her. One guy did try to snatch her purse when she was a kid of say 80 and she laid him out with her purse; that had five pounds of shot in a sock inside it. Cops tuned him up somewhat on the way to jail and then placed him in the cells where half the people there continued to tune him along.

She was something alright.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahirrnee (Post 21417000)

Anyway, it wasn't the TV there, it was the house. Lots of weird stuff in that house.

Same in this place. Most we know is the OWs Gramma but one thing I really believe is Rosa. The odd thing is that it makes us feel good, not bad, even if the odd event here and there is a little creepy. Being 99% sure we know the source makes it easy. And that we accept it all helps some of the people who have stayed with us; especially Melissa and Jen. Now my lately departed friend DJ -------- after one little thing she never would come back here again. But that's OK; we still got to see her enough.

kopek 01-07-2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyChatMom (Post 21417265)
You spelled it fine - just ignore flytrap!

Who? Oh --- him. I thought he had stopped posting. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogbutler (Post 21417712)

I'll drive 'em out with my Cane.

It gets those damn whippersnappers out of my yard. :D

GuanoLad 01-08-2019 04:57 AM

I've had a crusty chunky throat the last couple of days. I don't feel unwell, it's just been very phlegm-ridden. I hope it's temporary, but I'm a little worried because it's just so unlike me.

Also, on another note, am a bit annoyed that good things cost money, and cheap things suck and fall apart so easily.