Straight Dope Message Board

Straight Dope Message Board (https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/index.php)
-   Politics & Elections (https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Vice Presidential [2020] candidates (https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=891136)

Pleonast 03-05-2020 02:50 PM

Vice Presidential [2020] candidates

Let's speculate about who will be the vice presidential candidates picks.

Trump: current Vice President Pence has zero charisma. But he's obsequious and shores up the administration's support among Christian theocrats. The administration cannot afford to lose that support. I don't see him being replaced unless the pandemic response becomes a political liability. The problem for Trump is that if things are bad enough that Pence gets dumped, the election has probably already been lost.

Democrats: I think the best vice presidential candidates are JuliŠn Castro, Kamala Harris, and Stacey Abrams. The ticket will need color and youth. For Bernie, I'd recommend Castro, for Biden I'd say Abrams. But I think any of the pairings work well. I don't think it matters the exact policies of the vice-prez candidate; they'll echo the prez candidate. The important thing is that the vice presidential candidate can pull in votes and not abandon an office that might flip Republican.

iiandyiiii 03-05-2020 02:54 PM

It ABSOLUTELY should (and probably MUST) be a woman. There's no excuse that we haven't had a woman VP (or Prez, for that matter). This kind of thing never changes until decisions are made specifically to frickin' change it!

Locrian 03-05-2020 02:55 PM

For Biden, Warren should be first. Kamala Harris would also be a good one. I think young voters who want more gun control may like Harris in there.

And I have a question. Why wait to announce who your running mate is until after the nomination? Wouldn't picking a good one now bring more voters to a primary? Seems like if Biden or Sanders picked someone like Warren today, wouldn't that help bury the other candidate?

SuntanLotion 03-05-2020 02:57 PM

Yes, I second Julian Castro.

Do Not Taunt 03-05-2020 03:29 PM

I think Abrams is best for all three (Sanders, Biden, and Trump.) For Sanders and Biden, she injects youthful vigor and competence into the campaign. For Sanders in particular, she will help with the black voters where he seems to have a complete inability to connect. And he cannot afford to have a Castro on his ticket after his 60 Minutes interview.

Also, I think Abrams would take it. She wants to be president, and VP is still a reasonable, if inconsistent, step to that.

ISiddiqui 03-05-2020 03:31 PM

I have thought for a loooong time that Biden would pick Amy Klobuchar to solidify the upper Midwest. Tammy Baldwin, the Senator from Wisconsin, can work as well - though her being openly lesbian probably would be somewhat risky. It would, on some level, be fighting the last election, but I think it would also be a relatively wise move as well.

Telemark 03-05-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locrian (Post 22173848)
For Biden, Warren should be first.

Warren is an awful choice for Biden. Two 70+ year old white east coasters is not a balanced ticket.

Rick Kitchen 03-05-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISiddiqui (Post 22173884)
I have thought for a loooong time that Biden would pick Amy Klobuchar to solidify the upper Midwest. Tammy Baldwin, the Senator from Wisconsin, can work as well - though her being openly lesbian probably would be somewhat risky. It would, on some level, be fighting the last election, but I think it would also be a relatively wise move as well.

What about Tammy Duckworth?

MortSahlFan 03-05-2020 03:34 PM

Younger female.

ISiddiqui 03-05-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen (Post 22173889)
What about Tammy Duckworth?

I don't know if an Illinois Senator gives the same bump in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania (not to mention Ohio). I also thought that while she is new in the job, Governor Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan is not a bad choice - she won the Governor race by 10 points in late 2018. And she just endorsed Biden.

Saint Cad 03-05-2020 03:44 PM

With age being an issue for both men, I think part of the vetting process should be, "Will the voters see XXXXXXX as President when YYYYYY dies."

If I am betting for value, I will put up Gretchen Whitmer.

2ManyTacos 03-05-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuntanLotion (Post 22173852)
Yes, I second Julian Castro.

The wackadoo who jujitsu'd every Dem candidate save Biden into supporting quite possibly the most politically toxic campaign position - decriminalizing unauthorized immigration - should be nowhere near the VP slot.

The VP should be Yang fwiw.

Bijou Drains 03-05-2020 04:12 PM

I think it will be a younger woman for Biden. Harris main downside is she's from CA which is not a problem for Dems. He may want someone from the midwest like Duckworth.

Happy Lendervedder 03-05-2020 04:20 PM

Biden doesn't need anyone to help him win the Midwest, nor does he need another moderate on the ticket. Klobuchar is painfully boring and wouldn't help him win the states he needs. He actually needs to add a little oomph to the ticket, someone that brings energy across the Democratic spectrum and the geographical landscape. He already brings moderate, industrial Midwest, and normalcy to the ticket. He needs to spice it up a little (but not too much).

Abrams or Warren would do that just fine. Maybe Kamala, but I've never been crazy about her.

That Don Guy 03-05-2020 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iiandyiiii (Post 22173847)
It ABSOLUTELY should (and probably MUST) be a woman. There's no excuse that we haven't had a woman VP (or Prez, for that matter). This kind of thing never changes until decisions are made specifically to frickin' change it!

Keep in mind that this is the party that let the assault weapons ban expire as it was convinced that it is what cost Gore the 2000 election ("the version I heard was," it is the only plausible explanation they have for Gore losing both his own home state and President Clinton's). I bring that up because I wonder how many party diehards blame Geraldine Ferraro for Mondale losing as badly as he did in 1984.

However, if they really want a woman VP, here's a name nobody seems to have brought up: Dianne Feinstein. The only problem with her is, she's from California, and usually the VP choice is from a state that the party needs help winning. Then again, that would "disqualify" Kamala Harris as well.

Damuri Ajashi 03-05-2020 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iiandyiiii (Post 22173847)

Or we can just try to win the election and pick a woman if she is the running mate to achieve that goal.

Who made the decision to elect a black president in 2008? Didn't we just pick the best candidate?

JKellyMap 03-05-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ManyTacos (Post 22173927)
The wackadoo who jujitsu'd every Dem candidate save Biden into supporting quite possibly the most politically toxic campaign position - decriminalizing unauthorized immigration - should be nowhere near the VP slot.

NotEnoughTacos? ;)

Chronos 03-05-2020 04:42 PM

Whoever's going to be at the top of the ticket at this point, it's going to be someone very old. The VP's primary, and very nearly only, job description is to take over when the President dies or otherwise becomes incapable. So the VP in this case absolutely must be someone young.

I think that saying that "the VP should be a woman" or "the VP should be nonwhite" is just as big a mistake as "the VP should be a man" or "the VP should be white". Take whoever's best, regardless of sex or race. That said, some of the strongest contenders out there are in fact women and/or non-white.

Beyond being young, I think that the candidates' needs are somewhat different. If it's Biden, then he needs someone who's exciting and tenacious. My preference would be Tammy Duckworth, but there are others who could also fill the bill.

On the other hand, Sanders would need someone just the opposite: Someone viewed as traditional (by Democratic standards) and level-headed. I'm not as familiar with many politicians by that description-- Ideas?

Damuri Ajashi 03-05-2020 04:46 PM

Kamala Harris?

Am I the only one that remembers her calling Biden a racist on national television?

Bijou Drains 03-05-2020 05:01 PM

Bush went after Reagan pretty hard in 1980 but ended up his running mate.

iiandyiiii 03-05-2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi (Post 22173987)
Or we can just try to win the election and pick a woman if she is the running mate to achieve that goal.

These aren't in conflict. And "just try to win" or "just pick the best candidate" means that 99% of the time it will just happen to be a white man. The only times things like this change is when purposeful and specific decisions are made.

Bijou Drains 03-05-2020 05:15 PM

Sarah Palin has experience as a running mate :)

Pleonast 03-05-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi (Post 22173987)

Who made the decision to elect a black president in 2008? Didn't we just pick the best candidate?

This is a speculation thread. Who do you think would a good vice presidential running mate for any of the likely candidates?

FlikTheBlue 03-05-2020 05:29 PM

If the question is who I think will be the VP nominee, hereís my predictions.

Trump will stick with Pence.

Biden will probably pick Klobuchar.

Sanders, assuming he gets to that point or if he pulls a Ted Cruz, will probably go with Gabbard.

KrisSteven 03-05-2020 05:37 PM

I believe that Nikki Haley would be a viable replacement for Pence, and will bring in women voters. Evangelicals are unlikely to turn away from republicans for a party going further left.

For Biden, I would assume he will pick a woman or man of color...or Beto. And if you remember, 2016n Bernie had Tulsi, and she is still around. That will be his pick if he gets the nomination, and if he does not I would be looking for an Independent ticket with big names on it.

Moriarty 03-05-2020 07:43 PM

Agreed about Nikki Haley for Trump, but that requires him to dump Pence, and that would be admitting to a mistake, so itís not likely. Then again, if Pence fucks up the corona virus response enough...Trump is nothing if unpredictable.

On the Dem side, Iím going to jump ahead and guess that Biden is the nominee. While Iíd love to see him pair with Warren, I agree that two septuagenarians together is not a good idea. But Biden should pick a woman, Iím just not sure who. I think Klobuchar is angling for the role, but Iím not a fan.

Any thoughts on New Mexico Governor Michelle Grisham? Sheís Latino, but I donít know much else about her. (I note that, when googling her name, I saw that Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer is ďtrendingĒ; she might be the way to bet here).

Rick Kitchen 03-05-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlikTheBlue (Post 22174080)
If the question is who I think will be the VP nominee, hereís my predictions.

Trump will stick with Pence.

Biden will probably pick Klobuchar.

Sanders, assuming he gets to that point or if he pulls a Ted Cruz, will probably go with Gabbard.

What does Gabbard offer to the ticket?

Dinsdale 03-05-2020 09:17 PM

I like Abrams. Also thought of Harris, but the damned Senate is so important, I'd hesitate to remove any sitting candidates - tho I imagine a Dem replacement in Calif would be a safe bet.

I SO want to see more youth and diversity in national offices. If we get a Dem pres, I hope they work hard at advancing the younger members of the party through appointments.

The frightened part of me fears if too many misogynists/racists would use a woman - especially of color - as an excuse to vote orange. I hate even thinking that, but I don't trust enough of my fellow citizens.

dalej42 03-05-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Don Guy (Post 22173970)
Keep in mind that this is the party that let the assault weapons ban expire as it was convinced that it is what cost Gore the 2000 election ("the version I heard was," it is the only plausible explanation they have for Gore losing both his own home state and President Clinton's). I bring that up because I wonder how many party diehards blame Geraldine Ferraro for Mondale losing as badly as he did in 1984.

However, if they really want a woman VP, here's a name nobody seems to have brought up: Dianne Feinstein. The only problem with her is, she's from California, and usually the VP choice is from a state that the party needs help winning. Then again, that would "disqualify" Kamala Harris as well.

The Bernie bros hate Feinstein and she wouldnít bring much to the ticket.

Ferraro was completely a token and set back women. But, Mondale winning an extra state or two wouldnít have mattered. Now, if weíd picked Gary Hart....

DSeid 03-05-2020 09:51 PM

First is having a VP who is appropriate for the job - I'd look for early sixties tops, and some significant experience resume of their own, not too far off from the presidential candidate ideologically. That is a must.

Second is helping win.

That could be helping deliver 2 or 3% in the VP's home state if it is a potentially critical in the balance state, or one you want to reach for and at least make them work hard to defend.

That could be by signaling to an important demographic (or intersectionally, demographics), either to increase their turnout (Black, women, Hispanic, the more progressive wing so long as still not too far from Biden ideologically), or conversely to go on offense in a strong demographic for Trump decreasing the margin in that group and maybe decreasing their excitement (rural voters for example).

That could be by their skill as a campaigner in the role, such as being able to be the potent attack dog, leaving the top of the ticket to emphasize the more hope and optimism messaging.

Third is grooming someone to run after, be it in eight or four years.

Not sure Stacy Abrams' stint as minority leader of a state General Assembly and a losing governor's bid is enough to meet item one. But she might help make Georgia competitive and give Doug Jones a chance at keeping the seat.

Both Klobuchar and Baldwin could help with some key states, and not only their own MN and WI respectively. They'd each also help signal the importance of women and rural voters in general. Baldwin is deep in rural expertise and moreover is a progressive who is mainstream enough to be compatible with Biden and signals to those voters that they are important too. Both risk Senate seats though.

Harris bring no state or region with her but intersectionally signals to woman and Black voters, while also being just a bit more progessive than Biden. She also be the best in the attack dog role ... yes she could prosecute the case against Trump well, and would destroy Pence in any debate.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan is good on paper but her response to the state of the union was a failed audition. Horrible.

Castro no.

Corey Booker? Deval Patrick? They'd both be fine. But I don't think they deliver much extra turnout nor are great as VP campaigners.

Warren too old for this cycle, not quite compatible enough, and needed in the Senate.

Another rural Midwestern progressive, Sherrod Brown, also needed in the Senate, but could help put Ohio in play.

And last boring white guy but qualified and helps bring the possibly needed two to three percent to his home state of Colorado - Michael Bennet.

I'd go with Harris as my first choice, Baldwin number two, Stacy Abrams three, and Michael Bennet four.

psychobunny 03-05-2020 10:15 PM

I am going on record to say that Feinstein will never be the choice. She doesn't add anything, she doesn't help in any swing states and the truth is that she's 86! She would be over 90 at the end of one term.

Paul in Qatar 03-05-2020 10:25 PM

I would pay money to see Pete Buttigieg debate Mike Pence.

Aspenglow 03-05-2020 10:34 PM

I don't care who Trump picks. I will say I doubt Haley would accept it if asked. Why should she tarnish any future opportunities she may have?

If Biden, I'm fairly sure it will be Klobuchar. As has already been pointed out, she helps him with the industrial mid-west. She's a decent campaigner, an experienced senator, ticks the 'woman' box and is young enough to provide relief over concerns about Biden's age. During the debates, I noticed there were 2 people who never attacked Biden and in fact gave him an assist or two: Buttegieg and Klobuchar. Biden seems immensely comfortable with both of them, but Klobuchar has actual relationships with members of the Senate. He needs and wants her help in those industrial upper midwest states. Joe has got the south locked up. Who are the coasts going to vote for? Trump?

Biden mentioned Harris early on as a potential running mate, but she rather huffily said she was only interested in the top job. She attacked him during the first debate (that's what sank her, IMO). She later mentioned she'd be open to the VP position after all. But she'd bring little to the ticket. Besides, she's the perfect choice for Attorney General. Biden will put her there, I think, if she wants it. Her senate seat is in safe hands with Gavin Newsom appointing the interim replacement.

If it's Bernie, I can see him offering the VP position to someone equally progressive and a woman if possible. Not Warren. Too old and too independent. No president wants a VP who will outshine him in the job. So... Ayanna Pressley? She's young and ticks the 'woman of color' box. Other than Pressley, I have no clue. If he asked Stacey Abrams, I doubt she'd accept. She wants her future to be working from within the party, not against it.

Aspenglow 03-05-2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul in Qatar (Post 22174494)

Agreed, that would be epic. :D

nearwildheaven 03-05-2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

That won't happen if Bernie's the candidate, because those two loathe each other.

HOWEVER

You're right. I'd pay even more money to see the look on Mr. Mother's face as he hands the reins over to Mayor Pete. His expression when he swore in Kirsten Synema was epic; she's openly bisexual and was made up to look like Marilyn Monroe, and wore a minidress and thigh-high boots. :p

RioRico 03-05-2020 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen (Post 22174406)

At least one-seventh of her home territory, American Samoa! And a hotline to Putin.

Quote:

I sense a Fantasy League matchup in the works. But would either pull an Eastwood and debate an empty chair? Put a skirt on the chair and Pence will cancel.

AK84 03-05-2020 11:27 PM

Selecting a woman because she is a woman has been disastrous last two times it was done.

Warren is the obvious qualified candidate but she is over 70

Does the US system not produce charismatic female leaders. Like Thatcher or Merkel. Or Indira Gandhi or Benezir Bhutto?

Happy Lendervedder 03-06-2020 12:04 AM

Based on my Facebook feed today, and the vibe from all the women in my life, not picking a woman as a running mate would be a fucking disaster in the fall. It's not like the nominee has to go out and say "I will be picking a woman because that is what I have to do." But just like nominees in the past picked a running mate based on geography or experience, yes, this year gender and race need to balance the ticket. It's not tokenism, it's just smart politics.

Also based on my Facebook feed today, and the vibe from a lot of people in my life, Warren dropping out has been the most painful drop-out of the cycle.

On Amy Klobuchar: I seriously don't know anyone here in Michigan, or in Ohio or Illinois, who gave two rips about her, male or female. She was terrible. Why are there so many people on this board who think she has this amazing future in presidential politics? Is she what people outside the Midwest think people in the Midwest want? She's not. Her poll numbers sucked from start to finish, her debate performances ranged from mockable to forgettable, and her delegate count? People were floored when she got six in New Hampshire. No one shed a tear when she dropped out. In fact, the most excitement her campaign generated was when she dropped out and endorsed Biden.

Warren's exit, on the other hand, has ignited a bonfire of deep, deep sadness, from columnists and network talking heads to my mother and every union organizer I know.

But yes, let's get Klobuchar on the ticket. Never mind that she makes Tim Kaine look like Winston Churchill. She's from the Midwest so people there must love her!

On the contrary, for Biden, his strength is the industrial Midwest. We don't need someone like Baldwin or Klobuchar or Whitmer to help him out here. We need someone to bring in Latinos or progressives or both. Someone who can maybe tap into the sunbelt or excite the college-educated suburban women who are mourning the loss of Warren today.

All of this, of course, is jmho, and largely based on shit that I've read, heard and seen today from my couch in Michigan and around my life for the past several months. YMMV.

Smapti 03-06-2020 12:09 AM

Quote:

I assume Pence will have to have his wife accompany him onstage.

China Guy 03-06-2020 12:18 AM

Howsabout a female general (or equivalent)? By definition, if you're a general, you have to be politically savvy.

From a marketing perspective:
1. Easiest path to breaking the highest glass ceiling as Biden or Bernie have a high chance of dying in office
2. Get the military fully on board. (It is my impression that at least the military leadership hates Trump for calling into question alliances, and pardoning war criminals)

IMHO, a female general will bring a lot more to the ticket than any of the above alternatives.

Tamerlane 03-06-2020 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by China Guy (Post 22174580)
Howsabout a female general (or equivalent)? By definition, if you're a general, you have to be politically savvy.

Tammy Duckworth retired as a lieutenant colonel. But everybody seems to sweat risking senate seats.

eenerms 03-06-2020 02:17 AM

Best candidate, no? Why does it have to be a woman if there are more qualified candidates? Identity politics...

adaher 03-06-2020 03:08 AM

There is now a pretty good bench of female and non-white candidates, although why you'd reach into a state legislature for one I have no idea. For my money Duckworth is the best choice, but I could see Klobuchar since she helped Joe out big time, or Deval Patrick, who is ready to be President on day 1. Stacy Abrams would be asking for a Quayle/Palin situation, no one has any idea how she'd fare on a national stage. Stick to Senators and governors.

Loach 03-06-2020 04:20 AM

I don’t get the Stacy Abrams love. Her most notable accomplishments are losing a state election for governor and being a talking head on tv.

I would love to see Booker get the nod. He was never able to take advantage of his strengths and was never given a decent chance to break out from the pack. I think he would do very well as a VP candidate. He doesn’t help by coming from a solid blue state* but maybe he could help bring out some of the voters who stayed home last election. And he has youth and vigor. Something that may be very important when voters look at both Biden and Bernie.

But realistically I think the party will feel like a woman candidate will be needed. I was originally thinking Klobachar but now I’m wavering. Duckworth may be a good choice. I don’t know how much name recognition she has nationally. I’ve also never seen her in a debate format. With most likely only one VP debate I’m not sure that’s very important anyway.

I would love to see Trump dump Pence and pick Haley. I would much rather see her a heartbeat away if the election goes that way. I doubt either would go for it. Haley can run on her own in four years with little of the Trump baggage and Pence has been a loyal if boring soldier. Trump loves loyalty.

*Although that means his senate seat stays blue.

Gyrate 03-06-2020 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamerlane (Post 22174585)
Tammy Duckworth retired as a lieutenant colonel. But everybody seems to sweat risking senate seats.

Yeah, Duckworth would counterbalance Biden well - she's got enough political experience to justify the pick, she's got a background and personality that would allow her to bring two false legs to an asskicking competition against Pence and still win, the "minority woman" thing will make Uncle Joe look better, and she's already managed to make waves in the Senate via the breastfeeding rule. Biden needs someone younger with a strong personality to give him a boost. Also, while he doesn't need a Midwesterner specifically, it doesn't hurt and he needs to avoid picking someone from the Northeast.

I don't know who would balance Bernie that could actually get along with Bernie. All the people who might mitigate Sanders' weak spots are ones he and his supporters would hate, even if they agreed to the run. Sanders will want a yes-man (or yes-woman) in the role; the last thing he wants is someone to pull focus from him. At a WAG I'd say he'll go with Castro but honestly, he may surprise me.

As for Stacy Abrams, I still want to see her kicking Kemp out of the governor's mansion and cleaning house in Georgia before jumping to the national stage. Georgia needs it desperately.

septimus 03-06-2020 04:38 AM

She needs to be a woman, but not elderly (Warren) nor from a liberal coast (Harris). That still leaves many fine choices.

(More urgent is the need for Biden to get coaching and practice. His gaffes are getting worse, and he's having trouble controlling his temper. I worry about a major gaffe, or about Biden being reduced to rubble in a debate with Trump.)

There were several stars on the Democratic stage; Thomas Friedman thinks it would be wise to pre-announce that many of the nominee's rivals will be in the Cabinet. (Friedman's examples include Klobuchar for V.P., Bloomberg or Sanders for SecTreas!, Harris for AttyGen, Warren, Steyer, Buttigieg, Booker, Romney and Yang for other cabinet posts. Bill McRaven for SecDef, and AOC for Ambassador to the U.N.!)

Gyrate 03-06-2020 04:48 AM

Tangent: Look, I like AOC but she's a first-term Congresswoman. I know she gets both left and right riled up for different reasons, but let her actually get a handle on the job she's basically just started before we elevate her to higher things (whatever they might be).

Loach 03-06-2020 05:56 AM

Iím trying to remember the last time if ever I successfully guessed who was going to be picked for VP. Probably never and the pundits donít have a much better batting average.

FlikTheBlue 03-06-2020 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Lendervedder (Post 22174567)
On Amy Klobuchar: I seriously don't know anyone here in Michigan, or in Ohio or Illinois, who gave two rips about her, male or female. She was terrible. Why are there so many people on this board who think she has this amazing future in presidential politics? Is she what people outside the Midwest think people in the Midwest want? She's not. Her poll numbers sucked from start to finish, her debate performances ranged from mockable to forgettable, and her delegate count? People were floored when she got six in New Hampshire. No one shed a tear when she dropped out. In fact, the most excitement her campaign generated was when she dropped out and endorsed Biden.

Warren's exit, on the other hand, has ignited a bonfire of deep, deep sadness, from columnists and network talking heads to my mother and every union organizer I know.

But yes, let's get Klobuchar on the ticket. Never mind that she makes Tim Kaine look like Winston Churchill. She's from the Midwest so people there must love her!

For me, it’s not a matter of how charismatic or electrifying Klobuchar’s personality is. It’s mostly a matter of how Biden, at best, was well on his way to a 2nd place finish in a contested convention scenario. She changed the whole dynamic of the race by dropping out and endorsing Biden. Had she not done so, we would probably still be looking at a 5 person race right now rather than a duel between Biden and Sanders the rest of the way (yes, I’m ignoring Tulsi). My guess is that Biden promised her the spot, and to go back on that would be a disaster. Or, as they say in south, “you dance with the one who brung you.”

FlikTheBlue 03-06-2020 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen (Post 22174406)

For Bernie sheís one of the few Democrats who is also not part of the establishment. She would tick off the boxes of being young and a woman while avoiding the box of being mainstream.