Straight Dope Message Board

Straight Dope Message Board (https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/index.php)
-   The Game Room (https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Simpsons: Tapped Out (https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=674688)

Hockey Monkey 12-06-2012 03:08 PM

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

I've got to confess a new addiction. I'm busily rebuilding Springfield in The Simpsons: Tapped Out on my iPad. It's a free game and if you are a Simpsons fan, you will really enjoy it. Anyone else playing? Have any favorite characters or buildings?

I love Duff Man and making him ride all over town on his Segway, sending Witch Marge off riding on her broom, and with the Christmas update, making Ned ride his boys on the snowmobile. Kang running from the puny humans and Chief Wiggam on a stakeout are also a riot.

I think my favorite building is Duff Brewery, even though it's huge and cost a ton of Donuts. My second favorite is Moe's, because when it's occupied there is a rat that runs around on the roof. The Muntz house is also great with Nelson playing guitar out front and the raccoon chewing on wiring on the roof.

Their little sayings when you tap on them or finish a quest are fun too.

If you play, post your username and I'll add you. My origin ID is pimaspi.

Oops, should have posted in the Game Room. So sorry.

Just1Lurk 12-06-2012 03:47 PM

Yeah, I'm addicted too. I think my favorite is Frink's flying machine and Moleman making an independent film.
Are you having issues with the game crashing a lot?
My Origin user ID is sarusim. I'll add you to my neighborhood.

Intergalactic Gladiator 12-06-2012 03:59 PM

This is only for iPad, right?

Just1Lurk 12-06-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator (Post 15770177)
This is only for iPad, right?

I think so. At least for now. You might check EA Games or The Simpsons website to see if any other platforms are supported.

Hockey Monkey 12-06-2012 05:39 PM

You can also play on iPhone, but it's small and sometimes difficult to tap or move things around. I just checked and it's an iOS app, but some of the older devices are no longer supported.

I'm loving the Christmas update so far!

Hockey Monkey 12-06-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just1Lurk (Post 15770135)
Yeah, I'm addicted too. I think my favorite is Frink's flying machine and Moleman making an independent film.
Are you having issues with the game crashing a lot?
My Origin user ID is sarusim. I'll add you to my neighborhood.

Yay! You have decorated houses! I am not through the starting quests yet, but should have some decorations sometime tonight.

Just1Lurk 12-06-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey Monkey (Post 15770464)
Yay! You have decorated houses! I am not through the starting quests yet, but should have some decorations sometime tonight.

Yeah, but you've got Kang! (Or is that Kodos?) How'd you get Kang? Or am I not at the right level yet? I'm at 17... I like your layout, BTW

I like Christmas too, but my favorite is still Halloween. Mostly because squishing Zombies was a great way to relieve stress! I've noticed that after the Christmas update the game is crashing a lot less, too.

Hockey Monkey 12-06-2012 06:12 PM

Kang was part of the Halloween quests. Remember him flying around in the space saucer? You had to buy the ray gun and shoot him down. He crashed into the ray gun, destroying it. You can see mine in the far left upper corner beside Cletus' farm and behind the Observatory. I hate you didn't get him. He's a lot of fun. Bart will even ride him on the handlebars like E.T.

I enjoyed the zombies too. I wish I could have left everyone in Springfield "turned". The animations were great.

Just1Lurk 12-06-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey Monkey (Post 15770536)
Kang was part of the Halloween quests. Remember him flying around in the space saucer? You had to buy the ray gun and shoot him down. He crashed into the ray gun, destroying it. You can see mine in the far left upper corner beside Cletus' farm and behind the Observatory. I hate you didn't get him. He's a lot of fun. Bart will even ride him on the handlebars like E.T.

I enjoyed the zombies too. I wish I could have left everyone in Springfield "turned". The animations were great.

So I have to wait for next Halloween to get another shot at Kang? Damn! I got the App only a week before Halloween and hadn't figured out the nuances yet. (I also learned to turn down the volume if I'm taking my IPad into work. Homer blurted out "Another job mediocrely done" at exactly the wrong moment in a meeting!)

USCDiver 12-06-2012 07:00 PM

I just installed the app. I'm USCDiver on there too, I'll be your neighbor.

Just1Lurk 12-06-2012 07:11 PM

Welcome to Springfield, USCDiver!

Antigen 12-06-2012 07:23 PM

Dang, no Android version. :(

Hockey Monkey 12-06-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCDiver (Post 15770649)
I just installed the app. I'm USCDiver on there too, I'll be your neighbor.

You'll have a bustling metropolis in no time!

USCDiver 12-06-2012 07:37 PM

So I don't plan to spend any actual money on this game. What is the best way to utilize my donuts? Should I save them up, or is it better to send them speeding things up early on?

Just1Lurk 12-06-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCDiver (Post 15770730)
So I don't plan to spend any actual money on this game. What is the best way to utilize my donuts? Should I save them up, or is it better to send them speeding things up early on?

If you're not going to spend any money, by all means save them. The game doesn't give out donuts often

USCDiver 12-06-2012 09:24 PM

Um, when I go to my friends' screen, the little options window pops up halfway off the screen so I can't accept a request or close the window and return to the game... Any suggestions? Reinstall?

Just1Lurk 12-06-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCDiver (Post 15770990)
Um, when I go to my friends' screen, the little options window pops up halfway off the screen so I can't accept a request or close the window and return to the game... Any suggestions? Reinstall?

That happens to me sometimes. Try rotating your IPad/IPhone 90 degrees. The pop-up should resize to fit. You should then be able to rotate it back and the pop-up should rotate with it.

Hockey Monkey 12-06-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCDiver (Post 15770730)

Save your donuts! You don't want to fritter them away on speeding things up when the longest you will normally have to wait for a quest to finish is at most 24 hrs. The best use of donuts is for premium characters or buildings that come with characters. They earn money (and they are fun to watch!)

Just1Lurk 12-06-2012 10:06 PM

USCDiver, it was worth adding you to my neighborhood just to see Homer kicking back in the kiddie pool in the middle of a snowstorm.

USCDiver 12-06-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just1Lurk (Post 15771027)
That happens to me sometimes. Try rotating your IPad/IPhone 90 degrees. The pop-up should resize to fit. You should then be able to rotate it back and the pop-up should rotate with it.

Huh, for some reason that didn't work the first time I tried it. Got it now, thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just1Lurk (Post 15771109)
USCDiver, it was worth adding you to my neighborhood just to see Homer kicking back in the kiddie pool in the middle of a snowstorm.

Ha! I was thinking it was a strange way to start the game until I realized this game has been around for a few months.

heater2000ca 12-07-2012 05:00 PM

I just got the game today, and it is a lot of fun. I'm heater2000ca on there too, if anyone wants to add me.

jackdavinci 12-07-2012 06:14 PM

Loving it too. The Christmas update is fun, but I missed the Halloween one. Does anyone know for things that are in the Xmas list that normally sold for donuts, do you get the actual building, or does it only decorate it if you already have it? And do decorated brown houses give 5 coins over all, or per house?

I do find the inability to play offline seriously annoying though, especially as the server is currently overloaded.

I like Lisa a lot just because she is so cheery. They need to give Milhouse some sound effects.

I did the tap Homer ten times to get donuts thing. There seem to be a million YouTube videos about getting donuts hacks but none of them seem to lead anywhere.

jackdavinci 12-07-2012 06:23 PM

I'm jackdavinci if anyone wants to add me.

Someone hacked my account yesterday and I had to change my password. I recommend using a different password than you use for other sites.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just1Lurk (Post 15770583)
. Homer blurted out "Another job mediocrely done" at exactly the wrong moment in a meeting!)

My iPod Homer said "better them than me!" in my pocket during the perfect pause in a conversation me and a friend were having and we both cracked up.

Just1Lurk 12-07-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackdavinci (Post 15774022)
My iPod Homer said "better them than me!" in my pocket during the perfect pause in a conversation me and a friend were having and we both cracked up.

LOL. At least in my case it wasn't "Work? I thought this was a game!" That would have been very inappropriate in the circumstances.

I'll send friend requests to you and heater2000ca if the system ever let's me back on.

USCDiver 12-07-2012 06:33 PM

I don't have any sounds!

Labtrash 12-07-2012 07:03 PM

I'm addicted to this as well.

Labtrash is also my username.

Now I've got to fix up my layout!

Hockey Monkey 12-07-2012 10:16 PM

USC, I don't have any sound at the moment either. EA had a huge server outage today, so I am assuming it's one of the things they are working on.

For the Christmas decorations, you only get the decorations, not the building. Also, even if you have a bunch of the same kind of houses decorated, you only get coins from one, once a day.

Quimby 12-08-2012 11:33 AM

Like others, I am really hoping they make an Android version of this.

Hockey Monkey 12-08-2012 06:01 PM

I got my sound back! Woohoo!

I double clicked the home button on my iPad, held the Simpson's icon till it wiggled, then hit the - button to close it. After I reopened it fresh, it was OK.

Labtrash 12-09-2012 09:29 AM

This coin collecting is tedious!

Just1Lurk 12-09-2012 03:28 PM

Is anybody else having this issue? I can't access Origin and all of my friend's Springfields have disappeared.

USCDiver 12-09-2012 03:57 PM

I got logged out earlier today and it wouldnt let me log back in, it started me over as an anonymous user. So I deleted and reinstalled the app, but now it won't connect to the server.

Labtrash 12-09-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just1Lurk (Post 15778735)
Is anybody else having this issue? I can't access Origin and all of my friend's Springfields have disappeared.

Just reboot and log back in. Seems to work for me.

happycamper*5 12-09-2012 06:51 PM

They got me, too and I don't even watch The Simpsons! D'oh! I downloaded the app this morning, but wasn't able to log onto the server until about 30 minutes ago. Hope that isn't a bad sign for the future.

I'm happycamper5, if anyone needs neighbors.

USCDiver 12-09-2012 09:23 PM

Ha! The Cool Brown House with a family of hipsters showed up in tonight's episode.

jackdavinci 12-10-2012 03:57 AM

Is anyone else still getting regular quests or are they suspended during Christmas?

Just1Lurk 12-10-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackdavinci (Post 15780220)
Is anyone else still getting regular quests or are they suspended during Christmas?

I'm still getting regular quests. Of course, they can be delayed if the character needed for the regular quest to advance is working on a Christmas quest.

Labtrash 12-11-2012 01:05 PM

Is anyone else having problems with logging into the "other Springfields"?

All my new friends are gone. :(

Just1Lurk 12-11-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labtrash (Post 15785971)
Is anyone else having problems with logging into the "other Springfields"?

All my new friends are gone. :(

Yes, I mentioned this in an earlier post. Rebooting didn't work for me, but they did return eventually.

Here's my question. When you tap the Krustyburger building, you hear frying sounds. When you tap Gulp 'N Blow, you hear a cash register. Java Server = Keyboard.

Tap the Mapple Building - What the hell is that sound supposed to be?!?

USCDiver 12-11-2012 04:28 PM

I've never had any sounds and I've reinstalled it twice when it wouldn't connect.

heater2000ca 12-11-2012 05:49 PM

I've had trouble logging in since Saturday sometime. Even if the game would start up, I wouldn't be logged in (so couldn't see friends, etc.). But this morning about 10 am EST, it seemed to get better, and I've been able to log in again since then. Hopefully everyone else has better luck now.

Loach 12-11-2012 06:07 PM

I recently downloaded it but have not been able to get on.

Just1Lurk 12-11-2012 10:18 PM

Now I can't get on. This is getting frustrating.

jackdavinci 12-12-2012 02:56 AM

It seems to be back up. They were having maintenance issues. If you go to their Facebook page it posts when they are having downtime.

Sometimes when they have server issues they will let you play, but not connect with friends, log out, or other red button features.

slackerboss 12-12-2012 09:54 AM

I installed it this week, and thankfully, right now my job allows me to tap on the screen every 5 minutes, so I'm working on building my collection of brown houses.

I've added the people in this thread. My Origin ID is slackerboss.

Labtrash 12-12-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackdavinci (Post 15788520)
It seems to be back up. They were having maintenance issues. If you go to their Facebook page it posts when they are having downtime.

Sometimes when they have server issues they will let you play, but not connect with friends, log out, or other red button features.

Mine was back up this morning, with all friends returned. Ended up late for work !

I'll be adding slackerboss tonight !

:D

luvrbcs 12-12-2012 01:06 PM

If anyone is wondering who Luvrbcs2 is, it is I. I've been sending out friend requests based on all the names here.

Poysyn 12-12-2012 01:17 PM

I just got it this morning, but haven't even opened it - when I get home I will and will post my username

Labtrash 12-12-2012 06:55 PM

To everyone with multiple decorated houses of the same type:

Does each house pay out 5 coins per day ? Are you raking in millions every day?

jackdavinci 12-13-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labtrash (Post 15791215)
To everyone with multiple decorated houses of the same type:

Does each house pay out 5 coins per day ? Are you raking in millions every day?

Sadly no. Only one coin per group type. But you can rake in Christmas coins from your friends decorated houses even if none have been generated as long as there is a dollar sign (again one per type).

Tamarin 12-13-2012 09:27 AM

I'm in...just started yesterday. My ID is JubbleJubble

HairyCactus 12-13-2012 02:48 PM

Been playing for a while now. ChrisT1701 is my name on that.

Raza 12-13-2012 03:59 PM

I have been adding a few of you. I am razabradley.

Just1Lurk 12-13-2012 04:14 PM

Okay, I think I've run out of things to spend my Santa coins on.

And how do you get the Jebediah Springfield statue?

Poysyn 12-13-2012 04:48 PM

I am DDRigs

Hockey Monkey 12-13-2012 04:54 PM

Sorry, I've been AWOL from the thread for a couple of days. I'm maxed out at 100 friends, but I need to weed a few out and I'll add SDMBers. I'm going out of town this weekend, so I won't get to doing that till next week.

Jebediah Springfield statue - when Homer is free, tap on him to open his menu. Then tap on him 10 times. (not in the menu, but the Homer standing in the town) This will unlock the statue and give you 10 donuts. One time only, naturally.

The game has been having connection issues that the developers are actively working on. If you lose your friends or get started over, don't worry, your friends and your Springfield are saved and will be there for you when you are able to log in again. Don't panic. :)

Normal tasks and Christmas tasks are running concurrently.

JustLurk, do you have the bowl-a-rama, try-n-save, all the Funzos and Santa's Little Helper yet? You will need coins for all of those. I know SLH is 1500 santa coins.

Just1Lurk 12-13-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey Monkey (Post 15794361)
JustLurk, do you have the bowl-a-rama, try-n-save, all the Funzos and Santa's Little Helper yet? You will need coins for all of those. I know SLH is 1500 santa coins.

I have the bowl-a-rama, but not the try-n-save yet. I also don't have Muntz's House or Krabapple's apartment complex. I guess I got a little behind in my quests. At least I should have a ton of coins by the time the next thing gets unlocked.

I hope I get it all done before the Christmas special is over!

(BTW, it's just1lurk.)

Labtrash 12-14-2012 11:31 AM

How do you start the "quests"?

Is it random?

I see some at lower level than me as having Nelson's House, and there isnt a quest listed for it.

How do they unlock?

Loach 12-14-2012 02:36 PM

Ok just started. I'll have to try to add some of you.

So how do you use the Christmas coins?

Raza 12-14-2012 06:38 PM

Like Loach, I have coins but don't have the option to decorate houses. Lisa and Homer are currently skiing; will the option come after they finish?

Loach 12-14-2012 07:17 PM

I'm loach232. Add me if you want. I'll try to add some of you guys later.

Loach 12-15-2012 10:44 AM

I added those of you I could find.

iftheresaway 12-15-2012 11:49 AM

I was going to admonish you guys for getting me hooked on this and then not friending me quickly enough to satisfy my need for instant gratification, but then USCDiver approved my request and all was well. I'm excited to have another game to keep me entertained during the 45-second chunks of down time I get! I'm iftheresaway there.

Hockey Monkey 12-15-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labtrash (Post 15796646)
How do you start the "quests"?

Is it random?

I see some at lower level than me as having Nelson's House, and there isnt a quest listed for it.

How do they unlock?

Each quest will unlock when you progress to that point. Nelson's house is a really high up quest. Are you seeing Cletus' farm? If you look in you build menu and click the buildings, scroll to the right and you will see what order things will come in, and what level you have to be.

Hockey Monkey 12-15-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raza (Post 15798367)
Like Loach, I have coins but don't have the option to decorate houses. Lisa and Homer are currently skiing; will the option come after they finish?

The decorations do have to unlock. I don't remember what they have to finish first, but you have to have some coins built up first by doing the quests.

Raza 12-15-2012 09:17 PM

Thanks. I've decorated a few houses, and am now saving up for a Mapple store.

USCDiver 12-16-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey Monkey (Post 15801129)
Each quest will unlock when you progress to that point. Nelson's house is a really high up quest. Are you seeing Cletus' farm? If you look in you build menu and click the buildings, scroll to the right and you will see what order things will come in, and what level you have to be.

I'm confused too though, I haven't unlocked Willie's shed yet even though the info for that building says it requires level 10 and I'm at level 12 right now.

Loach 12-16-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raza (Post 15801415)
Thanks. I've decorated a few houses, and am now saving up for a Mapple store.

Me too.

Hockey Monkey 12-16-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCDiver (Post 15802159)
I'm confused too though, I haven't unlocked Willie's shed yet even though the info for that building says it requires level 10 and I'm at level 12 right now.

It doesn't go strictly by what level you are, but the quests you've completed. Someone can house farm and buy a bunch of decorations and gain lots of experience to level up, but the quests will still come in order regardless of the level attained. I've only had to wait to level up for one quest, other wise I've been two levels higher than required. Willie's shed requires Level 12 AND (Quest Name). The quest has to unlock first. :)

There is a Tapped Out Guide as well as a forum that I've found very helpful. Even though the Guide is at a site called super cheats, there aren't really any cheats you can do. The walkthrough guide is very thorough.

Just1Lurk 12-17-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey Monkey (Post 15803528)
It doesn't go strictly by what level you are, but the quests you've completed. Someone can house farm and buy a bunch of decorations and gain lots of experience to level up, but the quests will still come in order regardless of the level attained. I've only had to wait to level up for one quest, other wise I've been two levels higher than required. Willie's shed requires Level 12 AND (Quest Name). The quest has to unlock first. :)

There is a Tapped Out Guide as well as a forum that I've found very helpful. Even though the Guide is at a site called super cheats, there aren't really any cheats you can do. The walkthrough guide is very thorough.

Thanks, Hockey Monkey, that guide does look helpful.

And I have to say that, while it's fun to watch Homer drive Santa's sleigh, it does play havoc with my tapping!

Loach 12-17-2012 07:37 PM

Some of you aren't accepting my friend request. :mad:

I need more tapping!

jackdavinci 12-17-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loach (Post 15807927)
Some of you aren't accepting my friend request. :mad:

I need more tapping!

I think there's a website out there with lists of people looking for tapped out friends. I've heard it maxes out at maybe 100 friends.

What I did was search in the add friends area of the app for a common word of at least six letters such as turtle. Then it shows you every user with that text string in their user name. Add enough people and at least some are guaranteed to accept.

heater2000ca 12-19-2012 02:22 PM

This may be a stupid question, but how do I accept friend requests? I've only ever sent friend requests, never seen any requests come to me. But every once in a while, there's a little number in the top corner of the origin logo. But when I click on it, I don't see anywhere to go accept anything ...

I'm still enjoying the game. I'm on level 12, and check in at least once a day. (More often if I have my phone plugged in - man, is that app a battery drainer!)

jackdavinci 12-19-2012 02:58 PM

Friends...red button...news...invites

heater2000ca 12-19-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackdavinci (Post 15814274)
Friends...red button...news...invites

Aha! Thank you so much! I'd clicked on News before, but it had never clicked (haha) that the tab called Invites was, you know, people who'd invited me!

Raza 12-19-2012 08:48 PM

I have what would seem to be a good problem: I'm accumulating more Santa coins than I can spend, even after buying the Barney's Bowl-a-Rama; I think I have about 300, and getting easily 100 a day or more. Other than Christmasizing the properties at 50 per, are there any other major coin purchases coming up?

Loach 12-19-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raza (Post 15815532)
I have what would seem to be a good problem: I'm accumulating more Santa coins than I can spend, even after buying the Barney's Bowl-a-Rama; I think I have about 300, and getting easily 100 a day or more. Other than Christmasizing the properties at 50 per, are there any other major coin purchases coming up?

Just bought the bowl-a-rama and now I'm out. And Gill keeps begging me to buy the village from him. I do not have your problem.

jackdavinci 12-20-2012 01:53 AM

After Bowling comes TrynSave. And then come the little creatures, one for 750 coins and one for 1000 I think. Then Santa's Little Helper likely even more pricey. You'll need your coins. How are you getting 100/day?

Hockey Monkey 12-20-2012 08:17 AM

You get a few coins from your own Springfield, but when you go to your friend's Springfields and tap on a decorated building, you get a coin. Three coins per neighbor if they have at least 3 buildings decorated. Actually, they only have to have the Simpson's house decorated because you can wait for it to regenerate and tap it again while you are there. If you have 100 friends, that's 300 Santa coins daily, not including from your own town.

Raza 12-20-2012 10:43 AM

Like Hockey Monkey said: I have about 45 "friends" (including maybe a dozen dopers), and at 3 coins each that adds up every day. Plus 25 for my Santa's Village (which I now feel stupid for getting, since it pales in comparison to what I get from friends; but at least it allows Santa Homer), and 10 for the Christmas tree.

Thanks for the info on the Try-N-Save; I didn't see it in my buyable list, but apparently I haven't unlocked it yet.

Loach 12-20-2012 05:48 PM

I just lost the Christmas decorations off Flanders house. No idea why and I can't get it back.

Labtrash 12-20-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loach (Post 15818807)
I just lost the Christmas decorations off Flanders house. No idea why and I can't get it back.

Click on the house so the window pops up.

Can you slide the house to the Xmas view?

Other than that, I got nothin'

Loach 12-20-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labtrash (Post 15819208)
Click on the house so the window pops up.

Can you slide the house to the Xmas view?

Other than that, I got nothin'

Nope it's gone.

Loach 12-20-2012 11:56 PM

Never mind. Rebooted and its back.

Loach 12-21-2012 11:41 AM

Another question, I now have I think 12 other springfields to visit. The first one they give you "other Springfield" is still there. But every time I click on that it kicks me right out of the game. I haven't been able to click on it for days. The other ones are fine. Is it supposed to do that?

Hockey Monkey 12-21-2012 12:02 PM

It's not supposed to kick you out, but you don't need to visit it if you have other towns to go to. There aren't any decorated houses in Other Springfield anyway, so until the Christmas update is over, I wouldn't worry about going there.

Loach 12-23-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey Monkey (Post 15821484)
It's not supposed to kick you out, but you don't need to visit it if you have other towns to go to. There aren't any decorated houses in Other Springfield anyway, so until the Christmas update is over, I wouldn't worry about going there.

It's still doing it. But like you said, it's not a big deal.

I got lots of friends by going to the forum linked above and adding my name to the list there.

One other thing, I think Gil is the greatest marketing tool ever. I feel so sorry for him I want to buy from him so his kids can have Christmas.

Labtrash 12-23-2012 10:36 AM

Do you have to get the funzos before Santa Little Helper is available?

Raza 12-24-2012 07:54 PM

I'm there now. It seems you have to get at least one (I picked the cheapest one). And then SLH is 1500 coins. Yikes! I mean, Humbug!

Hockey Monkey 12-24-2012 08:45 PM

I bought one Funzo, then Santa's Little Helper, and I just finished up with the last Funzo this morning.

yearsofstatic 12-25-2012 05:23 AM

Just signed up because of this thread. ID: Yearsofs. I'll add some peeps as I could use some neighbors!

Hockey Monkey 12-28-2012 09:55 PM

Now that the Christmas Update is winding down and folks don't need so many Santa Coins, I'm going to cull down my friends list, but I want to keep the SDMB folks. If I haven't added you yet, it's because I was maxed at 100, but as I delete people, it will free up space. If I accidentally delete you, I'll ask forgiveness and re-add me. It won't be intentional.

Blisters 12-30-2012 12:05 AM

Yay! I need Santa Coins.

I am thehentzel there and am looking forward to adding you as friends.

Again: Yay!

BulwerLytton 12-30-2012 12:37 AM

Homered in

I confess. I'm a Simpsons junkie as well. Thanks for the tip on the Jedediah statue. How'd you figure that out?

Labtrash 12-30-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey Monkey (Post 15841560)
Now that the Christmas Update is winding down and folks don't need so many Santa Coins, I'm going to cull down my friends list, but I want to keep the SDMB folks. If I haven't added you yet, it's because I was maxed at 100, but as I delete people, it will free up space. If I accidentally delete you, I'll ask forgiveness and re-add me. It won't be intentional.

Same here ! Apologies in advance !

It just takes too damn long to wade thru 100 Springfields !

pancakes3 12-30-2012 03:05 PM

I'm ericcshen and I've sent out a few friend requests. Perfect game for a lazy sunday.

Loach 12-30-2012 04:05 PM

When does the Christmas thing end and what happens to the Santa coins?

pancakes3 12-30-2012 04:16 PM

event ends on the 3rd but i don't know what happens to the coins.

Labtrash 12-31-2012 01:13 AM

Okay, here's a list of Doper / Tapped IDs

I hope I get these right

Doper / Tapped (<<< = same name for both)

Hockey Monkey / pimaspi
Just1Lurk / sarusim
USCDiver / <<<
heater2000ca / <<<
jackdavinci / <<<
Labtrash / <<<
Happycamper*5 / happycamper5
Loach / loach232
slackerboss / <<<
luvrbcs / Luvrbcs2
Tamarin / JubbleJubble
HairyCactus / ChrisT1701
Raza / Razabradley
Poysyn / Ddrigs
iftheresaway / <<<
yearsofstatic / yearsofs
Blisters / thehentzel (I can't find this name to add it)
BulwerLytton / <<<

jackdavinci 12-31-2012 08:33 AM

you can add jonjackturtl to the list

Loach 12-31-2012 11:30 AM

Went from zero to 97 friends in no time. I'll have to go in and edit so I can get all the Dopers in.

Hockey Monkey 12-31-2012 03:42 PM

I think I have added or accepted everyone who posted their Origin ID in the thread!

Hockey Monkey 12-31-2012 04:10 PM

Blisters, I couldn't find you as thehentzel...you can add me - pimaspi.

EristicKallistic 01-02-2013 01:28 PM

Didn't know about this game until this thread, as a Simpsons fan I'm immediately hooked :) My ID is mrdiskord, I'll add folks in this thread!

Hockey Monkey 01-02-2013 08:39 PM

Sorry EristicKallistic! I deleted you before I knew you were a Doper. I'll add you back. :)

jackdavinci 01-02-2013 11:09 PM

Yay! The Christmas thing has been extended til the tenth, and gift stockings have been added to buy with left over coins.

Blisters 01-03-2013 01:06 AM

The Husband is very jealous. Not because he thinks something untoward is going on, but because I have more Santa Coins than he does. If you get a request from redfivestand that is him.

:-)

edit because I got the name wrong.

Blisters 01-03-2013 01:13 AM

Sorry. I am a moron. I confused my origin ID with my game center ID. I am MistyMeow.

Hockey Monkey 01-03-2013 09:40 AM

So far I've gotten 50 donuts and 8 reindeer from the mystery stockings! I'm so happy that they gave us something to spend them on. The Halloween treats just disappeared.

Labtrash 01-03-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackdavinci (Post 15856207)
Yay! The Christmas thing has been extended til the tenth, and gift stockings have been added to buy with left over coins.

D'oh !! :smack:

As soon as I start purging non-dopers, this happens !

Argghh~!

Hockey Monkey 01-03-2013 08:56 PM

I haven't been able to get into the game for more than 5 seconds all day. :( It's crashing on entry.

hiebram 01-04-2013 01:25 PM

Playing now, too. Sent a few of you friend requests. I'm hiebram there, too.

Hockey Monkey 01-04-2013 06:03 PM

Yay! I can play again today!

USCDiver 01-04-2013 08:30 PM

I haven't had trouble getting on today, but I've still never had any sound!

Hockey Monkey 01-09-2013 01:34 PM

New update schedule for tomorrow!

I'm hoping for several more levels, as I'm currently maxed. I've completed all of the quests and purchased all of the buildings, so I've just been banking money in anticipation for the new content. *Hopes for Burns' Mansion*

One lesson I've learned: Don't ever use donuts to speed up a task or build. Ever. When you are sitting around twiddling your thumbs with nothing to do, you'll regret wasting them. Take your time and enjoy the journey. :)

Labtrash 01-09-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

One lesson I've learned: Don't ever use donuts to speed up a task or build. Ever. When you are sitting around twiddling your thumbs with nothing to do, you'll regret wasting them. Take your time and enjoy the journey.
Word.

Thankfully they've added a "Cancel" feature in case you hit the speed up donut by mistake (like I have FOUR TIMES).

Poysyn 01-09-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labtrash (Post 15880709)
Word.

Thankfully they've added a "Cancel" feature in case you hit the speed up donut by mistake (like I have FOUR TIMES).

Yeah, I have a few times too...happy to see a cancel button.

Ravenman 01-09-2013 02:53 PM

The other day I mistakenly spent the 50 donuts I had diligently saved on a Funzo. No way to cancel that purchase. What a damned ripoff: now I'm furiously collecting coins to try to get enough donuts to afford Moleman or Kearney. I don't think I'm going to quite make it.

Hockey Monkey 01-09-2013 02:55 PM

Yeah, you have to be careful about that. I've accidentally sped up tasks several times. Most I've been able to stop with the cancel button, but if you accidentally speed up a short task (like 45s or even 2-3hrs) you won't have time to realize you've done it and hit the button.

Thankfully, they let us use our leftover coins to buy Mystery Stocking which contain donuts! I've gotten around 100 donuts and 10 or so reindeer (which were 20 donuts each!). BTW, use up all of your coins on the stockings TODAY. The update can come at any time tomorrow and you will lose them.

hiebram 01-10-2013 02:30 PM

People had mentioned upthread that it takes some time to get through 100 friends, so I thought I would share this tip in case anyone doesn't know:

When you click on a building, you don't have to click on the $$ and XP to pick it up. It will sit there for a few seconds, then collect itself. So you can log in, pass over all your buildings, and let the game do the grunt work for you. This works with friends' Springfields, too. Just pop in, hit three buildings, and pop out again immediately. If their town opens to a screen with three harvestable buldings on it, you can be in and out in less than 3 seconds.

Just1Lurk 01-11-2013 02:02 PM

Hooray! New level! New characters! New buildings - What the hell is the Pimento Grove??

Oh, who the hell cares? I have to have it!

Can't wait for the Sea Captain.

Does anyone know if there's a Futurama Tapped Out in the works?

Labtrash 01-11-2013 02:56 PM

Sea Captain??

Are they going to let us get close to that "ocean" on the left side of the world so we can put in the Squid Port, Burns' Casio, etc???

Hockey Monkey 01-11-2013 08:52 PM

I haven't heard anything about the Sea Captain.

Pimento Grove is a fancy pants restaurant. Right now there are no character tasks assigned to it, but the Post Office was like that when it came out. I understand that one of Smithers' tasks is going to the post office. Smithers of course comes with Burns Manor.

Just1Lurk 01-11-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labtrash (Post 15889535)
Sea Captain??

Are they going to let us get close to that "ocean" on the left side of the world so we can put in the Squid Port, Burns' Casio, etc???

I haven't heard anything about them adding the Sea Captain, he's just one of my favorite Simpsons characters. They wouldn't leave him out, would they?

Squid Port and Burn's Casino would be good additions.

Loach 01-11-2013 10:41 PM

I wish they would add voices to the silent characters. I want to hear Hank Scorpio. I guess Mr A. Brooks might be hard to get for the game.

Loach 01-12-2013 03:20 PM

I just bought a Maggie snowman for 30,000 and I don't know why.

Loach 01-13-2013 09:14 PM

Ok I'm very annoyed right now. It's been a while since it let me build something new. Finally I get the quest "Reach level 14 and build the first church of Springfield." But I'm already level 18 and it won't let me build it.

jackdavinci 01-14-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loach (Post 15896248)
Ok I'm very annoyed right now. It's been a while since it let me build something new. Finally I get the quest "Reach level 14 and build the first church of Springfield." But I'm already level 18 and it won't let me build it.

Levels are meaningless. The level on a quest is *minimum* level. You have to complete quests in order. What do you mean by the statements "get the quest" and "won't let me build it"?

Loach 01-14-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackdavinci (Post 15896748)
Levels are meaningless. The level on a quest is *minimum* level. You have to complete quests in order. What do you mean by the statements "get the quest" and "won't let me build it"?

Honer had an exclamation mark over his head. I clicked on it. There was a conversation with Lovejoy which told me to build the church. Now on the left side Homer's head is there in the task list. When I click on it, it lists on of the tasks as "Reach level 14 and build the first church of Springfield." I am level 18 so it should unlock. But when I go to the build menu I still have the lock symbol on the church and I can't build it.

Loach 01-14-2013 09:24 AM

Ok it fixed itself. I was given the quest as Mr Plow. Today when I turned it on Ned was done with his last job. He then gave me the quest to build the church and it was available. So it was a Mr Plow glitch which makes sense because he is new.

USCDiver 01-23-2013 01:14 PM

Hehe, I taught my 23 month old to tap the $. I'll let her farm my houses!

Steener122 01-23-2013 01:30 PM

Yes, I too am totally addicted to Tapped Out. I had one Springfield awhile back, but the phone I had it on got stolen!! So I had to start over.

I started playing again just before Christmas and I am now on level 13. I didn't add neighbors for quite sometime so that really slowed me down. Right now I am working on visiting neighbors so I can build the library and get Martin. I am VERY disappointed that I didn't join in time to be able to get "Cool Homer".

What really gets me angry about the game though is all of the cool stuff you need donuts to get. I'm not really able to fit buying 99.00 worth of donuts into my budget right now, but I long so badly for so many of the donut only items. I'm not sure how buying them even works though, when you buy them do you give them a credit card number? What do the bill. My phone is on my fiancé's mom and dads family plan and I don't think they'd be happy if I charged money for dounts on their account. If I can use a credit card, I might just have to do that.

I still need neighbors so if anyone wants to add me I am Z94WZE60X8
I don't have any idea how I got stuck with that stupid name, its the auto assigned name. I made one I wanted but something got messed up.

USCDiver 01-30-2013 09:14 PM

Valentines Stuff is here! Glad to finally see some grass and leaves. All that white was unattractive.

Loach 01-30-2013 09:46 PM

My snowmen melted :(
I was wondering what they would do with that.

Frustrating I can't click on my other Springfields until they update.

Hockey Monkey 01-30-2013 09:48 PM

Everyone needs to upgrade before you can visit neighbors and collect hearts.

I'm excited to have some new tasks!

Hockey Monkey 01-30-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loach (Post 15955509)
My snowmen melted :(
I was wondering what they would do with that.

Frustrating I can't click on my other Springfields until they update.

I love the melted snowmen!

jackdavinci 01-31-2013 01:36 AM

I'm wondering if the snow men will continue to melt...

Labtrash 01-31-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackdavinci (Post 15955968)
I'm wondering if the snow men will continue to melt...

Just in case I sold mine for cash!

Sterling Archer 01-31-2013 04:30 PM

Valentines additions are awesome. Please add me, I need more friends. My ID is madillma and my son plays as "joriedil". Add us!

pancakes3 01-31-2013 07:40 PM

What's the deal with the hearts? Some houses have them and some don't? And the ones that do, the 3rd ones don't always seem to pop out a heart.

Also my sister Joyshenster wants friends. For naught if you guys don't start upgrading!

Labtrash 02-01-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pancakes3 (Post 15959018)
What's the deal with the hearts? Some houses have them and some don't? And the ones that do, the 3rd ones don't always seem to pop out a heart.

Yeah, that's getting annoying - I've had plenty of trips where NONE of the three "cards" had any hearts in them

Poysyn 02-02-2013 12:59 PM

Hubby and daughter are jealous of all of my friends, anyone that needs friends: DarbyRigs and Megadarby are looking for friends

Loach 02-03-2013 03:42 PM

I'm a bit disappointed in the V-Day extras. I got one of everything already. I don't want more. And I am getting more and more hearts. I hope we'll be able to cash them in.

hiebram 02-04-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labtrash (Post 15961671)
Yeah, that's getting annoying - I've had plenty of trips where NONE of the three "cards" had any hearts in them

And on the other hand, I just had a visit where all 3 cards that I tapped dropped a heart. I still don't see why some buildings give hearts and others don't, though...

Hockey Monkey 02-04-2013 09:03 PM

At Halloween, not every tap gave a treat. At Christmas we got spoiled with a Santa Coin with every neighbor tap. Now we are back to not getting a heart with every tap. I can live with that because when you collect your Valentines on your own Springfield, you get a heart for all of those.

I've noted though, that if your neighbor doesn't clear those cards on his own Springfield, there won't be any cards to click on when you visit. Make sure to tap to collect your cards so other people can send you Valentines. I get very annoyed when I go to visit a neighbor and can't find a card to click.

I didn't have any trouble collecting enough hearts to get one of everything. I'm going to keep collecting and hope to trade them for donuts later.

Sterling Archer 02-05-2013 10:55 AM

Are there more quests beyond the "Choo-Choo-choose-you train"? I don't really care for the train, much, so I think I might just save up a bunch of hearts and hope to exchange them for donuts.

Bike Rider 02-07-2013 08:51 AM

I have a quick question and all online searches have prove fruitless. My Kwik-e-mart is facing the wrong way (away from the road). How do I move or rotate it?

USCDiver 02-07-2013 09:03 AM

When you are in the main play screen, click the crossed arrows in the bottom right, then choose the building you would like to move or rotate. There will be a row of icons allowing you to rotate, sell, store etc.

Bike Rider 02-07-2013 10:57 AM

Thanks USCDiver! I had tried that previously and it didn't work. Searching further I saw a mention on an EAGames site that you may need to reboot the device if a functionality isn't working. Restarted the IPad and viola!

hiebram 02-07-2013 12:08 PM

So, looking at all my friends' Springfields, it seems that I'm the only one who opted to increase the immersion by leaving only the Simpsons' Christmas lights up year round. :D

Labtrash 02-07-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiebram (Post 15981261)
So, looking at all my friends' Springfields, it seems that I'm the only one who opted to increase the immersion by leaving only the Simpsons' Christmas lights up year round. :D

I left them up on the Spuckler's house - figured they'd be "those people" ;)

USCDiver 02-07-2013 12:48 PM

I have s theory regarding the Valentines and Hearts if anyone would like to help me test it. In my experience the only buildings which you can click on in your friends' Towns are those which are associated with a character (ie Krusty Burger/Krusty, Town Hall/Mayor Quimby, etc). I think that when you click on the building, regardless of whether you get a heart at the time, it adds a Valentine to that character for your friend. So you can help out your friends by clearing your Valentines often so there are more chances to get hearts when your friends visit.

Bike Rider 02-07-2013 01:38 PM

My username is bikeriderflorida if anyone wants to add me. I'm still new to it so don't expect to see much in my town yet. Also made the mistake of clicking on "buy" on a piece of land before I noticed that it was very pricy, so still building cash back up.

Loach 02-07-2013 02:11 PM

My Christmas lights are all still up.

LateComer 02-07-2013 05:59 PM

Great thread! Are people still taking friend requests? I seem to have no Real life friends playing.

Username: donspadeoa

I do Like this game though.

Hockey Monkey 02-12-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCDiver (Post 15981446)
I have s theory regarding the Valentines and Hearts if anyone would like to help me test it. In my experience the only buildings which you can click on in your friends' Towns are those which are associated with a character (ie Krusty Burger/Krusty, Town Hall/Mayor Quimby, etc). I think that when you click on the building, regardless of whether you get a heart at the time, it adds a Valentine to that character for your friend. So you can help out your friends by clearing your Valentines often so there are more chances to get hearts when your friends visit.

You got it. I've been to several friend's towns that don't have any cards to click and it's because they haven't cleared the cards from the characters in their own town.

Trion 02-13-2013 08:02 AM

Hey, look! An Android version!

Loach 02-14-2013 12:30 PM

Uh oh. Another update. Can't download it where I am. Anything good in it?

USCDiver 02-14-2013 01:01 PM

I didn't notice anything specific, but it did let me level to 26, but I just finished all the points earlier today so don't now if that was just coincidence or if that is a new thing.

Labtrash 02-14-2013 01:05 PM

This update had better give me something good to get with the bazillion hearts I have now (close to 2500).

They should've made that girl (Shauna?) available with hearts, NOT donuts!

USCDiver 02-14-2013 01:07 PM

Oh must be more quests. I have Wiggum House and El Chemistri in my building list now for Level 26. I'm still a few buildings and a bunch of quests behind my Level, so I can't tell what those are other than Ralph comes with the Wiggum house.

Huvudtvätt 02-15-2013 05:58 AM

Love this game, but these donuts are really hard to come by. I think I earned one this last day, and I've been playing a lot. I definitely need more friends so I'll be happy to add any one of you - username huvet74.

Also, is there any easy way to get more land? I want to embiggen my town but I have used every available square as it is.

Loach 02-15-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huvudtvätt (Post 16008777)
Love this game, but these donuts are really hard to come by. I think I earned one this last day, and I've been playing a lot. I definitely need more friends so I'll be happy to add any one of you - username huvet74.

Also, is there any easy way to get more land? I want to embiggen my town but I have used every available square as it is.

Just costs money. Fake money. Didn't you buy any land? In the beginning it's pretty cheap.

Huvudtvätt 02-15-2013 07:23 AM

Found the "land expansion" button now. Don't know how I could have missed it.

Trion 02-15-2013 07:54 AM

I'm not seeing how to enter names of friends, nor can I see what my friend name is. Little help?

Sterling Archer 02-15-2013 10:16 AM

You need to create an Origin ID. Click on the friends button (pic of Milhouse and Bart) and then click the town that says "Add a friend for crying out loud." A menu will pop up with some tabs and a registration option, it will walk you through it.

If you've already registered and just need to know your ID, after clicking on the friends button, click the orange circle in the lower left to bring up the Origin menu and then click "profile" tab on the right.

I just got to level 25 and am trying to work through these quests so I can get to Burns Manor. I think Krabapel apt is my next building.

I really hope they let us use these hearts to get some more donuts like with the Santa coins. 2500 hearts, haha, I only have about 500... guess I need more friends.

Trion 02-15-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterling Archer (Post 16009622)
You need to create an Origin ID. Click on the friends button (pic of Milhouse and Bart) and then click the town that says "Add a friend for crying out loud." A menu will pop up with some tabs and a registration option, it will walk you through it.

If you've already registered and just need to know your ID, after clicking on the friends button, click the orange circle in the lower left to bring up the Origin menu and then click "profile" tab on the right.

Hrm. When I click the friends button all it does is send me to another seemingly random town of the same level as me. I don't see anything that says "Add a friend for crying out loud." nor do I see and orange circle in the lower left. I'm wondering if they haven't programmed that part into the Android version yet. Thanks anyway, SA.

zombywoof 02-15-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trion (Post 16009735)
I'm wondering if they haven't programmed that part into the Android version yet.

They have not AFAIK.

Labtrash 02-20-2013 08:58 PM

Great. Game froze up, and all I hear are strumming harps?

Reboots aren't helping. Argh!

USCDiver 02-20-2013 09:09 PM

I got another update today. I haven't figured out what it is yet, but the Valentines thing must be coming to an end soon. You can sell all the Valentine's decorations for $10/heart, ie if a topiary cost 10 Hearts to buy, you can sell it for $100.

Ravenman 02-20-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labtrash (Post 16028880)
Great. Game froze up, and all I hear are strumming harps?

Reboots aren't helping. Argh!

Same here. It's been 4 days since I could log in. This sucks.

Intergalactic Gladiator 02-21-2013 09:30 AM

I have it on my ThinkPad now (Android OS) and I just started out with it. So far so good.

Labtrash 02-21-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenman (Post 16029020)
Same here. It's been 4 days since I could log in. This sucks.

I am BEYOND pissed. Not only can't I play, but my CORN crop (yes, I did it) was due for harvest TODAY !

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:smack::smack::smack::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Loach 02-21-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labtrash (Post 16030896)
I am BEYOND pissed. Not only can't I play, but my CORN crop (yes, I did it) was due for harvest TODAY !

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:smack::smack::smack::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I got a corn crop going too. No problem getting on.

Loach 02-21-2013 07:06 PM

Damn. The heart grinder is there to convert the hearts but so far it's only giving money not donuts.

USCDiver 02-21-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loach (Post 16031665)
I got a corn crop going too. No problem getting on.

If it makes you feel better, I checked on your town earlier and didn't see an activity available on your farm, so I assume the crop was not ready for harvest yet or wilted.

Loach 02-21-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCDiver (Post 16032207)
If it makes you feel better, I checked on your town earlier and didn't see an activity available on your farm, so I assume the crop was not ready for harvest yet or wilted.

Oh not even close to being done yet. Regretting my decision to do it now.

USCDiver 02-21-2013 09:24 PM

Sorry that was supposed to be quoting Labtrash, it was his town I visited.

Sterling Archer 02-22-2013 09:08 AM

I gotta say, my favorite town is sarusim's. He has some awesome creative features in his town, from Burns Manor's property to the fancy garden behind Springfield Downs and the little resort made out of brown houses... soooo cool.

Sterling Archer 02-22-2013 09:16 AM

Are you guys converting all your hearts to cash, or holding out hoping for donuts? We have until the 28th, right?

Loach 02-22-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterling Archer (Post 16033426)
Are you guys converting all your hearts to cash, or holding out hoping for donuts? We have until the 28th, right?

I dumped some but not all. Still have about 2000. Just make sure you do it before the 28th. Some people were pissed off with the last one because they did the update in the middle of the day and didn't give them the full last day to get rid of Santa coins.

Just1Lurk 02-22-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterling Archer (Post 16033395)
I gotta say, my favorite town is sarusim's. He has some awesome creative features in his town, from Burns Manor's property to the fancy garden behind Springfield Downs and the little resort made out of brown houses... soooo cool.

Well, thanks! I owe it all to my years of playing SimCity. :D (Did you get the joke of me placing the House of Evil next to the church?)

One of the things I love about this game is visiting all the other Springfields and seeing all the different ways the towns are laid out and change over time.

Mahaloth 02-22-2013 05:01 PM

I just got it and have not played yet. Add me if you would be so kind. My name there is:

Mahaloth

Loach 02-22-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahaloth (Post 16035026)
I just got it and have not played yet. Add me if you would be so kind. My name there is:

Mahaloth

I got your request. I have to dump some non-dopers off my list first.

LateComer 02-22-2013 08:04 PM

If anyone else is looking for friends,

Psychout3000

Is a good friend of mine looking for friends.

And I also love sarusim's Springfield.

Mahaloth 02-22-2013 08:24 PM

I've friend-requested, I think, everyone in this thread. :)

Antigen 02-22-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trion (Post 16001103)
Hey, look! An Android version!

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

Hockey Monkey 02-22-2013 11:39 PM

I need to dump some not-Dopers from my friends list, then I can add you new guys. :D

Intergalactic Gladiator 02-23-2013 07:58 AM

I found the statue of Jebediah Springfield by tapping Homer. Do any other characters do that?

What happens when you grow the trifids?

Hockey Monkey 02-23-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator (Post 16036343)
I found the statue of Jebediah Springfield by tapping Homer. Do any other characters do that?

What happens when you grow the trifids?

He's the only one with an easter egg. You get some experience for growing trifids. Your game doesn't blow up or anything. :D

Mahaloth 02-23-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator (Post 16036343)

I tried this yesterday and he just kept giggling and asking me to not tickle him. Is there a reason it wouldn't work?

Mahaloth 02-23-2013 11:24 AM

Also, as I look at some of your Springfields, I notice a bunch of "Browns Houses". What is the reason for having a lot of these?

Loach 02-23-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahaloth (Post 16036696)
Also, as I look at some of your Springfields, I notice a bunch of "Browns Houses". What is the reason for having a lot of these?

House farming. They are cheap and quick to build. Get a bunch and farm them for money. I have a few but I hate how it looks with too many. It doesn't take too long before your Springfield is earning a decent amount without turning it into a farm.

Antigen 02-23-2013 01:03 PM

Just got started and I'm addicted. How do I interact with you guys?

pancakes3 02-23-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahaloth (Post 16036685)
I tried this yesterday and he just kept giggling and asking me to not tickle him. Is there a reason it wouldn't work?

You've got to click him 10x, and it only drops the statue once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antigen (Post 16036933)

On the bottom right, there's an icon with bart and milhouse. Click on it and there'll be "other springfield" which is the default friend location. Next to it will have a construction site that says "add friends" or something to that effect. You have to sign up for an origin account, or sync with fb/twitter to add new friends. The names that people have left on this thread are origin account names.

Also, before I go grinding out my hearts, there's nothing more to it right? riiiiiight?

Trion 02-24-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antigen (Post 16036933)

Sorry, Antigen, the Android version doesn't have that functionality yet. We're still playing catch-up.

Labtrash 02-24-2013 09:02 AM

Woohoo!

After several attempts to get back on it finally worked. I disabled auto lock, and waited the harp out. After a few tries my town appeared, and Better yet, when it finally did let me back on, it got into a loop with the bonus boxes, and a veritable flood o' donuts was enjoyed !!

Mmmmmmmm, illicitly obtained donuts.......

The corn was still there (thanks for checking USCDiver). I'll stick to the short term crops from now on.

I will attempt to update the SDMB list, but I'd anyone else wants to give it a shot, go for it.

Labtrash 02-24-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey Monkey (Post 16036504)
He's the only one with an easter egg. You get some experience for growing trifids. Your game doesn't blow up or anything. :D

I was SO hoping that the triffids would at least start walking around, stinging my townsfolk. :D

Intergalactic Gladiator 02-24-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labtrash (Post 16038978)
I was SO hoping that the triffids would at least start walking around, stinging my townsfolk. :D

Too bad, that would be funny.

I wish there was a way to fix my town's layout. I'm glad no one would hire me as a town planner, just about every time I lay down a building, I think "D'oh! I shouldn't have done it this way."

Loach 02-24-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator (Post 16039061)
Too bad, that would be funny.

I wish there was a way to fix my town's layout. I'm glad no one would hire me as a town planner, just about every time I lay down a building, I think "D'oh! I shouldn't have done it this way."

You can move them around. I do it all the time.