View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 05:18 PM
Leaffan Leaffan is offline
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,884
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
Oh, so that is what the youngsters call them now.

I am from the Deep South and live in New England. I know what tines are and almost always have to the best of my memory. I think most Americans do. What else are you going to call them should the rare need arise? Those pointy sticks of metal? Canadian and American English aren't that different. The OP probably just ran across some Canadians with a less than stellar English vocabulary.
This Canadian agrees. Tine is, or should be, common enough in any English dialect.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk