View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 07:17 AM
Bones Daley Bones Daley is offline
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 366
Originally Posted by Isilder View Post
Tine is also used for the forks on a forklift , and the verticals of a ladder.
Huh ? I have never heard the verticals of a ladder referred to as anything other than the stiles ... and the steps you stand on are called the rungs

"Stiles" is probably as obscure to the average person in the street as "tines" , but I think most people would be familiar with "rungs".

Last edited by Bones Daley; 05-13-2017 at 07:18 AM.