View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 08:37 AM
I Love Me, Vol. I I Love Me, Vol. I is online now
Charter Member
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,968
The word tine doesn't only refer to the prongs of a table fork. Tine is also what the individual sound producing elements of an electric piano are called. This usage is similar to table fork tines as electric pianos have tuning forks and the tine is part of that. But you don't call the piano part a "prong"