View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 10:20 AM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioRico View Post
A hypothetical Senate majority leader can thus drive the "trial" to any desired goal, at any convenient speed, for any political purpose. Their quandary is how to not obviously hold a mock "trial" that doesn't outrage the voting public enough to endanger the Senate majority's livelihood. Can a hypothetical foreign asset Senate leader do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taesahnim View Post
There is nothing hypothetical about your question. But you have the situation reversed. Let me ask it the proper way for you.

Suppose further that the Speaker of the House is a person who is utterly without principles or honor.

Is it proper for the Speaker to demand that the Senate operate under the same biased rules that the House did, and to delay forwarding the articles of impeachment to the Senate unless they agree to do so? Wouldn't that be considered an abuse of power, a quid pro quo on a massive scale?

Gee, where have we heard those terms before, I wonder.
Bolding mine.

Moderator Warning

engineer_comp_geek has already instructed everyone to stick strictly to the facts of law. Stating that your comments refer to hypothetical individuals when you clearly mean them to refer to real individuals doesn't get you off the hook, nor does using strikeout to try to sneak in a jab. This is an official warning to both of you.

Further comments of this kind will be subject to a warning.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

Last edited by Colibri; 12-20-2019 at 10:25 AM.