View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 09:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOKINPANUB View Post
I hate to say it, because I love the book,loved the first season, and usually adore EMoss, but making June into some badass is really not working, at least not for me.<snip>
Maybe they just aren't there yet, but I don't understand what June is doing AT ALL. She's becoming a bad-ass? She's going to become the leader of the revolution? She's just going to be all determined one minute and crying and doing something stupid the next? Work with us here, writers. Help us to understand what you're trying to do.
Quote:
On a different note, I'm not sure I understand what's going on with Emily and her wife. I realize their separation and all that followed have been traumatic but why do they seem so awkward with one another? Weren't they happily married when Emily got detained? When they finally reunited it was like they were distant relatives or something.Has it been explained that the wife (sorry I forget her character's name)had moved on and is with someone else or something? Why on earth would Emily stay at a hotel?
I understand that they will be awkward with each other at first, but for the love of all that's holy, start talking with each other at some point!