View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 12:28 PM
dracoi dracoi is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,867
Tax checks can usually be deposited with just one signature and either spouse can sign. So you're not likely to get her on fraud or anything criminal, but it would be worth checking to see how it was signed.

Other than, it's all civil/contract law. He can bring up the missing money as part of the divorce proceedings and make sure it gets counted in his favor with other assets. Sometimes these things even happen after a divorce and often the only recourse is to sue the person. The courts will grant a judgment, for whatever that's worth.

Last edited by dracoi; 04-09-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: ETA: Just wanted to add that I am definitely not a lawyer, but have seen lawyers give advice and how these things work out.