View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
By "losing our shit" I mean becoming irrational, out of control, destructive of those on the same side, and attacking each other, for example, accusing Mueller of being in a conspiracy to protect DJT because he didn't say the right words.

Expressing rage and disgust, yes--that is called for. Definitely. But not against those working and hoping for the same outcome, namely the removal of the Former President from office. Let's not devour each other in our rage.

I wonder if what is needed is mass demonstrations, a la the civil rights movement and anti-Vietnam war protests. I read a headline somewhere today (can't remember where) asking why the mainstream media aren't calling for the Former President's resignation. Is everyone still being too polite? Are we still expecting the other side to play fair, all evidence to the contrary?
Only one person said Mueller was a bad person, who might be part of a conspiracy, and I don't know that I've seen them post lately. We all know he's a human being though, he's not daddy, and he is not above criticism, any more than dt is AFAICS.

He had a long honeymoon for me and progressives. Nobody has been cruel to him here. You don't seem to want it to end though. It's time to take stock and figure out the next thing. He's not a bad person but it's a new situation, and he hadn't ever seen it before. Just like we hadn't.