View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acsenray View Post
But this is exactly why the Baltimore police are no longer allowed to keep the recording turned off until the interviewee "gets his story straight." Human memories are very malleable, and it is routine for authorities in these situations to intentionally or not start suggesting memories to witnesses.
Don't you think though that if that were their aim here, they would have reconciled Jay's story off the record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
The majority seem to believe Adnan is guilty. I'm not convinced by the majority opinion.
What are you basing this on?

Quote:
Is that some sort of codified rule of jurisprudence? I'm all for "best practices" to a certain point. But if evidence suggest I follow a road less traveled to see where it leads, why not explore it. If only to then be able to document that it lead nowhere.
Because those loose ends often invite more baseless speculation that can be interpreted as reasonable doubt. Just like we have in this case. There are people speculating any tangentially related person is responsible based on no evidence.

Just think about almost any exhaustively investigated case, and you have conspiracy theories abound. Whether it's Obama's birth certificate, The JFK assassination, 9/11, the moon landing, etc. The 9/11 truthers often insist the buildings were blown up despite us having video evidence of planes hitting the buildings. More evidence often doesn't give more clarity. Chasing down every lead almost always leads to dead ends which some will claim are not really dead ends. Yes, there needs to be some due diligence, but more evidence is not always better.

Quote:
Which is no different than the police pursuing their ends for a "good narrative". I know everyone is driven by their own motives or training to some degree. I think this story, if nothing else, exposes that unfortunate reality quite clearly.
Yes, but the police are "fact checked" by the DA, and ultimately by a jury. The innocence project doesn't have to answer for their mistakes.

Quote:
I think Jay has motive. Stephanie was the one indisputable great thing in Jay's life, according to his friend's accounts. We know that Hae threatened to expose to Stephanie that Jay was cheating on her.
We don't KNOW that. There is no evidence that Jay cheated on Stephanie or that Hae knew and threatened to expose him. That is baseless speculation. Even if that were true, Hae would probably tell Stephanie directly rather than confronting Jay. Additionally, Hae would have no reason to meet Jay after school.

Quote:
Or Jay was. While Adnan was off by himself smoking pot before track pratice. The moving of the car and burrying of the body could have been done later with Adnan's help or possibly Jen's.
So you think Adnan helped move the car, but wouldn't rat Jay out? What sense does that make? Or you presume, WITH ZERO EVIDENCE, that Jenn is lying about a murder now too?