View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acsenray View Post
the wording of your question is confusing, but if you are asking what I think you're asking, then, yes, I believe that one of the specific purposes of an unrecorded "pre-interview" is to make sure that the interviewee says what the cops want him to say, including any memories they want to plant or manipulate, or help him construct an entirely false story.
My question was, if the cops intended to massage Jay's story, why would they get him on the record telling conflicting stories? Even if they slowly reached that point, why would they document his earlier different stories?

Quote:
However, the early recorded Jay interviews when his story was changing were at a time when Adnan was not a target of their investigation, and, indeed, Jay had made himself a suspect.
This is incorrect. Adnan was always the target as far as the police questioning Jay. The only reason they contacted him and Jenn was because they were called from Adnan's phone.

Quote:
They just hadn't gotten to the point of "setting up" their best interview yet.
But why keep all the "rough drafts" if they knowingly are setting up a better interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyanon View Post
I think many people are overlooking how close Adnan was to Stephanie - Jay's girlfriend. To me this is motive, there is also motive with the fact that Hae might have been going to tell Stephanie about Jay's cheating.
THERE IS NO EVIDENCE JAY WAS CHEATING ON STEPHANIE. And even if he was there is not evidence Hae knew, that she was gonna tell Stephanie, or that Jay knew she was gonna tell on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyanon View Post
What really seems nuts to me is that on the testimony of one person who changed his story and NO physical evidence, a person is convicted. That is scary.
How so? How many rape, assault, and robbery cases are based on the victim's word? If I walked up to you on the street and punched you in the face, would you think your own testimony was insufficient to convict me?