View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 08:15 PM
UDS is offline
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,930
Originally Posted by UltraVires View Post
What American English word would we use for "chambers" how you are using it? Offices?
A "chambers" is a bunch of barristers who share office space, support staff, etc without being in a business partnership with one another, or having any interest in one another's earnings. You could think of it as a purchasing co-op whereby a bunch of self-employed sole traders pool their resources to buy accommodation, support services, resources, facilities, etc that they can all use.

Typically, they will all be on one premises, and that premises will also be referred to as their "chambers".