View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 01:36 PM

Just last week I was at home, trying to enjoy some Ramadan music free time (I know, hard to get this time of year). My office has been overwhelmed with Ramadan decorations, Ramadan themed parties and Ramadan carols, so I was just chilling at home, listening to some Coltrane and having a beer.

Then the doorbell rings, and wouldn't you know it, it was a couple of nicely dressed young men with a Quaran under one arm. "Can we share some divine revelations from Allah?" one of them said.

"No thanks, busy" I replied, but one of them had already stuck his foot in the door. "We just want to read some passages to you! No disaster strikes except by permission of Allah . And whoever believes in Allah – He will guide his heart. And Allah is Knowing of all things!"

"NO THANKS!" I repeated, and tried to close the door. They were persistent, I'll give them that. When I finally closed the door on them, I could hear them cursing me and saying I was going to be punished in Jahannam, and why don't I go back to Europe where I belong. I was born here! Really pissed me off.