View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 10:40 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
So you have just admitted that you were in the military 25 years earlier. And thus your experience is invalid, you weren't in during a time when the USA was engaged in fairly vicious fighting with insurgents of a particular name. (there's another equivalent slur word starting with H--- that is more common)

Invalid? Nah, that dog's not hunting either. For one thing, plenty of people (NCOs, officers) I served with actually served in combat against people of a particular nationality and ethnicity. Odd thing is they didn't go around using ethnic slurs about them. Since I served in a grand total of eleven duty stations, I did manage to meet a fair number of them. Also, I spend time on active bases which happen to have, you guessed it, currently active troops, troops who've served in combat in our current conflicts, who also don't bandy around ethnic slurs.

Quote:
Maybe I'm lying. But the evidence in front of you, including a dictionary link, would cause any rational person to doubt their conclusion that someone is lying.

Wiktionary? Yeah, that's not, as mentioned earlier, that great a source. And the evidence in front of me is that you are lying.

Quote:
I frankly don't care if you think I'm lying or not, just that you're a fucking idiot if you think i am.

Actually, you're a fucking idiot if you think you're trolling is going unnoticed.