View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Evolution is a scientific theory, strongly supported by the evidence, which is doubted by much of the country. Climate change due to human actions is a scientific theory strongly supported by the evidence which is doubted by much of the country.

I'm just wondering if you support the teaching of evolution in the schools - and not the controversy, the evidence - despite the doubts of many. If so, do you support actions against climate change despite the doubts of many?

A quick search showed that in 2016 about 50% of Americans thought that climate change both is happening and is caused by humans. 40% of Americans thought that humans evolved from other animals, with 20% unsure. So the numbers are pretty comparable.

I don't want to make this an evolution debate, of course, and your reticence in answering the question makes me doubt that you are any kind of creationist. I'm just curious if you apply the same standard to both issues.
(bold and underline added)

You don't want to make this an evolution debate by attempting to debate evolution. Interesting. Personally, I consider your attempt to change the topic to evolution as an attempted hijack of this thread. However, seeing as you have asked so nicely, I believe in evolution. I also believe that global warming is occurring.

p.s. I don't know why my response appears in bold. It doesn't contain any bracketed B.

Last edited by doorhinge; 10-26-2018 at 02:36 PM.