View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 05:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneadToKnow View Post
We're coming up on the hiatus between season 6 parts 1 and 2, and I have to say, I feel like I'm seeing the weaker writing that I heard about but didn't see when it was aired.
Weak writing in a final season is all to common. I've always assumed that the writers, knowing they're writing the final season, have found other work, are looking for other work or have otherwise checked out. At this point, they're just trying to get the rest of the episodes knocked out as quickly as they can.
In some shows, it goes downhill so quickly and seems so different I've wondered if the original writers are gone and they have other people doing it for them.

No matter what the case, it's disappointing when you have such a good show and it it turns in to such a mess at the end.
We all know how common it is to suggest that someone skips the first season of a show (usually a sitcom) because they haven't quite found their legs yet. I hate having to tell someone not to bother with the last one or two seasons because the writing got so bad.