View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 04:20 PM

Minor irritation, but I thought I'd share.

My wife was watching some show about food. The show gave some statistic about the number of families that eat fast food regularly. They then cut to one of their talking heads, a food writer, who put on her frowny face and said, "Now is that pleasure...or is it addiction?"

Then they said something about the number of adults who drink a glass of wine with dinner and cut to a different person, who put on his own frowny face and said, "Now is that pleasure...or is it addiction?"

And then mentioned the number of people who drink a cup of coffee each morning and cut to yet a third talking head, who said "Now is that pleasure...or is it addiction?"

Well, okay, I lied about the last two. It was only the fast food one that qualified as likely addiction. I'm sure they couldn't have found any food writers who would have considered a glass of wine or a cup of coffee to be some sign of addiction. I just hate it when people get all high and mighty about one behavior and let the same behavior slide in a somewhat different context.

There. Told you it was minor.