View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 04:10 PM

I haven't read any of their reports, but the various mentions that I have encountered of the output of the Jesus Seminar - which sought to identify the likelihood that any one saying could genuinely be attributed to the real Jesus - have all seemed fairly reasonable and likely.

It goes beyond just saying "this one is" and "this one isn't". A fairly common feature that they seem to have identified is that the Biblical version of parables will usually be longer, with an explanatory text at the end that is skewed to a particular viewpoint. For example, it looks like they doubt the final line in the Parable of the Wandering Sheep but otherwise accept it.

Other things they don't accept at all, like the Parable of the Talents.

https://www.amazon.com/Five-Gospels-.../dp/006063040X

I'm sure that there are a few Christians who have accepted their results, but I don't know if that could be classified as its own religion. It doesn't look (based on some Googling) like they have really added any material that isn't already in the Bible except one story called the Parable of the Assassin, so it would be difficult to take from their results a version of Christianity that was directly opposed to the Orthodox Christian one, just one which that was a smaller portion of it.