View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 09:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
And if it is? I'm not sure I understand your point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Of course not. It just seems like common sense that "I'm high" = "I feel less pain"
I understand what you're saying, but in some/many cases it doesn't matter. As long as I'm not in pain, and whatever ails me isn't something that can be fixed easily, what's the problem if I'm high or not? Don't forget, opiate/opioid meds are doing the same thing. As they say 'it doesn't get rid of the pain, it just makes you not care'.
Yes, in many cases if you can use a med that'll knock down some inflammation or help you overcome a painful issue, that's probably a good course of action. But as long as you feel less pain, that's generally the goal.

ETA it's like when I mention something or another I do that fixes some type of pain I have and they reply by saying 'it's the placebo effect'. My response to that is 'so what, if it works, it works'.

Quote:
I once used 12 ozs of Rum administered orally over 2 hours to stop the pain of sunburn, so I'm cool with it
If drinking away a sunburn makes you feel better and you're not putting others in danger, why on earth would anyone else care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinsdale View Post
I have long supported legalization of most (all?) drugs, including pot. Used to be a pretty serious fan myself. Personally, I am quite dubious of many (not all) claims of medical benefits. But yeah, smoking pot generally cures what ails ya.
I said for years and years and years, here even, that if you want weed to be legalized, don't use MMJ as a stepping stone, just fight for legalization. My fear was always that if it became legal for medical reasons, then you'd need a prescription and where does that get you? It would be treated the same way as oxycodone. One person even brought up the point that that would open the doors to big pharma grabbing it and really reduce the chances of it getting legalized for recreational reason.
While I do still feel that way, so far, the way things are heading, it would appear that I'm wrong.

Last edited by Joey P; 11-12-2019 at 09:32 AM.