View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Not Taunt View Post
I'm using 'paid' to mean he received something of value in exchange for his testimony.
That is generally not a description of what went on here. The fact is he was not paid as he didn't get something someone else in his position would not have gotten. Unless you are going to argue Adnan was paid because the state drove him to and from jail...

Quote:
I'm not sure if you are just going off a faulty memory of the podcast, or are leveraging some other source of information you haven't felt the need to cite, but this is not consistent with the podcast.
Read the transcript of this and the appeal document that I cited before. You are wrong.

Quote:
I can't reply to everything you've posted today, and most of it has already been rehashed, but - for your litany of evidence - as far as actually meeting the state's bar of proving beyond a reasonable doubt, most of it is nothing.
And yet, he was convicted, and has lost every appeal. Funny how that works.

Quote:
The nurse's opinion on Adnan's state of mind? Irrelevant.
Not irrelevant, but inadmissible given her lack of expertise. This was actually ruled on and she was not allowed to testify on this point.

Quote:
How often he called Hae? Irrelevant (did she even have a cell phone?
She had a pager, not a cell phone. How do you not know this basic fact, yet have such strident opinions?

Quote:
Wouldn't calling her house, when she's known to be missing, be odd?)
She had a pager, and her house number still worked given Hae's brother called Adnan looking for her. The fact that he completely stopped trying to contact her, and didn't even bother to offer help when all of her other friends were is highly suspicious.

Quote:
The "I'm going to kill" note - which is from, what, over a month before the murder? Means nothing.
That's hilarious.

Quote:
That's really about it.
Do you honesty think the trial took 6 weeks and that that was all that was presented? Read the transcripts that are available if you want to have a more informed opinion.

Quote:
seems to be inconsistent with anyone's understanding of where a pay phone at Best Buy might have been
Just for the record. There was a payphone. CG mentioned it in her opening, and multiple other people have verified this fact that SK couldn't for some odd reason.

Quote:
he was paid for his testimony
No, he wasn't.

Quote:
he's been arrested on violence charges several times since, whereas Adnan has been a model citizen in prison, a complete lack of any physical evidence directly tying Adnan to the crime, etc. More than enough for reasonable doubt, even at the time of Adnan's trial.
How would that be reasonable doubt during a trial when it happened after the fact, and since when is being arrested and not convicted evidence of anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acsenray View Post
5. For the record, I think Adnan did it and I don't think there was anything unfair about the way the podcast was done.
Look at the transcripts and evidence that has come out since the podcast ended. For example, there's a whole episode about driving to BB, or a mysterious phone booth that clearly existed, but nothing about him telling the French teacher to stop asking questions about him, and Hae hiding from him? Given the teacher actually testified, how do you justify that not making it into the podcast?