View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordMan View Post
Have you played an ES-339? A smaller-bodied 335 type?
I have not, will do.

Quote:
When you say that an LP hasn't moved you- is it because of the ergonomics? Are you saying you may prefer the feel of a Fender type? Or just that you haven't played an LP that spoke to you?
A little of both. Ergonomically, I haven't felt a LP neck to my liking; I know there are several styles available, but Gibson makes it as obscure as they possibly can which guitar has what neck. I like my AD Tele neck a lot, not perfect, but quite nice. What LP would be like that? I also didn't find one that spoke to me, but you need time to build that relationship, and I've just noodled unplugged in stores for the most part. So far.

Quote:
Have you seen a Fender Strat Select? Stratty goodness with an LP-style flamed top - really good looking.
I've seen the Tele version up close and didn't care for it, too much of a departure. I've only seen the Strat one online, and it is pretty. But my minds eye has a 2 tone sunburst like this. Hell, even a solid color would be fine, I've hefted a couple of Custom Shop painted strats that were soooo fine.

Quote:
I would also check out a La Cabronita, a Custom Shop Tele with Gretsch humbuckers. They bring some LP balls and the first run sold fast and is doing wel in resale. I would also check out higher-grade Gretsch Jets, like the Cadillac Green one - love 'em.
Will do, thank you for the recommendations.