View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 01:54 PM

I'll let you pick one - though both of these fall under "I'm not domestic at all and was raised to assume that I'd marry/enslave a wife to do it all for me, which ultimately didn't happen."

1) I don't cook. By which I mean I sometimes do some light microwaving, but don't go as far as boiling water, and literally have not turned on the oven or stove in my apartment in the thirteen years I've lived there. I subsist mostly on food that requires no more preparation than two minutes in the microwave. It's not ideal, but cooking sounds like a lot of work, a ton of time spent (or rather wasted, since nothing would be edible), and if I turned on the stove now the dust in it would probably ignite and burn down the apartment complex.

2) I don't care about various kinds of mess. As in, I don't care that the room is messy, and thus don't bother to clean it. I and the room achieve a homeostasis where the room is not bad enough to bother me and I have more time to do other, more entertaining things. Of course other people (crazy people) might disapprove of empty cardboard boxes stacked up waiting for me to decide they're in the way, or of dust and detrius accumulating into Dust Bunnies of Antioch around the edges of counters and hallway floors. Anything that actually matters is kept clear and clean and sanitary, but if its not in the way and I don't come into contact with it it's left free to develop sentience if it chooses.

And yeah, I'm aware that thanks to all this there is no way in the seventeen hells that any woman would put up with me, but I've made my peace with it since even if I was domestic I have lots of other attributes that would still drive any potential love interests away, so six of one, a half-dozen of another.