View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 08:17 AM

This is what has to happen if you want to push an unpopular politician out of office. The people have to get pissed off. That's why impeachment of Trump, right now, is not going to happen. There just aren't enough pissed off people to put pressure on the national government here to make it happen.

That's why I have said, over and over and over again, it'll take a disaster sufficient enough to light a fire under our asses before we either impeach Trump and remove him or simply vote him out of office in a massive landslide. Impeaching him over a 2 1/2 year probe with outcomes that were known almost 2 1/2 years ago...is a non-starter. And sadly, impeaching him because he's a racist is also a non-starter. White moderates have to get to the point where they form the conclusion that white christian nationalism isn't in their interests and isn't working for them, and that it might actually be hurting them. I am confident that this country will get to that point eventually, but I am equally confident that it will take a bit of pain before we get there. In the meantime, enjoy the ride.