View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 11:50 AM

I recently watched Due Date (2010) for the third time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1231583

Many of you would classify this as a "silly comedy" and it would be hard to argue with that.

But from the moment it began until the end, it held my attention and there were some wonderfully funny moments.

I would recommend this film to anyone and everyone (not for children however).

It was rated at 6.6 on IMDB which I consider to be a most grievous mistake. I would have rated it around 7.5.

The story is about an expectant father (Robert Downey Jr) who meets a kind of weird-o (Zach Galifianakis) who decides to befriend Downey and follows him and makes his life fairly miserable.

But that is not really a good description of this film. You really should give it a try for yourselves. At least try the first 15 or 20 minutes. I think you will then have a hard time leaving this film.

There are some wonderful contributions by some supporting actors (Julliette Lewis & Danny McBride). McBride especially is great in his portrayal as a paraplegic war time vet.

I didn't get anything out of it more so when I watched it for the 2nd or 3rd time. I just enjoyed watching it all 3 times because it is just such a fine comedy.

The only other thing I can say is, "If you are in the mood for a comedy, Try it. You'll like it".