View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
Since you're so busy asking chickenshit questions, can you answer some of my chickenshit questions?

1. Do you support the law?
2. Do you believe this law is constitutional?
3. If one is yes and the other is no; do you have a rough estimate of how many times you've criticized your political opponents for supporting laws that aren't constitutional?
4. Do you think women should be subject to long prison sentences, or perhaps even the death penalty, for having an abortion that would otherwise be legal under Roe v. Wade?
They're not "chickenshit questions". I'm trying to find out if there's any real evidence to support asahi's claim about women "almost certainly" being jailed for miscarriages. So far all I've seen is hand-waving like "history + common sense > cite", but I'm happy to answer your questions anyways:

1) I have only a cursory understanding of this law (which is a good bit more than many of the Dopers posting in this thread have demonstrated), but I haven't yet found anything in it I object to.

2) I don't think there's anything in the Constitution that precludes it. I understand that it is likely to run afoul of current Supreme Court precedent, but one of the goals is presumably to challenge that very precedent. I guess we'll have to wait and see what SCOTUS says. I certainly hope they'll find it Constitutional.

3) N/A

4) I haven't given it much consideration, but probably not. More importantly, for this thread, I don't believe this law does that, Slate's nonsense notwithstanding.

Last edited by HurricaneDitka; 05-08-2019 at 04:33 PM.