View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingsOfPylon View Post
As a woman, and a fairly small woman, after I was assaulted when alone in a mixed restroom (robbery by an addict, not rape - I don't know whether to be thankful or not), it has served me well to maintain a healthy skepticism. It was a hard lesson to learn, but it was learned. I can't afford to make too many mistakes.

In the meantime, transwomen with dicks are way less than 1% of the population, while the vast majority of penis-owning people tend to be dicks or worse. Let's see - if we play the odds, the chances are that the person with the penis is a dick or worse. When in doubt, it's best to stay away from them.
I'm also betting the odds, in an area that consists of all kinds of fragile people, including transpeople, so I'm hating this right along with you. Bathrooms are not my biggest concern. Grown-ups calling me an acronym is not my concern. I know what my concerns are, and fortunately so do a lot of other people, many of whom are men. I'm very grateful for those who have spoken up here and have to strongly disagree with your blanket indictment of them.

I also have a pretty good idea of the kind of fears circulating right now and a lot of sympathy for that. It's quite a mess.