View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
Not even: clothing, accesories, demeanor and even location can make a world of difference. Back when I was in college (ChemE), my friends and I discovered that, despite the four of us going together pretty much everywhere and looking quite distinctive as a pack, just by:
* switching our lab-ready clothes for fashionable ones,
* wearing contacts or our newest glasses rather than the biggest ones we had,
* putting on a very-moderate amount of makeup,
* and doing our hair (not even needing to go to the hairdresser),
a surprising amount of our male classmates didn't recognize us until we walked straight up to them and said "hi, guys!" (*4).

I once was greeted at the train station by this super-tall guy who was there with his tiny wife and two boys. The guy was wearing that year's Barça's second uniform, whose main area was highlighter yellow. I answered "uhm... hi?" "You've got no idea who I am " "I'll willingly admit I don't" "From work" ".......... OOOOH! You're the programmer who always leaves his phone behind! You cheat! Every time I see you you're wearing all grey and slinked down under your desk! I didn't even know you were this tall."
His wife was laughing sooo hard at my signed description of the way he draped himself over the chair and under the desk.

Very interesting that it didn't take much to not be recognized. I was always under the impression that distinct facial features such as a nose or a chin would make anybody recognizable.